Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

BoringAl
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Feb 2009, 11:53 am

Mindovermatter wrote:
Whoever said I'm an NT? I may not be aspie but I sure as hell am not an NT. People on this site make everyone here look bad. You guys don't think people can read what you post or what? 90% of you people talk about NT's like they are the devil. When in reality they serve your food, cure your illnesseses, etc...

I've noticed this too but I think it is similar to when women talk about how horrible men are when they have a husband or boyfriend and clearly don't hate men in reality.

If you look most serious posturing comes from a relatively small number of posters who are very vocal. Most people I'm sure are very aware that they are dependant on NT society to support them.

Kangoogle
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2009, 12:00 pm

I thought our no 1 problem was apathy...

Mage
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2009, 12:00 pm

#1 Flaw in Mindovermatter: He thinks his experience is the only one autistic people are capable of, and we all must be flawed in the exact same way he is.

Emor
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Feb 2009, 12:11 pm

Mage wrote:
#1 Flaw in Mindovermatter: He thinks his experience is the only one autistic people are capable of, and we all must be flawed in the exact same way he is.

Totally.
Personally, I think that when NTs treat Aspies(GENERALLY) like complete crap, we're obviously going to despise them.
That's how it works for me anyway, IDK about everyone else.
EMZ=]

Anemone
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2009, 12:52 pm

I just finished reading a book by Ben Nugent called American Nerd (that deserves its own thread, if there isn't one already). He talks about how when he was a kid he was really bad at sports, so he became a nerd, the D&D type. And he decided that nerds were smarter than jocks - an attitude the jocks understandably didn't like. I think it's a common defense mechanism.

But what I've seen here in the almost a year that I've been here is that most autistic people are "NT" when it comes to intelligence and personality. So odds are whatever you're saying about them, they're probably saying about you, too. It's just talk.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2009, 1:08 pm

RoisinDubh wrote:
Of course, this could just be me overusing my rusty old psych degree.... :roll:

What's wrong with a psych degree?

thewildeman2
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Feb 2009, 1:25 pm

I think this thread shows just how varied points of view can really be. I think the title starts to confuse the message and then we all start to wonder what the purpose of your message was. I would really like to know where on the dart board you were aiming at.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2009, 1:42 pm

thewildeman2 wrote:
I think this thread shows just how varied points of view can really be. I think the title starts to confuse the message and then we all start to wonder what the purpose of your message was. I would really like to know where on the dart board you were aiming at.

I am still confused to the point of this thread.

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2009, 2:22 pm

We aren't "flawed".
Flaw is a a soul destroying way to look at things.

No one is perfect, but must good people be "flawed"? Why not imperfect?

DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2009, 2:41 pm

Mindovermatter wrote:
When we think everyone else is stupid(this is common). What you don't understand is everyone is stupid, nobody knows everything, and you can learn from just about everyone you meet. Whether it be by their mistakes or something they make you realize.

I don't think this at all.