Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

DustinWX
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Feb 2009, 1:30 am

So my "friends" here at school tend to try to give me social skills training and s**t, like for example correcting the way I walk, and act, esp when it comes to girls. What do you guys think on this? Would you tolerate it?

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2009, 2:31 am

I don't know, it sounds like they are genuinely trying to help, or they wouldn't even bother. Maybe you ought to think about applying what they are telling you? I cannot know what you are thinking, so, the decision is totally yours to make. Do you want to change? Do you want to be more popular? It depends on what you want. :?:

I personally, would listen to what they have to say. Then, use whatever info that I think would be useful to me. :)

If you're not interested at all,and feel like they are mocking/teasing you, I would ditch them and find new friends. :thumbdown:

Those who know, don't speak.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2009, 5:33 pm

Excellent advice. So much so it killed the thread, because who can surpass it. :)

COMEDWNNOWtheyllsay
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Feb 2009, 6:54 pm

i don't quite know what to say to this reply exactly but no offense here. it really can be more than a bit insulting to have people your age manipulate you...even though that wasn't exactly the case for me in high school and, if your case is still in college, which i doubt, didn't quite happen for me. my situation (in high school, i'm saying) was more like they poked fun and did the normal bullying routine of mimicking my gait, putting me in embarrassing situations and when it came to anything close to your situation, it was just the girls telling me 'to socialize more.'

okayy...eh...now you can tell that i am definitely female and this is a girl's perspective but let's see here. what i CAN say is if you haven't searched hard enough you need to politely (if possible) ditch those other friends or at least slowly discommunicate them, if that made sense, and find someone who doesn't give a damn if he's accepted or not, who accepts other people in a way that you can tell straight out. maybe he's not a grunge punk or a goth or a nerd, screw all those labels, but people with that mentality who believe that liberating yourself in creativity, studying hard, working at the library or volunteering--have anything with a passion that has not a THING to do with cutting up and pushing the girl-getting concept and cracking jokes all day....hey, you may end up finding a mentor or, if you've been wanting one, find a decent girl...for a friend. a true friend. screw the girlfriend concept. girl or boy, you need a REAL FRIEND.

hope this helps.
:wink:

--c to tha z chellzzzzzzzzz