What is your Biggest and greatest fear?

Page 2 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2005, 11:08 am

That I will be all alone and no one will love me anymore...

-SpaceCase :(

Zephistage
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Dec 2005, 6:14 pm

Phobia: Male genitalia, pregnancy, scorpions, hospitals, corpses, or signs of pestilence, crying babies.

Genuine fears: Going blind, losing the use of my hands, becoming trapped in any state.

SolaCatella
Veteran
Veteran

Location: [insert creative, funny declaration of location here]

26 Dec 2005, 10:49 pm

I'm deathly afraid of being 'trapped.'

Out of curiosity, why do you hate NTs?

GalileoAce
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2005, 10:30 am

I fear fear itself...

Pfft, what a cliche...

I really don't have much in the way of fears, I used to have a fear of heights, but it's very irrational and I work passed it.

I fear a lack of life...If that makes sense... (I'm meaning my life btw, and I don't nessecarily mean death)

Kiss_my_AS
Toucan
Toucan

27 Dec 2005, 5:19 pm

That the greatest enemies of mankind (besides mother nature and humankind themselves) arise to such a great level, that there is no prospect of a secure life anymore. This not only concerns rats and cockroaches, but especially the rise of viruses who'll also kill themselves eventually but not before possible hosts have tasted that fate.
It's one of the reasons why I want to pursue (sp?) my life in genetics. Not that I think that I could stop the viruses someday, but I could contribute in the battle for a healthier life. And even if I don't manage to do that, I know I've tried my best to do so. That's K_M_A's guilty conscience for ya.

Beau
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2005, 1:20 am

Worst fear: I will get into a car accident and kill a family member/stranger. I know that the guilt will tear me up inside. Even if the accident wasn't my fault, I could never forgive myself for taking someone's life away.

Another fear of mine is that I will put work before family.

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2005, 2:34 am

KateSmith wrote:
I am sorry to say is my biggest fear in my life has already come true. ...I am just so very scared , unfortunately my biggest fear in my life came true. I tried making it on my own in the past and leaving and things like that but I failed. I am trying to hold it all together.

Is everything okay? It is VERY hard raising little kids and not having a supportive spouse. I wish you the best.
-Lissa

quietangel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Dec 2005, 3:25 pm

My biggest fear is ending up alone for the rest of my life... sadly ironic.
The fears I battle daily are..: putting my foot in a slipper or shoe and being bit by a spider...
going to bed and the door is unlocked, swimming in the ocean. that something is going to come up and grab me or bite me. Going over tall bridges. Having cancer is a biggie, my grandma died from it and my other is a survivor..

Bo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Dec 2005, 2:34 pm

I fear having such distraction, as might come from actual satisfaction in life, that I can no longer devote sufficient attention to work. Work is the prime mover; it is the source, and all else is a load and a sink, since I've no independent wealth. Management, of course, could make things worse, which seems to be their habit, but the greater danger is my own folly. I should not be browsing during business hours, for example; I should be poring over the latest file.

I do not worry much about being forever alone; I've become used to it. At age 43, moreover, I begin to look forward to age taking me even further from my male peak at 18, to where togetherness looks like a quaint but avoidable option. Did not Schopenhauer or someone like that indicate that marriage is "twice the resposibilities and half the rights"?

So long as the work gets done, then all is right. I should not like to think of having to look for another job; I was really bad at that as a recent college grad.

Bland
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2006, 12:39 am

Bland-My biggest fear right now is NOMAKEN's avatar! That thing really grosses me out. I literally feel sick when I see it on my screen!! Please, please change it. Any support out there for Changing NOMAKEN's Avatar?

QuirkyCarla
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2006, 12:53 am

That I won't find a job after college, be very poor, and always be alone. :(

Funaho
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jan 2006, 1:39 am

I fear that life is always going to be this lonely, empty and meaningless. The first 32 years certainly haven't been very good.

Naman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jan 2006, 4:40 am

Heh. Mine is, not surprisingly, the same as many others, that being the fear of dying alone. I don't want to end my life sad and lonely like I am now.

Second biggest fear... losing control of my mind to the point where I'd be like someone watching as someone else controls what I do and say.

MindOfOrderedChaos
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2006, 10:07 am

:skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull:

Last edited by MindOfOrderedChaos on 06 Jan 2006, 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

MindOfOrderedChaos
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2006, 10:08 am

DEATH!! !

grayson
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Jan 2006, 11:01 am

That the Powers That Be, the government or some other authority, will decide that I am not sane, or not well, or dangerous, and lock me up in some way or other: mental hospital or prison or similar.

Not that that seems likely to happen, but it's been a fear all my life, since I was little. Possibly a combination of too many movies and the realization that I was not like other people and sometimes they didn't like that. Bullying. Wow -- maybe that's it: all the bullying by kids who were able to make my life miserable just because they thought I should behave differently.