Page 6 of 7 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Do you think that some people actually deserve to be bullied?
Yes 9%  9%  [ 32 ]
Yes 9%  9%  [ 32 ]
Maybe 4%  4%  [ 15 ]
Maybe 4%  4%  [ 15 ]
No 25%  25%  [ 87 ]
No 25%  25%  [ 87 ]
Judging from your examples, yes. 4%  4%  [ 15 ]
Judging from your examples, yes. 4%  4%  [ 15 ]
You're being unfair to the people in your examples 7%  7%  [ 23 ]
You're being unfair to the people in your examples 7%  7%  [ 23 ]
Total votes : 344

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 2:25 pm

Nobody deserves to be bullied.

Zaswe12
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Jan 2013, 10:19 pm

I think people should get bullied, it teaches them that you don't get to walk through life with everything you want.

EmoGlambertAspie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 2:35 am

Yes.

There was a delusional obese boy at my school who thought he was sexy. Here's where it gets bad: He spread rumors about girls saying they were dating, didn't take no for an answer and sexually assaulted girls several times (not rape, but grabbing their breasts, etc.). He once pinned me against the window of the school bus and ground into me from behind until the driver heard me yelling.

Zaswe12
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Jan 2013, 3:40 am

EmoGlambertAspie wrote:
Yes.

There was a delusional obese boy at my school who thought he was sexy. Here's where it gets bad: He spread rumors about girls saying they were dating, didn't take no for an answer and sexually assaulted girls several times (not rape, but grabbing their breasts, etc.). He once pinned me against the window of the school bus and ground into me from behind until the driver heard me yelling.
Did somebody say "future rapist"? Because, that's what I heard.

DrHouseHasAspergers
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Jan 2013, 12:41 am

What bullies say about people reflects more on them than it does the person they're bullying.

coffee_converter
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Apr 2013, 7:14 pm

"...No I just don't like a bully, don't care where he's from." -Captain 'Merica
Yes these people are jerks, but being a bully would be sinking to their level, and then they'll just beat you with experience.

Smicry99
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Apr 2013, 7:34 pm

...I now nominate myself to be the one to deserve it all.

Violetvee
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Apr 2013, 2:31 pm

No one deserves to be bullied, no matter what their actions are. Perhaps reprimanded, chastised, and/or corrected, but never bullied. I was bullied in elementary and middle school, and there was nothing that I did that justified it. You may need to do some research on what bullying is, what kind of people are targeted, and why people get bullied in the first place.

In your first example, the guy just sounds like your stereotypical douche that can easily be ignored, since it seems to me that he was probably joking most of the time and whatever friends he had understood that, but you apparently didn't.

Your second example sounds like a person who would get targeted by bullies anyways, but at the same time sounds like he didn't have an ideal home life and that there was some major financial trouble. He probably got his clothes from somewhere like the Salvation Army or something if his pants were often too big and he didn't usually wear underpants.

You are honestly being very unfair to the people in your examples, and I honestly hope you aren't anything like that IRL.

dinetahrisingsun
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Apr 2013, 10:05 pm

No. bullying, despite how annoying these ppl are, never helps. it does nothing to help improve their behaviors, only lowers their self esteem more and gives them aweful memories they have to make peace with down the road or be haunted by them endlessly. let me relate your exames to two kids i knew, one from middleschool and one who was in high school, i had graduated but knew his family and him.

i knew a really sweet hfa boy who was in highschool. he came from a lower income background and was a really charming extroverted kid who lovef vacuum cleaners. he was surrounded by siblings, neighbors , and music that made explicit references to drugs,ect. and swearing. he had trouble not making these references because he heard them every day at home. he never meant any harm. just trying to be "cool" and fit and if you reminded him a word or remake was bad he would always appologize. i would hate it if anyone ever bullied that sweet kid.

