Page 4 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

RandomKid
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2009, 8:54 am

Hello Quizzy
Compared to other takers
34/100 You scored 48% on nerdiness, higher than 34% of your peers. .5/100 You scored 9% on geekosity, higher than 5% of your peers. .52/100 You scored 35% on dork points, higher than 52% of your peers. .How everyone did

nerdiness
geekosity
dork points .Recent Results
zenithdavis just scored Pure Geek
lakaka89 just scored Modern, Cool Nerd
urbanbohemian just scored Modern, Cool Nerd
justplainolme4u just scored Joe Normal
searchin85 just scored Pure Geek
Post your results

Your result for The Nerd? Geek? or Dork? Test ...

Joe Normal
48 % Nerd, 9% Geek, 35% Dork

For The Record:

A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.
A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored less than half in all three, earning you the title of: Joe Normal.

This is not to say that you don't have some Nerd, Geek or Dork inside of you--we all do, and you can see the percentages you have right above. This is just to say that none of those qualities stand out so much as to define you. Sure, you enjoy an episode of Star Trek now and again, and yeah, you kinda enjoyed a few classes back in the day. And, once in a while, you stumble while walking down the street even though there was nothing there to cause you to trip. But, for the most part, you look and act fairly typically, and aren't much of an outcast.

I'd say there's a fair chance someone asked you to take this test. In any event, fairly normal.

Prosser
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2009, 9:14 am

...This is just stupid.

Mysty
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2009, 9:59 am

This quiz uses the terms differently than I would.

But, anyway, here's the results it gave me:

Quote:
Pure Nerd
65 % Nerd, 13% Geek, 39% Dork

For The Record:

A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd.

The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendences associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2009, 10:16 am

By that definition I'd be a dork.

But I really think I'm not, seeing how well I do socially and that if anything, people call me psycho. Not dork.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2009, 11:33 am

I was in the other category. I did not care about what anyone did and I was mostly a loner so I lived by my own rules.

Jkid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jan 2009, 1:47 pm

Pure Nerd

74 % Nerd, 17% Geek, 43% Dork

You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd.

The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendences associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful.

Congratulations!

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2009, 2:15 pm

Pure Nerd

74 % Nerd, 39% Geek, 35% Dork

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2009, 2:39 pm

I wish I was less dork and more nerd.

78 % Nerd, 22% Geek, 65% Dork

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

Icheb
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2009, 4:29 pm

Your Score: Pure Dork

47 % Nerd, 43% Geek, 56% Dork

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2009, 5:28 pm

Mainly nerd. But I can be a geek about some subjects.
When I took the quiz it gave me geek I think.

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2009, 5:54 pm

Somewhere between dork and geek - I have strong interests, but only a few at a time. I don't even have the typical geek/nerd interests - not into gaming, Star Trek, sci-fi, etc.

El hombre es una bestia famélica, envidiosa e insaciable. (Francisco Tario)

I'm male by the way (yes, I know my avatar is misleading).

AlexGrim
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Jan 2009, 11:05 pm

Where did you acquire those definitions from; or are they arbitrary definitions? As they stand: i would be a nerd ;)

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2009, 11:11 pm

Ana54 wrote:
A nerd is someone who's socially inept because they spend too much time learning everything. A geek is socially inept because they spend too much time learning one thing. A dork has no excuse for his social ineptness. Which one are you?

I'm a geek. My interests are Auschwitz, the Judge Rotenberg Center, school shootings, morgues and mortuaries, disasters, and autism. And probably a few more things. :)

Actually, a geek is someone who is into/works with computers and/or has an obsessive interest in sci-fi/fantasy/anime/roleplaying/anarchronism/mony-python/etc. Many geeks are NOT socially inept, Ive met ones that are quite extroverted and outgoing. They do have a particular style of social interaction which many people regard as being very juvenile and are known for immature tastes. I am a nerd in the sense that I am an left-brained introvert who is studious but socially inept. I am totally NOT a geek.

AlexGrim
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Jan 2009, 11:59 pm

Ana54 wrote:
I'm a geek. My interests are Auschwitz, the Judge Rotenberg Center, school shootings, morgues and mortuaries, disasters, and autism. And probably a few more things. :)

Hmm. Are you single?

Actually, i am joking; i'm way too old to be serious. People your age are always interested in stuff like that; as you get older, you will either:
a) grow out of it
b) you will become more infatuated with it, and more childish about it, as many people your age think that those things are "cool", or "hip"; or
c) you really will be f*cked in the head, like i am, and you will posses the potential to be the next mass murderer, who is just waiting for a catalyst...

ForsakenEagle
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Jan 2009, 12:14 am

Geek.

Many interests that do not involve other people.

Abstract_Logic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2009, 12:19 am

I am a nerd. I took that test and scored Tri-Lamb Material.