How to stop thinking about love? At least for a little while

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Likho
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Jan 2009, 8:57 pm

you cant stop. just get over it.

Veresae wrote:
if I walk into a classroom full of fellow college students, then I find myself thinking, "OK, so who in here is hot? Who looks interesting? Who might I have things in common with?"
you can actually find love that way. its a weird strategy, but it works.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2009, 9:12 pm

Likho wrote:
Veresae wrote:
if I walk into a classroom full of fellow college students, then I find myself thinking, "OK, so who in here is hot? Who looks interesting? Who might I have things in common with?"
you can actually find love that way. its a weird strategy, but it works.

Forgive my asking, but doesn't that seem a bit, well, shallow?

Likho
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Jan 2009, 9:25 pm

when you think about it, allpeople do it like that, except they do it unconciously. it may be shallow but is it a bad thing? you have to find people you like first to fall in love.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2009, 9:32 pm

Get a cat or a dog. They make the best companions.

If it's lust not love you're talking about I think it's only normal...

kbergren21
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jan 2009, 10:42 pm

Everyone seems to look at it from the wrong perspective! Its not a bad thing being single. No honey-do list, no reporting in, no battles about over the bed yatta yatta. You get to do whatever you want! Its a freedom you should cherish at the moment.

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2009, 10:57 pm

kbergren21 wrote:
Everyone seems to look at it from the wrong perspective! Its not a bad thing being single. No honey-do list, no reporting in, no battles about over the bed yatta yatta. You get to do whatever you want! Its a freedom you should cherish at the moment.

Yeah, there's that side to it as well.

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2009, 7:13 am

kbergren21 wrote:

ah, but if you keep your own homes you get the best of both

b9
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2009, 7:32 am

i do not know what love is. i love (in a paternal way i guess) my animal friends, and i am concerned for the well being of my human friends.

but i do not know what it is that people dance around in joy about when they say they are in love.

i never think about love objectively. it never occurs to me. i feel complete and i need not search for someone else to "complete" me.

but i encounter lives that i am agonizingly concerned for, and that may be love, but i do not seek those encounters.

oli234
Toucan
Toucan

18 Jan 2009, 8:11 am

Quote:
i do not know what love is. i love (in a paternal way i guess) my animal friends, and i am concerned for the well being of my human friends.

but i do not know what it is that people dance around in joy about when they say they are in love.

i never think about love objectively. it never occurs to me. i feel complete and i need not search for someone else to "complete" me.

but i encounter lives that i am agonizingly concerned for, and that may be love, but i do not seek those encounters.

I've spoken to some people who feel like this, you're probably better off.