Page 21 of 21 [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21

Epimonandas
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2006, 10:42 pm

jimmy wrote:
How capatilistic or conservative your nation is, is up to your voters. In the opinion of most of Europe the US is too right-wing but then that is all a matter of opinion and im more concerned with keeping voting against the conservative party here in Britain.

granted the U.S. has a tendency to act like a pendulum, swinging from leftist, democratic, liberal, TO Republican, conservative, right, every few years, but never to the most extreme, most of america are a crossover combo, or moderate, with aspects from both democrats and republicans. We generally vote for the lesser of two evils, if the parties ever offer truly outstanding candidates, it would then be a more supportive of the candidate or candidates vote. Kerry, whether smarter than, Bush, did not matter, one of the worst traits any leader can have, is being wishy washy. Like his mind and decisions change with the wind, that was Kerry. Kerry, honestly, was even worse than Gore, i would voted for Gore, long before the indecisive constantly changing his mind, Kerry. Yuan Shao, is a perfect example of a wishy washy leader, and for that, his state crumbled to more balanced powers.

I did not like Gore, cause he was too closely associated with the corruption and criminal behavior of Clinton, i did not vote for Bush that election either. I did get bother by Democrats making the first moves to bring the conflict to court though, and it was misstated on left leaning news stations, well all of them, but on the left ones first and they were the last to change their tune. (Before some of you say it, granted it may or may not have been the part itself going to court first, but the democratic people that did it, certainly had party support.) Being a third party voter in that election, i supported Bush over Gore, cause the the news called the state of Florida for Gore, with guess what, a whopping 0% of all precincts reporting. My that is an amazing clairvoyant ability, NOT, since they got it wrong. By shere coincidence it was only like 3 mostly Democratic counties that claimed to have the problem. The whole thing became a running "chad" joke. Im all for fair voting and all, but the Democratic party or their supporters, jumped the gun, at least twice, with the false news report and then with the court action first.

Neuroman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2006, 11:44 am

RobertN wrote:
Well, I never go into the chat, so I don't know what happened.

If I were you, I would get used to it, and get used to it fast. I belong to a UK aspie forum as well, and we don't let Americans on because we hate them so much. The feeling is pretty universal outside America.

In the 80's and even 90's most people respected America, but now we are so fed up of you lot dictating to the rest of the world how we should do things. Fine, you can run your country how you like, but stop telling us Europeans that our "social model" is crap and that we should embrace your neo-liberal style capitalism, because we ain't going to buy it. We just get pissed off.

fascinating.
i am not a political person.
i was born in the u.s.
i do not believe in what the majority of u.s. folks believe in.
i don't say american because i don't think canadians would like to be lumped in with us.
what fascinates me is that people don't seem to realize the nature of hate.
hatred is the same as love: a powerful subjective attachment to an object (understanding that people and nations can be objects).
perhaps this question belongs in another forum.
why do anti-american sentiment people want the attachment to u.s.? this makes no sense? especially it makes less when i see how u.s. values are so clearly derived from european. it makes me think about code-talkers in the world war. navajo and japanese were related. speaking navajo, the japanese could not break the code because it was too close.

if you are going through hell, keep going.
Winston Churchill

SB2
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2006, 5:48 pm

translated into simple-ese.
yoor statements are your own finger pointed back at you.

i think.

Hyperman
Raven
Raven

19 Jan 2006, 9:44 pm

SB2 wrote:
translated into simple-ese.
yoor statements are your own finger pointed back at you.

i think.

trolling=tag!
You're it!

this is a philosophical statement:

I am lying.