What is your Biggest and greatest fear?

Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

D-R-J
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Dec 2005, 1:37 am

What is your biggest fear?

Mine is that I will become one of the things that I hate, An NT.

Or Things smaller than 1 Square Foot that are Brown, And Black, And Dark Green.

And You........

:) :)

Douglas Adams

rpm2004
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2005, 1:45 am

I hate bugs,i think it's because I am allergic to fire-ants and when I was three I knealt in an ant pile and had to be rushed to the hospital...I was all puffy from the bites.Ever since then,any bug that happens to crawl on me will suffer my terrified,whiny WRATH

KateSmith
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Dec 2005, 1:55 am

I am sorry to say is my biggest fear in my life has already come true. Maybe if I went back in time like 12 yrs ago I would have chosen another route, but the other route I was also heading down the wrong direction. Basically I have a mean husband that I am kind of stuck with, and I hate it when he treats me mean at times. What even is a bigger fear is to see I have a great child that I am proud of, he puts his own kids down. He puts everyone down, and basically he is a dad that treats my 11 yr old son Junior very mean. I think Junior is a kid that lives in fear. God forbid if he gets distracted from the show and the 3 yr old or the 11 yr old makes too much noise, they will get spankings, which makes me feel even worse. To me it seems like he makes his kids feel bad, and he talks to us as if we were dirt. It does not make me or Junior feel good. Things are uptight around here, and it seems like there will never be peace. I am just so very scared , unfortunately my biggest fear in my life came true. I tried making it on my own in the past and leaving and things like that but I failed. I am trying to hold it all together.

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2005, 2:04 am

My biggest fear is that I will ammount to nothing in life, and that I will spend the rest of my life living without purpose on some government social service. Not only would that completely eliminate what very little fear of death that I have left, but it would make death look very inviting in comparison.

rpm2004
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2005, 2:08 am

Sean wrote:
My biggest fear is that I will ammount to nothing in life, and that I will spend the rest of my life living without purpose on some government social service. Not only would that completely eliminate what very little fear of death that I have left, but it would make death look very inviting in comparison.
That is my greatest goal :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2005, 6:51 am

1. - hurting someone else unintensionally, usually with words.
2. - any flying insect which MAY have a stinger. my policy is to panic first and find out it is lint later.
3. scary stories, first book, page 30. proof that the minds defense mechanisms in blocking bad memories - works.

Crion87
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Dec 2005, 7:53 am

One of my greatest fears is...well...to end up in a long-term relationship with an Australian female, more specifically, one that fits the common stereotype of such or is similar to my mother - i.e. most of the local girls here, and in other places for that matter in Australia... :skull: 8O

Another one of my greatest fears is spiders. I hate them. :evil:

Ladysmokeater
Veteran
Veteran

Location: North of Atlanta, South of Boston, East of the Mississippi, and West of the Atlantic

17 Dec 2005, 8:05 am

Spiders.

And, ironcally enough, being alone for the rest of my life....

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2005, 11:21 am

Phobia: Anything with more than four legs.
Geniune fears: That I'll wind up really, really hurting somone else or myself someday, that I'll lose it and become homeless, that someone I love will die, that I'll gain weight like there;s no tomorrow. Stuff like that.

Lurker_Extraordinaire
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Dec 2005, 11:38 am

Imprisionment.....I'd do everything possible to kill myself before I'd go.
Being severely injured and loosing my ability to care for myself. (oddly enough I love ridding motorcycles which greatly increases the chances of that happening)

Generaly speaking,..... a loss of freedom, independence or mobility.
What an absolute nightmare.

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2005, 12:33 pm

When i was taking the "disgust" test, i was looking at the first one, a hornet, and i was sitting there KNOWING that the answer should be 1, but im thinking about touching it and i have such a strong phobia against stinging insects, that i had to pick 5.

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2005, 12:46 pm

....That I will never be able to hold a job and end up homeless and out on the street and even if I do have a job, I won't be able to save enough for retirement and be unable to pay for even the basics.

....That I'll do or say something that will make me lose my job. (This has happened, already in spite of my best efforts.) :cry:

strapshoechris
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Dec 2005, 6:31 pm

I think anybody's gratest fear should be having their body outlive their brain, ala Terry Schiavo...That's why I have a strict Living Will and Advance Directives stating that I can NEVER be put on a ventilator or any type of life support (unless they're gonna harvest my organs for somebody else, then it's temporary). I encourage others to do the same. Nobody should be allowed to exist in a persistive vegatative state. I also have a clause in my Living Will stating I can be euthanised in case of Alzheimers' or other permanently dementing diagnosis and such a procedure is allowed by law. Fortunatly that sort of stuff does not run on either side of my family, nor does old age, actually.

Rach
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Dec 2005, 6:56 pm

i am highly self destructive...so i suppose im scared of blowing all the chances that may come my way, in the shape of friends, lovers etc
I also hate small spaces so waking up in a coffin is a seriously scary one for me..nightmares.com!!

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2005, 7:01 pm

- Having an unhappy and unsatisfying life.
- Bugs, but mostly spiders and cockroaches.
- Roller coasters.

strapshoechris
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Dec 2005, 7:40 pm

I hate roller coasters also, as well as anything else that causes an "adrenaline rush". Such experiences I find physically painful as well as mentally. I also stay clear of power tools and industrial machinery. Heck, I even refuse to watch action-adventure movies (with the exception of martial arts).