Page 5 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2009, 3:53 am

That test said I'm "Joe Normal".

Sure, I may go through stages where Star Trek is my interest (or another relatively geeky show), but I don't talk about it much or at all, I don't dress up and go to conventions, I don't write fan fiction, and in fact, I prefer the wars and the tools they use far more than any characters (see: the typical like of non-fiction material applied to a fictional universe). I hate school and studying, but I also hate parties and social situations/events. I don't look like a geek/nerd/whatever, and I don't dress like one, even though I have no fashion sense.

Back in school, the geeks/nerds/whatever were just as social as anyone else when they were amongst their group, and they all attended the social functions. Whereas me for example, I wasn't social with anyone, and I didn't go to any social function (I'd rather gnaw my own arm off, seriously).

Mysty
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2009, 11:21 am

AlexGrim wrote:
Where did you acquire those definitions from; or are they arbitrary definitions? As they stand: i would be a nerd ;)

Those definitions come from the quiz posted in the 5th post of the thread.

http://www.helloquizzy.com/tests//resul ... bpoints=16

Don't know where the folks who did the quiz got that. For me, those definitions don't match my uses of the words.

Anniemaniac
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jan 2009, 3:49 pm

Quote:
A nerd is someone who's socially inept because they spend too much time learning everything. A geek is socially inept because they spend too much time learning one thing. A dork has no excuse for his social ineptness. Which one are you?

I'd say I'm either none of the above, or all three, but according to the test on the first page that someone posted I was labelled a "Pure Dork", so I guess I'll go with that.

RoisinDubh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jan 2009, 5:46 pm

I'm mostly a nerd, but I go through lengthy geek phases.

Greyhound
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2009, 5:48 pm

I'd love to be seen as a geek or a nerd...but unfortunately I'm just a simple dork :(

Quote:
Pure Dork

43 % Nerd, 35% Geek, 65% Dork

For The Record:

A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.
A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored better than half in Dork, earning you the title of: Pure Dork. Like our friends Napoleon Dynamite & co.

It's not as though you were some whiz-kid in school. Oh, sure, you probably did okay in some classes, but were probably awful in others. Certainly most people thought you were smarter than you thought yourself to be. And it's not that you have some overriding passion, like computers or Star Trek that sets you apart for the crowd, though you likely share some interest in some of those sorts of things. You just like to be yourself, and want to express yourself for who you are.

And, really, there's nothing wrong with that. Being who you are often invites scorn, and so it's a difficult thing in a world that rewards conformity. Be proud of your dorkiness, for often it's just another word for individuality. (I'd vote for you!)

Congratulations!

:? :(

Dodgy circuitry! Diagnosed: Tourette syndrome. Suspected: auditory processing disorder, synaesthesia. Also: social and organisation problems. Heteroromantic asexual (though still exploring)

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2009, 6:25 pm

According to the "Nerd Geek or Dork Test", I'm "Tri-Lamb Material". Half nerd, half dork. Yay?

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2009, 6:53 pm

As my profile claims... I am a self-proclaimed dork.

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

theQuail
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Jan 2009, 8:42 pm

Hehe. I took the quiz: 92nd percentile in nerdiness, 22nd percentile in geekosity, 100th percentile in dorkiness. Tri-Lamb material!

BreakTheSilence
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jan 2009, 1:06 am

Quote:
Your result for The Nerd? Geek? or Dork? Test ...
Pure Nerd

65 % Nerd, 22% Geek, 22% Dork

I guess it's better than being a dork??

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2009, 3:53 am

im an uber 1337 pwning no0bs

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2009, 4:05 am