Liking someone you know you will never EVER get.

Page 3 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2009, 8:23 pm

drowbot0181 wrote:
As somebody that has had his crush bubble repeatedly popped, the only thing I can say that has ever helped is throwing myself into another obsession (but not a person). Do you play video games or anything (that's one of mine)?

Yeah I know, the only way I got over my last broken heart was by starting to crush on the new guy. A never ending circle of lose. What i'm more worried about is the jealousy to come, if I see certain pictures etc. Maybe I have to disconnect myself with that place.

drowbot0181
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 9:15 am

hale_bopp wrote:
drowbot0181 wrote:
As somebody that has had his crush bubble repeatedly popped, the only thing I can say that has ever helped is throwing myself into another obsession (but not a person). Do you play video games or anything (that's one of mine)?

Yeah I know, the only way I got over my last broken heart was by starting to crush on the new guy. A never ending circle of lose. What i'm more worried about is the jealousy to come, if I see certain pictures etc. Maybe I have to disconnect myself with that place.

I know how you feel. My life was the exact same way for years, moving from one unrequited love to another. I didn't know I had A.S. all that time, but I think that was a big part of it. I think people we crush on tend to turn into an Aspie obsession and those are so hard to break.

I wish I could offer better advice. All I can say is hang in there and try to direct your focus elsewhere. It will fade with time. *hugs*

Jwa
Raven
Raven

20 Jan 2009, 5:14 pm

greenblue wrote:
Jwa wrote:
Wow! Then how would you ever connect with someone you really want!
Isn't this playing it too safe with your heart - it is like don't want to get hurt so will not take a chance at all!

Yes, I believe that's practically the case in the end, with some other issues to add, but I think I got used to it somehow, and it kinda seems normal when I don't give it any thought, I don't feel that desire that I had before, and I recently liked a girl who found nice but I decided to just fantasize and daydream about her and nothing more than that, which seemed satisfactory enough for me. What can I say, I am a big loner :)

Well good thing is you seem to be quite content with your path of choice here, so that is good! Well as long as you are a happy big loner, then that is actually pretty cool! :) I sometimes fantasize about being a loner! :) I am totally serious- I am working on it! Sometimes being happy within ourseleves and solely by ourselves can bring us true peace.

Benjamming
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Jan 2009, 12:43 am

hale_bopp wrote:

The girl I was/am crushing on sits less than 2 metres away from me for most of the working day - its hard to disconnect those emotions when they're in your face all day. Whats worse is the guy she's started seeing is someone I absolutely loathe, so I twitch inside whenever I overhear snippets of phone conversation.
Long story short is that I met her when she was getting out of a bad relationship. She led me on (partly my fault and my aspieness), but declared she was completely over men forever when I asked if she had been giving me signals. Then hooks up with this guy. Did I mention I hate him?
We would be a terrible couple, I know that. Virtually nothing besides work in common, but I still pine for what would never have happened outside of my head. I'm working on my feelings by reciting little mantras and meditating, and I'm making progress (I can actually write this without sinking into despair, woo!) but sometimes I have to physically restrain myself from looking in her direction and resist the urge to start up a conversation just to hear her voice.
I think it will be good for me if we move desks and get separated. She's a nice person and I like being near her, but that's unhealthy for me. I was reflecting recently that the week she was away was one of my more productive weeks at work.

DaLoCo
Raven
Raven

21 Jan 2009, 3:58 am

hale_bopp, I have an answer.....I just found out the person I obsess about is vry untrustworthy, cannot keep things in confidence. That jerked me out of my little dream world like I was on greased owl sh*t.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2009, 1:53 am

ARRGH, ARRGH, ARRGH. I have this. I'm trying to get over her and I'm not sure it's working. That said, it's not as agonizing as some similar experiences in the past, because she knows how I feel and is being incredibly sweet about it, still being my friend and talking to me and being sympathetic about it all. So it's easier, in a way.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2009, 2:30 am

hale_bopp wrote:
drowbot0181 wrote:

*hugs* might be a good idea, sometimes the only thing that works is some time and distance away from that person (that's the only thing that worked for me in the end, I tried everything else in vain).

Craig28
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 4:33 pm

I've currently gone past the worst part of my "thing" with my married female befriender. She doesn't know about any of what I felt. I still feel the need to think about her from day to time, little bits here and there, like its getting me through the day! Its an addiction, that I do know and I am doing everything I can to end it because it actually makes me feel sad.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 4:55 pm

Jeepers this thread is old. I can't even remember who this person I was crushing on was.

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 5:19 pm

Zombie thread rises from the grave to haunt the present...

Grrr! Brains! Nom, nom, nom...

:p

Well I guess whatever it is you did worked if you can't remember who it was...

Come check out my photography!
http://dmausf.deviantart.com/

bewarethebob
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 5:23 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
Jeepers this thread is old. I can't even remember who this person I was crushing on was.

And i was thinking of an insightful hope speech too!

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 5:40 pm

bewarethebob wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

I think people should be warned for bringing back dead threads.. ive seen it a lot lately... Because then people like you waste time.

LordoftheMonkeys
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 6:22 pm

I can't say I've felt this before. If you ask me about my sexual orientation, the best thing I would be able to come up with is demisexual ephebophile. Essentially, I'm only attracted to girls in their teens, and only if they're attracted to me first. If they lose interest in me, I automatically lose interest in them. I like it that way. I never feel frustration or unrequited love. I can't imagine what it must be like to have those emotions.

Sorry if that didn't help. I don't know what would have.

Daemonic-Jackal
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 6:29 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
bewarethebob wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

I think people should be warned for bringing back dead threads.. ive seen it a lot lately... Because then people like you waste time.

What are you having a go at 'bewarethebob' for? He didn't resurrect this thread.

http://www.facebook.com/YentonianCarlos

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 6:37 pm

Daemonic-Jackal wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
bewarethebob wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

What are you having a go at 'bewarethebob' for? He didn't resurrect this thread.

I wasn't "having a go" at him. I was agreeing with him. He said he was going to make a proper reply. If he had then he would have had his time wasted beacuse someone brought back an ancient thread.

bewarethebob
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 6:40 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
bewarethebob wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

I caught it though!

People like me eh? I just saw it up, clicked it, saw your reply, and realized it no longer mattered. Im sorry? :?