Do you feel much younger than your actual age?

Page 5 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

AlexKohler1
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Jan 2009, 8:11 am

When I was 15 I sometimes saw myself like I was 10 or 12 even though I was actually very mature by that time. It could have been because I remembered times when I was 12 very clearly since things happened than that I really liked and they were as recent than as things when I was 15 are now.

I have a mother, father with Asperger's Syndrome, two bothers two years older than me, one has severe Autism and the other is NT.

My brother got me started playing Xbox several years ago.

18 years old, 5'4", brown hair.

AlexKohler1
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Jan 2009, 8:17 am

Hovis wrote:
pakled wrote:
I ask because my AS ex-husband-to-be is 34 years old and prefers to hang out with girls at the local university who are between 18 and 21 years old.

well, there's a good reason for the impending exit for you and him. To be honest, most men of any sort would love to be attractive to women that age. Most are smart enough not to act on it, though.

I did once 'creep out' a woman in her 20s who was doing minor flirting with me until she found out I was in my 50s...;) Strangely, the look of horror and disgust on her face made me feel better...;)

To be honest here, I actually find it a bit strange that an age gap is often considered to be a barrier in a prospective relationship. If both parties are legally adult, why is it a problem? The girl you met obviously was initially attracted to you, so it's quite a puzzle to me as to why finding that you were the age you are put her off.

If I was social and looking for a partner, I can't really say it would bother me whether he was 18 or 60 if he was also interested. :?

I'm 18 and my boyfriend is 21, I would not want him to be 40. He would be too old to relate to me and by the time I'm ready to have kids, he'd be to old to. Even if we did have kids, he'd almost be a senior citizen when when they went to college. A 60 year old man wouldn't be able to do much help in the big family I want anyway. Plus it would be weird for him to be 40 with someone my age.

I have a mother, father with Asperger's Syndrome, two bothers two years older than me, one has severe Autism and the other is NT.

My brother got me started playing Xbox several years ago.

18 years old, 5'4", brown hair.

taltalim
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Jan 2009, 2:50 pm

Funny you asked...

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I am 42, and I feel (and mostly behave) as if I were still 22 or 24. Every year on my birthday, I make a resolution to grow up. And what happend this year? Two days after my birthday, I bought this totally cute tote with little freak animals printed on it, suitable for a 6 yo. Umm, maybe I will try again next year.
Most people think that I am in my early-mid 30ies once they hear about my PhD. However, as long as they don't have any information on my cv, they usually guess late 20ies-30.

Until I finished my undergrad studies, I always felt much older than my biological age, and, even as a child, had only adult friends or those who were 20+ years senior.

Re relationships:
At the age of 21, I (female, hetero.) had a boyfriend who was 11 years older. At a certain point, it changed, and I became interested in guys who were about 8-10 years younger. Now I am down to 12 years younger. (Don't worry, I never had a relationship with a guy younger than me.) My male friends are about 10 years younger than me.

Most of my female friends, on the other hand, are about my age or max. 5 years younger.

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2009, 3:16 pm

AlexKohler1 wrote:
I'm 18 and my boyfriend is 21, I would not want him to be 40. He would be too old to relate to me and by the time I'm ready to have kids, he'd be to old to. Even if we did have kids, he'd almost be a senior citizen when when they went to college. A 60 year old man wouldn't be able to do much help in the big family I want anyway. Plus it would be weird for him to be 40 with someone my age.

If someone particularly wanted children, then, yes, I imagine there would be some purely practical factors against it.

I don't really see any reason why a relationship with an age gap would be weird, though, or why people from two different generations automatically wouldn't be able to relate to each other. I would say that the latter is purely a case of matching suitable personality types, whatever their age.

ignisfatuus
Toucan
Toucan

25 Jan 2009, 4:10 pm

I felt old when I was young, and I feel young now. It was around 12 that the social divergence between my peers and I started opening up, and it seems unbridgeable from where I stand now.

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2009, 4:15 pm

In some ways I feel my age. In others, like in my emotional maturity and relationships with other people, I feel like I'm maybe in my late teens. Other people also tend to treat me as though I'm younger than I am, and often use pet names such as "honey," "sweetie," and "kiddo." I guess I act young, which is somewhat unfortunate because I'm a professional now, and I don't want to seem immature.

Ford_Prefect
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jan 2009, 12:23 pm

Yes, I am nearly 40 but I feel like 20-25 years old. Sometimes even younger... (but I have some opinions like conservative old man)

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2009, 4:28 am

No.....I feel 40

and....I'm gonna be 27 this March.

I don't regret it, though

GodsWonder
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Jan 2009, 1:28 pm

Yes, I am 19 but I feel like I am around 14ish. I think it is related to AS cuz I think that we mature slower then NT's.