the second case you describe is definately more annoying to me. but its not entirely that persons fault if they are unable of understanding hygiene and which clothes fit then if they come to school like that i blame the parents for being so neglectful and the teachers for not reporting it to the parents. bullying won't make them wear deodorant . a comment about it might though. the boy i knew in middleschool who was like that sat in front of me and it drove me crazy. one day two other kids told him it was gross and he needed to grow up and take responsibility for himself. they were rude and it made him cry when they said "is it any wonder why no one likes you?" Yes, it was harsh but you know what? he started showering and wearing deodorant more often after that. it wasn't bullying . it was criticism that addressefd them problem. they could have been more tactful, but my point it aimless bullying makes these ppl worse so why do it? Constructive criticism or a helpful suggestion would be much better.

dinetahrisingsun
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Apr 2013, 10:12 pm

No. bullying, despite how annoying these ppl are, never helps. it does nothing to help improve their behaviors, only lowers their self esteem more and gives them aweful memories they have to make peace with down the road or be haunted by them endlessly. let me relate your exames to two kids i knew, one from middleschool and one who was in high school, i had graduated but knew his family and him.

i knew a really sweet hfa boy who was in highschool. he came from a lower income background and was a really charming extroverted kid who lovef vacuum cleaners. he was surrounded by siblings, neighbors , and music that made explicit references to drugs,ect. and swearing. he had trouble not making these references because he heard them every day at home. he never meant any harm. just trying to be "cool" and fit and if you reminded him a word or remake was bad he would always appologize. i would hate it if anyone ever bullied that sweet kid.

the second case you describe is definately more annoying to me. but its not entirely that persons fault if they are unable of understanding hygiene and which clothes fit then if they come to school like that i blame the parents for being so neglectful and the teachers for not reporting it to the parents. bullying won't make them wear deodorant . a comment about it might though. the boy i knew in middleschool who was like that sat in front of me and it drove me crazy. one day two other kids told him it was gross and he needed to grow up and take responsibility for himself. they were rude and it made him cry when they said "is it any wonder why no one likes you?" Yes, it was harsh but you know what? he started showering and wearing deodorant more often after that. it wasn't bullying . it was criticism that addressefd them problem. they could have been more tactful, but my point it aimless bullying makes these ppl worse so why do it? Constructive criticism or a helpful suggestion would be much better.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2013, 10:02 pm

I’m extremely surprised noöne’s said what usually pops up shortly after a discussion about bullying begins elsewhere: “Those who can’t stand up for themselves deserve to be bullied”.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

03 May 2013, 9:12 am

^ You don't actually believe that, do you?

I'm against bullying, even if I believe someone deserves it.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2013, 10:19 am

It really means very little to me. I suppose, if taken literally, then no effort whatsoever should be done to stop bullying other than by those being bullied, and if the bullies are twice your size, or have actually had a chance to become proficient at combat while you haven’t, well, you’re screwed and you deserve your fate. I don’t really like this view, but it seems very common and sort of to be expected from natural selection, since strong and successful people should have no problem with it anyway.

After all, you’ll be judged by your results, no matter what opportunities or lack thereof you’ve had. Better get used to it as soon as possible.

MoonGateClimber
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 May 2013, 5:52 pm

I don't think anyone deserves to be bullied. TV and video games glorify violence, so it’s unrealistic to expect that this wouldn’t influence some kids and they’d seek power through the use of violence in their own lives. Also, families that are not loving and supportive can have kids who are victims of bullying at home and they become bullies in school.
There are bullies of various degrees in my school, I know who they are, and my defense is to try and be unnoticed by them. Because teachers and administrators are no help, they always seem to deny its existence until it’s too late.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 6:45 pm

Larval wrote:

Being bullied won't make kids change simply because they don't know how. They won't be able to figure out what they should stop doing to end the bullying. It's not a very effective method.

When I was in school I had a school counselor say that it was my fault that the other kids treated me the way they did because of the way I acted. I never knew what I did wrong and even if I did I didn't know how to act or be any other way.

Sedentarian
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2013, 4:52 pm

Nobody deserves to be bullied.