Odd food or food-combos that you actually like?

Page 6 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 1:28 am

Mustard on basically everything especially fried chicken, grilled cheese, and steaks.

TUF
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 5:27 am

Honey with basically anything but...

Honey and roast potatoes has become a default in our house.

It started when we had honey roasted parsnips and some of the honey got on the potatoes.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 10:31 am

Scrambled eggs with some sort of meat (roast beef, ham, salami, olive loaf)

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 4:25 pm

I like Hawaiian-style pizza (which was actually created in Canada). I don't get why pineapple gets so much more hate than anchovies do. Anchovies are...FISH! Smelly, salty, oily FISH on a pizza? You have got to be kidding me. :eew:

I don't think any of the restaurants where I live ever put anchovies on their pizza. Is it more of an American thing?

Wisteria_Moon
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Feb 2020, 1:05 am

Peanut butter (natural only), sriracha and green onion sandwich.

Eimaj98
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Feb 2020, 11:47 am

I put ketchup on pizza, a lot of people say I'm weird for doing so!

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2020, 2:59 pm

Eimaj98 wrote:
I put ketchup on pizza, a lot of people say I'm weird for doing so!

I think it's delicious! Same with ketchup-cheese sandwiches.

Also tea-chocolate.

SportsGamer35728
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Feb 2020, 3:14 pm

Ketchup and pretzels, buttered toast or bagels with ranch, and regular/kettle cooked potato chips dipped in Walmart brand Dunkaroo icing :tongue:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2020, 10:49 pm

Normally one thinks of peanut butter as going with sweet cakey things. Peanut butter and jelly on a sandwich. Maybe chocolate flavor peanut butter on the same sandwhich,with some Nutella tossed in. Or those wafer bars that are mix of peanut butter and chocolate. Or Reeses candy bars. Peanut butter with chocolate is always a winning combo.

But if you think out of the box - and think of peanut butter as a meat substitute then sugar free peanut butter (but not necessarily salt-free) might be great mixed with rice and veggies in an Asian wok style dinner.

Never actually eaten that but it feels right in the palette of my imagination. Might try cooking it some time.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2020, 11:11 pm

i would LOVE to be able to sample a scottish smoked salmon and caper pizza. :chef: i routinely mix dark chocolate and butter, with smooth creamy PB, that is food for the gods. i like smoked salmon dipped in a mixture of mayo and teriyaki paste. dark chocolate and PB malted milk shakes :chef: i also like smoked salmon dipped in sharp cheddar fondue cheese. okonomiyaki [a japanese pizza with pan-browned seaweed on it painted with soy sauce. chocolate cream cheese on a bed of baked buttered crushed graham crackers, topped with cherry pie filling and whipped cream drizzled with dark chocolate.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2020, 1:01 am

Wow...that all ranges from the "too strange for me" to the "strange but sounds awesome". Will hafta try me some Japanese seaweed pizza sometime.

Actually ...do they have actual pizza in Japan? They don't use cheese much in any east Asian cuisine. real pizza has to have cheese on it. East Asian people tend to loose their lactose tolerance by adulthood so that's why you don't see cheese dishes on the menus of Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, Korean, or Japanese, restaurants. They just didn't evolve a diary industry in the far east because the adults there cannot digest milk. I looked it up on the web once. The closest place to China I could find with a traditional cheese dish was Tibet (yak cheese).

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2020, 10:35 pm

Eggs and Shreddies scrambled together in the same pan.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2021, 1:54 pm

Pizza and fry sauce.