What type of people do you feel attracted to?

Page 2 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2009, 11:22 pm

the cold ones, the calm, the collected, the unemotional, the ones who do not display their needs and emotions, that do not say they need you or love you...

This one more closely describes me. I would also prefer this kind of person too because I am not comfortable with a lot of drama and expectations to be "romantic", whatever that means for each person.

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

millie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2009, 11:26 pm

most people bore the living daylights out of me.
i am most interested in multi-faceted people who are complex and fragmented and who are not easily summed up.
Usually they have had extraodinary lives and have lived to tell the tale.
i know a lot of people. a lot of artists and writers and amazing people. the best of the best are ASD people.

People like that - they are just the rare jewels of the world - those ones.
And when i come by them, they are a part of me for life.

Last edited by millie on 19 Jan 2009, 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2009, 11:34 pm

northern_light_girl wrote:
The emotional ones, the sensitive, the romantics, the bubbly, the needy who never fail to reveal their that they need you and that they love you..

or

the cold ones, the calm, the collected, the unemotional, the ones who do not display their needs and emotions, that do not say they need you or love you...

which ones do you prefer and WHY?

I usually end up with the cold, unemotional, calm ones.

I do like the sensitive and romantic. Not bubbly though, can't stand bubbly people. And no too needy.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 12:55 am

One who is intelligent & educated, and very paternal; caring type. This is quite opposite of self but I need a nurturer - older men who are gentle. And with security so I'm not afraid. Lab Pet can be attracted to one is a leader type and charismatic, but not superficial.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 1:13 am

Kindness and wisdom do it for me. They're one and the same thing, actually.

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 1:21 am

Kind people. People who I feel are less likely to reject me because I am different. The harsh, brash types I always avoid.

ike
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 1:31 am

hartzofspace wrote:
northern_light_girl wrote:

which ones do you prefer and WHY?

The above quoted. Emotional people are sometimes entertaining, but mostly exhausting.

Ta da! My girlfriend is of that emotional variety though. It's not always easy but I manage.

ke7dbx
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jan 2009, 2:45 am

Me it is the narcotics. However I don't feel this is a good match. My problem is every one I hung out with at school are in animation and they are narcotic in some fashion. Seems like every one there have some sort of issue, like ADD, bi-poler, Aspergers ect. Drive me nuts. Or its the super intelligent. Same issues. as above, narcotic.

The Fashion students at school drive me nuts. Pressie with little smarts.

Alisscious
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Jan 2009, 3:06 am

I am attracted to a person who, is only their hilarious, intelligent, honest, connective selves, who can see or try to see themselves and love themselves for who they have been, then they take that self acceptance and honestly live every moment by being present, truthful and open. Even if that means, that they are sad or angry, as long as they can address what they were just feeling, as to move on to continue being present in the new moment.

They radiate such warmth and beautiful light, in themselves, that I can not quite imagine not touching them.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 7:23 am

None of them.

Padium wrote:
I am attracted to people who are normal.... which is about 2% of the population, as even most NTs have a personality disorder, or are manipulative, or just want to make you their play things... A lot of people are like that... I want someone who can accept me for me, and is genuinly kind hearted and will look out for my best interests.

they're not really NT if they have a PD.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 8:33 am

KingdomOfRats wrote:
None of them.

Padium wrote:
I am attracted to people who are normal.... which is about 2% of the population, as even most NTs have a personality disorder, or are manipulative, or just want to make you their play things... A lot of people are like that... I want someone who can accept me for me, and is genuinly kind hearted and will look out for my best interests.

they're not really NT if they have a PD.

By personality disorder, I meant having something wrong with their personality that they have a hard time treating people properly, themselves included.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 8:35 am

A down to earth person. Someone who is simply kind and trustworthy. I hate those who are phonies, skanks and all about their looks. I'll admit finding an innocent girl would be nice but the number of them out there today is almost zero.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 8:42 am

ke7dbx wrote:
Me it is the narcotics. However I don't feel this is a good match. My problem is every one I hung out with at school are in animation and they are narcotic in some fashion. Seems like every one there have some sort of issue, like ADD, bi-poler, Aspergers ect. Drive me nuts. Or its the super intelligent. Same issues. as above, narcotic.

The Fashion students at school drive me nuts. Pressie with little smarts.

Do you mean 'Neurotic?"

gneer
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Jan 2009, 8:54 am

Alisscious wrote:
I am attracted to a person who, is only their hilarious, intelligent, honest, connective selves, who can see or try to see themselves and love themselves for who they have been, then they take that self acceptance and honestly live every moment by being present, truthful and open.

I like your statement as it partly describes me. :)

However, most women I dated seem to feel like that and I feel like that too, so I assume that's a quite typical hope.

zeichner
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Jan 2009, 11:16 am

I'm attracted to people who read books, who have a dark sense of humor, who accept people for who they are. But otherwise, I tend to not be attracted to people who are too much like me - I get enough of that when I'm alone.

I also tend to avoid people who always seem to be trying too hard to engage my enthusiasm, or are overly dramatic.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 2:17 pm

Someone with a good sense of humour and won't get offended by contraversial style humour, someone who is patient, has similar interests/ideas but not the same, someone who isn't boring and likes a bit of adventure, someone who is romantic but not to the point of cheesiness and someone who is honest and doesn't BS