Autistic Girl, 8, Arrested at School

Page 4 of 5 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

familiar_stranger
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2009, 2:16 pm

slowmutant wrote:
I don't think she meant that literally. I think what Jenny meant to say was how Evan had changed and become someone other than the Evan he used to be.

Jenny is hardly what I'd call a cow, btw. She's been on the cover of Plaboy.

you can call someone a cow because of the type of person they are, it doesn't matter if someone's attractive they can still be an inconsiderate
moron.

in the article i read she didn't mentioned anything about Evan changing, she mentioned feeling like Evan wasn't her son anymore because of the diagnoses. in other words you could say a mother loved her son and then stopped because of what a doctor said about them.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2009, 3:38 pm

familiar_stranger wrote:
slowmutant wrote:
I don't think she meant that literally. I think what Jenny meant to say was how Evan had changed and become someone other than the Evan he used to be.

you can call someone a cow because of the type of person they are, it doesn't matter if someone's attractive they can still be an inconsiderate
moron.

in the article i read she didn't mentioned anything about Evan changing, she mentioned feeling like Evan wasn't her son anymore because of the diagnoses. in other words you could say a mother loved her son and then stopped because of what a doctor said about them.

You assume that because you want it to be true. You don't know that it is true.

HaliaTotheres
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jan 2009, 3:43 pm

^It still wasn't a very nice thing for jenny mccarthy to say =\ regardless of the context and intent of what she said. What was different going into the doctor than coming out? just a label, unfortunately most labels placed on people have a tendency to define them. They get judged based on a stupid term.

familiar_stranger
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2009, 3:49 pm

slowmutant wrote:
familiar_stranger wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

moron.

You assume that because you want it to be true. You don't know that it is true.

i'd honestly prefer it to be false for Evan's sake, i believe it to be true because i read it as what she had said in an interview.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2009, 3:52 pm

I'm inclined to give Jenny the benefit of the doubt before I write her off as some kind of she-devil, and I guess I'm alone in that. Oh well.

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2009, 3:56 pm

No matter what she meant, why the balls does she feel she has the right to be mouthing off about us to the media, huh?

y es como un semestre"

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2009, 4:11 pm

gina-ghettoprincess wrote:
No matter what she meant, why the balls does she feel she has the right to be mouthing off about us to the media, huh?

Us? Who's us? Do you mean everyone on the spectrum?

Let it go already. You can't take everything so personally.

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2009, 4:18 pm

slowmutant wrote:

Us means autistics and those on the spectrum.

I take things personally when people are trying to make me and those like me out to be subhuman.

y es como un semestre"

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2009, 4:23 pm

slowmutant wrote:

I take things personally when people are trying to make me and those like me out to be subhuman.

But you are not subhuman. You know this.

familiar_stranger
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2009, 4:24 pm

slowmutant wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

But you are not subhuman. You know this.

the rest of the world finds it easy to forget we're human sometimes.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2009, 4:28 pm

It's not good if your spirit can be broken that easily.

Just say, "Pie in your face! Mud in your eye!" :wink:

gneer
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Jan 2009, 1:35 am

jrknothead wrote:
Parents Consider Legal Action After Autistic Girl, 8, Arrested at School

Quote:
Evelyn Towry Was Cuffed, Led Away by Police After Scuffle Over School Party
By SARAH NETTER
Jan. 14, 2008

I wonder if anyone really intended that to be "2008". The originally linked article states 2008 as well.

Strange.

lau
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2009, 11:21 am

gneer wrote:
jrknothead wrote:
Parents Consider Legal Action After Autistic Girl, 8, Arrested at School

Quote:
Evelyn Towry Was Cuffed, Led Away by Police After Scuffle Over School Party
By SARAH NETTER
Jan. 14, 2008

I wonder if anyone really intended that to be "2008". The originally linked article states 2008 as well.

Strange.

A little detective work... and the story with an "id" of one less than the one quoted does exist, and is dated Jan 13, 2009. I.e. it would appear to be a mistype of the year, on this story.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=6640477&page=1
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=6640478&page=1

Also: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28677922/

Kris94
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jan 2009, 2:06 pm

I think the teachers should have been took away in handcuffs.

Poor kid. Someone needs to break some teacher-skulls

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 3:13 am

Spokane_Girl wrote:
Grabbing the teachers or barging to get through just leads them to grab you and hold you so you can't attack them. What are they supposed to do if they can't touch you? Don't they have a right to defend themselves? I've been grabbed before in the past. I think the last time was elementary school when I was out of control. What could I do? I had to stop fighting because I hated being grabbed, it was painful.

I honestly don't have any opinions about the teachers because I don't know what they could have done different but the police? They could have called the parents.

but the teacher grabbed her BEFORE the little girl hit, so it wasnt self defense. unless maybe on the kid's part. is it even legal for teachers to restrain kids, unless they're hurting someone?

You're kidding me? they really took away an eight years old in handcuffs? what about chains around the ankles and blindfolded?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 11:15 am

/\ Do you realise this thread HAD been dead for 6 years?