24 Jan 2009, 1:57 am

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43755.html

Wow! 8O

The former things have passed away."

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 2:40 am

It looks very nice, and you might want to take a picture because thats the first time I have ever said that about a PS3 game. It actually looks half way realistic 8O which if I recall Sony said the PS3 games would look very realistic well up until now they have not.

Now I do have my reservations however

1.) I am worried what the game will look like when it is up and running.
2.) I am worried about the gameplay will it be a carbon copy of the last zillion Final Fantasy Games or will it do something innovative and spice things up.
3.) Will it be to easy or will they make it challenging and hard like Final Fantasy 3 and 4.

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

24 Jan 2009, 3:28 am

It''s weird because Fintasy Fantasy 7 was the game that convinced me to buy a PlayStation 1 way back when. It's like a little bit of history repeating itself.

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 4:00 am

kxmode wrote:
It''s weird because Fintasy Fantasy 7 was the game that convinced me to buy a PlayStation 1 way back when. It's like a little bit of history repeating itself.

Just remember don't judge a book by its cover, this game might look nice but the inside might be nothing but rotting, festering, pus covered sickness. It has been my experience that Square Enix either does an amazing job with their games or they really screw up and make super bad ones (Glares at Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Ring of Fates).

Keirts
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Jan 2009, 4:05 am

I always thought the Fnial Fantasy series were never carbon copies of each other, that's why I like them so much. Aside from X-2, every game is a game in and of itself, and not a sequel to a predecessor. They're always trying new things. The problem is, I think, that they've already tried everything. It's tough to come up with anything new now. I did really enjoy the loot system in 12 though, having played it without a strategy guide and taken the time to figure it all out, it was nicely involving.

Final Fantasy Forever!

--George Carlin

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

24 Jan 2009, 4:12 am

Quote:
rotting, festering, pus covered sickness

8O

I'm going to give Square the benefit of doubt. They usually make really good games. And their FF games tend to be different stories, characters, settings, themes. I'm not sure what you're looking for in a FF game... but I'm sure it's not the Rapture. If you want rapture BioShock is available. ;)

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 6:30 am

Keirts wrote:
I always thought the Fnial Fantasy series were never carbon copies of each other, that's why I like them so much. Aside from X-2, every game is a game in and of itself, and not a sequel to a predecessor. They're always trying new things. The problem is, I think, that they've already tried everything. It's tough to come up with anything new now. I did really enjoy the loot system in 12 though, having played it without a strategy guide and taken the time to figure it all out, it was nicely involving.

Final Fantasy Forever!

Hun you forgot about Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings for the DS it was a sequel as well ya know :mrgreen: Now the characters might be different, the world might be different but at the core of all Final Fantasy game is pretty much the same formula after the first five games it got very dull for me. If 13 doesn't do something new and innovative I don't see a reason to get it no matter how pretty they make it.

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 11:13 am

Well unless you live in Japan, you won't be playing that game til march of next year.

Fidget
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

24 Jan 2009, 2:27 pm

darkstone100 wrote:
Well unless you live in Japan, you won't be playing that game til march of next year.

Which is crazy considering the first screenshots for the game were out before Final Fantasy XII even came out. -_- But, it looks like it will be one hell of a good game, as does FFXIII versus.

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2009, 2:07 am

Fidget wrote:
darkstone100 wrote:

Which is crazy considering the first screenshots for the game were out before Final Fantasy XII even came out. -_- But, it looks like it will be one hell of a good game, as does FFXIII versus.

Well you kinda have the Xbox to blame, since they are releasing the 360 and PS3 versions simultaneously around the world, except in japan it's PS3 exclusive there, since Square Enix isn't going to do the PS3 to Xbox 360 conversion until the ps3 game is released in japan, although japan has always released the FF series in japan first, so maybe the Xbox thing is just an excuse.

NarfMann
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Feb 2009, 7:57 am

I hope it's nothing like the staggering crapfest that was FFXII.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 4:29 pm

Hmm, here I'm hoping it will be more like FFXII than the earlier iterations. The creators are saying its a combination of X and XII.

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2009, 5:50 pm

philosopherBoi wrote:
2.) I am worried about the gameplay will it be a carbon copy of the last zillion Final Fantasy Games or will it do something innovative and spice things up.

I am hoping the gameplay will be like the other games, I have not finished FFXII because of the battle system. All you have to do is set up the gambits right and you don't need to control the characters at all. Famitsu gave this game a perfect score! How lazy are gamers getting when they praise FFXII for the battle system?

CMaximus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Feb 2009, 11:39 pm

Numbers 1 through 10 seemed to all basically follow the same principles of "move--SSCHHWSSSHHH--random battle--select ATTACK--dun duh duh dun-dunn..." with progressively flashier graphics. They were all somewhat different enough to not be identical technically, and the expositions and characters were usually... fairly diverse, but still...

I kinda like that they've been mixing it up a bit, now. FFXII was a nice technical switch-up, imho. And XI is good in a very masochistic kind of way.

NarfMann
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Feb 2009, 3:13 am

I don't play Final Fantasy games for the gameplay, I play them for the plot. The only gameplay prerequisite I have is that it must not suck horribly, which is why I hated FFII and FFVIII (whee, let's make it so that in order to be strong enough to win you have to beat on yourself for hours or draw magic from your enemies at an excruciatingly slow rate!)

My problem with FFXII is that the plot is stupid and the characters are all so boring and whiny. Final Fantasy characters are supposed to be interesting and whiny.

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2009, 6:45 pm

NarfMann wrote:
I don't play Final Fantasy games for the gameplay, I play them for the plot.

me too!