Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2009, 9:12 pm

NarfMann wrote:
My problem with FFXII is that the plot is stupid and the characters are all so boring and whiny. Final Fantasy characters are supposed to be interesting and whiny.

:lmao:

so true...

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2009, 9:24 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
NarfMann wrote:
My problem with FFXII is that the plot is stupid and the characters are all so boring and whiny. Final Fantasy characters are supposed to be interesting and whiny.

:lmao:

so true...

Hmm, let's see... Tidus, Squall, Cloud... the toad makes a valid point. It always seems like the main character in any FF game has some lady friend that is the cause of the majority of their trouble (Tidus-Yuna, Squall-Rinoa, Cloud-Aeris)

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 7:39 am

I don't remember any of the characters in FFXII being whiny at all. They were, as I recall, the least whiniest characters in the series post-SNES era, with the possible exception of FFIX.

NarfMann
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Feb 2009, 10:13 am

Fair enough, the only real whiny one was Vaan, but he was whiny enough for the whole game. And they were still all boring. They were all realistic, with enough flaws to be real people and every last one of the villains was likable and filled with redeeming qualities and still boring. Final Fantasy is not supposed to be realistic, it's supposed to be fantastic.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 5:05 pm

NarfMann wrote:
Fair enough, the only real whiny one was Vaan, but he was whiny enough for the whole game. And they were still all boring. They were all realistic, with enough flaws to be real people and every last one of the villains was likable and filled with redeeming qualities and still boring. Final Fantasy is not supposed to be realistic, it's supposed to be fantastic.

Hence the name, FINAL FANTASY.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.