Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2009, 11:01 am

It's a motorola razr and I want to upload some pics and some tunes to it. I have the cable and everything but my computer doesn't seem to recognize it's connected and when I right-click on a picture or a 30 second song, there's no "send to" option to send it to the cell phone.

I downloaded the driver from motorola and everything but it's still not working.

thanks in advance for your help!

02 Feb 2009, 1:15 pm

I have the nokia 5300 phone and when i load music to it i connect it to my pc using a usb cable, the same one i use when i upload photos from my digital camera. For me, when i connect my phone the computer recognizes it as the F drive and I can drag files to it.

Pikachu
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2009, 2:11 pm

a solution is to purchase a bluetooth adaptor for your computer... no phone specific drivers needed, just install the software supplied with the bluetooth adaptor and send what you want to the phone

Allegedly away with the fairies for 6-7 years

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2009, 4:11 pm

my computer seems to recognize it as a modem:

"Motorola USB modem"

CowboyFromHell
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2009, 12:20 am

I'm assuming that you have the fairly new RAZR 2? Which model is it? There are three versions, the V8 and the higher two, (V9 and V9m) have Micro SD memory card slots, which make it a helluva lot easier when you put it into your computer's .

If not... damn. I have trouble with those phones too. I've had two RAZRs (original V3 and the V3t), even the one with the memory card slot with the card in it was never recognized. So now when I buy a phone I prefer that it has the card slot. Now I own a Nokia 5310, the "Xpress Music" phone, although I am a big RAZR fan and can't afford a V9.

Dokken
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2009, 1:12 am

digger1 wrote:
It's a motorola razr and I want to upload some pics and some tunes to it. I have the cable and everything but my computer doesn't seem to recognize it's connected and when I right-click on a picture or a 30 second song, there's no "send to" option to send it to the cell phone.

I downloaded the driver from motorola and everything but it's still not working.

thanks in advance for your help!

You need to install a program onto your computer called Motorola Phone Tools. I don't think the software is free