11 points about Israel,Lebanon and Palestinians

Page 1 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2009, 3:32 pm

Dokken wrote:

Quote:
Israel has been violating the Geneva Convention for such a long time. Israeli's seem not to care about people basic human rights at all. The Israeli government has been committing war crimes and people seem not to care.

What makes this worse is here in the good ole' U.S. of A, Bush and Cheney get away with breaking by pardoning themselves. They should be put on trial at Nuremberg like any common criminal including Hitler. If they can get away with what they did at the Abu Ghraib prison, then there's pretty much no use for the Geneva Convention.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2009, 7:56 am

sartresue wrote:
#15 and #16 topic

Palestinians are the dupes in this anus mundi of the world.

Hamacide is responsible for the deaths of Palestinians.

Hamas' birth is a reaction to Israeli policies.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2009, 8:20 am

Yes that is true. Several successive Israeli governments believed that splinter groups that have lead onto Hamas would embarrass the PLO, and then somehow it would all end there. Now it is much more religion than culture based extreme situation and they act as if that was a great surprise. Just like they knew that gaza was a pressure cooker, yet they allowed the cease fire to expire by 2 days. There are those the Israeli government would much rather have an enemy that doesn't want them to exist (and the feeling is mutual if they are honest) than one that is trying to find way of living along side, and deal with the refugee problem. That is because they don't have to live in these conditions, and they know full well they live at the others expense. The similarities with the ghettos and grand apartheid hold true. It is even better ;) than that as they can control nearly everything from outside.

Have you noticed there is never an argument for the settlers? I not heard anyone giving me a good reason why they should be there at all. It is always something that is brushed under the carpet even though the UN resolution says there should not be there.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2009, 11:26 am

LePetitPrince wrote:

#17 and #18 topic

Israeli policies are a reaction to hamas' birth.

The Israelis should never have "tolerated" Hamas as an alternative to Fatah/PLO, but of course hindsight is 20/20 vision.

Better the devil you know, as my Irish ancestors would have said. :roll:

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2009, 2:29 pm

Screw Israel. Sure the Islamic terrorists are bad but Jizzrael is a genocidal death country. I had Judaism forced on me as a kid and I wish I could take back every cent I was tricked into giving towards tzedakah (Israeli charity). 3 times as many Palestinians are killed than Israelis. Most Israelis that are killed are soldiers. Most Palestinians killed are civilians. I hate the Pissraeli government almost as much as I hate the Saudi government. We are only friends with the Saudis for the oil. We are only friends with the Israelis for control in the middle east.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2009, 3:25 pm

Still waiting for an arguement for the settlers.

Bea
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jan 2009, 2:10 am

It's the oldest argument of them all: this is the "land without a people" waiting empty for the return of "the people without a land." Of course, that argument only works if you don't consider the Palestinians to be people.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2009, 7:25 am

Bea wrote:
It's the oldest argument of them all: this is the "land without a people" waiting empty for the return of "the people without a land." Of course, that argument only works if you don't consider the Palestinians to be people.

Yep thats a good one to justify genocide, they used it here. Australia was legally declared Terra Nullius (empty land) the Aboriginals were classed as part of the natural fauna

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2009, 1:12 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
sartresue wrote:
#15 and #16 topic

Palestinians are the dupes in this anus mundi of the world.

Hamacide is responsible for the deaths of Palestinians.

Wrong. Hamas' birth is a reaction to Israels existence.

ruveyn

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2009, 7:48 pm

history_of_psychiatry wrote:
Screw Israel. Sure the Islamic terrorists are bad but Jizzrael is a genocidal death country. I had Judaism forced on me as a kid and I wish I could take back every cent I was tricked into giving towards tzedakah (Israeli charity). 3 times as many Palestinians are killed than Israelis. Most Israelis that are killed are soldiers. Most Palestinians killed are civilians. I hate the Pissraeli government almost as much as I hate the Saudi government. We are only friends with the Saudis for the oil. We are only friends with the Israelis for control in the middle east.
That can't possibly be because Hams puts their offensive locations, leaders, etc in civilian locations can it? Hamas does it intentionally to increase civilian deaths in an attempt to gain sympathy.

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2009, 9:45 pm

Bataar wrote:
That can't possibly be because Hams puts their offensive locations, leaders, etc in civilian locations can it? Hamas does it intentionally to increase civilian deaths in an attempt to gain sympathy.

You are certain the motivation is to increase civilian deaths rather than merely a necessity in the achievement of a wider goal?

Might I ask where such an organization in such circumstances could otherwise sensibly put themselves? Are you suggesting that if they located themselves in a centralized fashion, away from civilians, that they would still be in that location long, rather than all "dead by lunchtime"?

Is it not plausible that Hamas locates itself as it does, because its members are neither entirely stupid, not determined to fail utterly?

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2009, 10:34 pm

Bataar wrote:

It was rightly pointed out that the population density of Palestine virtually guarantees that military units cannot escape being embedded in the civilian population.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 5:18 am

Fuzzy wrote:
Bataar wrote:

It was rightly pointed out that the population density of Palestine virtually guarantees that military units cannot escape being embedded in the civilian population.
So you have no problem when Hamas uses schools to attack from?

psych
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 5:37 am

Bataar wrote:

Its hard to tell if these stories are really the case, or just propaganda.

Quote:
...Later, the official liar claimed that "our soldiers were shot at from inside the school." Barely a day passed before the army had to admit to UN personnel that this was a lie too. Nobody had shot from inside the school and no Hamas fighters were inside the school, which was full of terrified refugees.

But the admission made hardly any difference any more. By that time, the Israeli public was completely convinced that "they shot from inside the school" and TV announcers stated this as a simple fact.

So it went with the other atrocities. Every baby metamorphosed, in the act of dying, into a Hamas terrorist. Every bombed mosque instantly became a Hamas base, every apartment building an arms cache, every school a terror command post, every civilian government building a "symbol of Hamas rule." Thus the Israeli army retained its purity as the "most moral army in the world."

http://www.morningstaronline.co.uk/news ... _slaughter

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 7:20 am

Bataar wrote:
Fuzzy wrote:
Bataar wrote:

I have a big problem with Hamas. I am in support of Israel.

But guess what? The Truth is the Truth. My bias is less important than the facts. Why isnt yours?

Greyhound
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 8:16 am

I see a definite Palistinian bias in the news, even from the BBC.

Dodgy circuitry! Diagnosed: Tourette syndrome. Suspected: auditory processing disorder, synaesthesia. Also: social and organisation problems. Heteroromantic asexual (though still exploring)