Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 2:54 pm

I just remembered something I used to do...totally forgot about it for the longest time though, and I just tried it a second ago and it didn't seem to work =/

Anyway, I started noticing it around middle school, I could stare at the ground, and it would start to move. Sometimes it would ripple and wave like water, sometimes it would shift around like wind blowing sand.

Had this happen sometimes with other things, as well...I remember one time staring at the horizon at night, and it started to look as if it were a sheet, with something behind it poking at it, trying to rip through.

Just wondering if anyone else has this, or has heard of it...I'm just hoping it's not like a seizure or something scary like that :x

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 2:57 pm

I would have similar experiences at times, wish I knew how to explain it.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 3:02 pm

Resolution error in the matrix. Take the blue pill and everything will be fine.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 3:14 pm

yes i've had similar experiences. there's another thread about how the world is really a hologram. makes sense to me.

ValMikeSmith
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 4:06 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
I just remembered something I used to do...totally forgot about it for the longest time though, and I just tried it a second ago and it didn't seem to work =/

Anyway, I started noticing it around middle school, I could stare at the ground, and it would start to move. Sometimes it would ripple and wave like water, sometimes it would shift around like wind blowing sand.

Had this happen sometimes with other things, as well...I remember one time staring at the horizon at night, and it started to look as if it were a sheet, with something behind it poking at it, trying to rip through.

Just wondering if anyone else has this, or has heard of it...I'm just hoping it's not like a seizure or something scary like that :x

If you're not literally hallucinating, you're probably just stareing too long, which causes peculiar persistence-of-vision anomalies or optical illusions.

DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 4:20 pm

I stare at things while I'm daydreaming and I may start rocking then, too, because it's comfortable :)

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 6:56 pm

I always feel like certain large buildings are shaking when I am in them...I mention it to other people and usually find that they don't experience the same thing...and it just makes me seem even crazier.
The building I went to for an aspie meeting I attended was like that. I felt like the whole thing was rumbling...probably just the motors from the air conditioners combined with the mild strobe affect of the florescent lights and whatnot.

The last building I briefly had a real job in was the same way. I was up on the top floor and felt like I could feel the building swaying. It made me kinda nauseous.

unreal3x
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jan 2009, 7:53 pm

poopylungstuffing wrote:
I always feel like certain large buildings are shaking when I am in them...I mention it to other people and usually find that they don't experience the same thing...and it just makes me seem even crazier.
The building I went to for an aspie meeting I attended was like that. I felt like the whole thing was rumbling...probably just the motors from the air conditioners combined with the mild strobe affect of the florescent lights and whatnot.

The last building I briefly had a real job in was the same way. I was up on the top floor and felt like I could feel the building swaying. It made me kinda nauseous.

I once went to the top of a very very tall hotel right, I felt like I had to grab the ground. I was only up there for about 10 secs before I went back down. That was due to the window though I think, buildings are designed to shift or sway, to sort of "ride with the punch". It seems however I was more sensitive to it than others.

Now for what the OP said, I think I have done that before, but it has been a while. I remember that if there were things that would contrast each other in either shape or color I would see minor shifts in movement in between them giving the appearance of slight movement. I think its just me staring for too long, or my eyes having changing focus with out me realizing it. You just gotta focus. Optical illusion. Its not like you can attentively look directly at what ever it is you are looking at, and literally see it moving.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2009, 3:00 pm

ValMikeSmith wrote:
If you're not literally hallucinating, you're probably just stareing too long, which causes peculiar persistence-of-vision anomalies or optical illusions.

I don't know, I didn't have to stare very long for it to start.