Autistic Girl, 8, Arrested at School

Page 5 of 5 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 11:15 am

/\ Do you realise this thread HAD been dead for 6 years?

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 4:56 pm

felinesaresuperior wrote:
Spokane_Girl wrote:
Grabbing the teachers or barging to get through just leads them to grab you and hold you so you can't attack them. What are they supposed to do if they can't touch you? Don't they have a right to defend themselves? I've been grabbed before in the past. I think the last time was elementary school when I was out of control. What could I do? I had to stop fighting because I hated being grabbed, it was painful.

I honestly don't have any opinions about the teachers because I don't know what they could have done different but the police? They could have called the parents.

but the teacher grabbed her BEFORE the little girl hit, so it wasnt self defense. unless maybe on the kid's part. is it even legal for teachers to restrain kids, unless they're hurting someone?

You're kidding me? they really took away an eight years old in handcuffs? what about chains around the ankles and blindfolded?

The girl tried to leave the room so the teacher grabbed her. That is when she hit. I remember trying to leave the room myself but I got grabbed while the other blocked the door so I stopped trying to leave so they will let go of me.

It just looked to me the girl had a tantrum because she couldn't go to the party because she refused to remove her cow hoodie but the mother said in the video she was told to tuck down the ears and tuck in the tail and she refused that. I don't know why they wanted her to do that. I could remember the no hat or hoodie policy well in my school growing up. We could still wear our hoodies but we had to have it tucked down, it just couldn't be on our heads. Did they have the no hoodie policies in her school?

Then they brought autism into this which I think is irrelevant but they do that for the drama and to get more attention.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.