best and worst teacher or professor

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Emor
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Feb 2009, 3:40 pm

Worst teacher: Most likely my teacher for Year 6. He made it very clear he hated me, and was the most bias teacher I've ever came across. When he thought I'd done something wrong, rather than just shouting at me in private, he'd get up and then go on and on about what I'd done wrong, but just say someone. It was obvious it was me because everyone was staring at me. He also talked about pupils to the whole class behind their backs, like with another Aspie in the school he was going on about how he gets angry and then he actually got the whole class to do a vote about if they think he's improved, WTF!? Another time he confirmed to a pupil he liked that there was a relationship going on between the head teacher and Year 1 teacher(I'm being deadly serious, the head teacher was sleeping with the Year 1 teacher, and eventually got fired because it's a Catholic school and the bible frowns upon that...). Another time I was 3 minutes late(wtf?) and he sent two boys to the office for being late, and they had been 3 minutes late for the last week or so, and then he said, 'Do you want to go?' and I said, 'Yeah, okay' and he obviously knew he was being irrational and unfair, so he basically blocked me from the door(wtf...?).
Another teacher who had a clear grudge against me was an English teacher who taught me for around 3 months, but I won't go into her. She wasn't as bad as my Year 6 teacher.
Best teacher: I don't really have one, I don't like to see teachers as friends...
EMZ=].

Amik
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 5:00 pm

My best teacher was probably the one who taught world history and Latin in college. I used to hate history, but he managed to make it seem interesting, just by teaching it in an interesting, fun way. I could actually remember the stuff he told us in class, which had never happened before with history lessons. He was also very understanding and fair and when he saw that students were really trying hard, making an effort and paying attention, he was ready to make reasonable accommodations for them when necessary, but he didn't give anyone a free pass.

My worst teacher must have been my elementary school physical education teacher. I have physical disabilities and there were certain things I couldn't do. She sometimes yelled at me about how she was sick and tired of me not being able to do the same things as the rest of the kids and how she was fed up with having to make accommodations for me. She repeatedly humiliated me in front of the class and she treated me as if I was just a lazy and whiny kid for not just snapping out of my disabilities.

Emor
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Feb 2009, 5:50 pm

Amik wrote:
My best teacher was probably the one who taught world history and Latin in college. I used to hate history, but he managed to make it seem interesting, just by teaching it in an interesting, fun way. I could actually remember the stuff he told us in class, which had never happened before with history lessons. He was also very understanding and fair and when he saw that students were really trying hard, making an effort and paying attention, he was ready to make reasonable accommodations for them when necessary, but he didn't give anyone a free pass.

My worst teacher must have been my elementary school physical education teacher. I have physical disabilities and there were certain things I couldn't do. She sometimes yelled at me about how she was sick and tired of me not being able to do the same things as the rest of the kids and how she was fed up with having to make accommodations for me. She repeatedly humiliated me in front of the class and she treated me as if I was just a lazy and whiny kid for not just snapping out of my disabilities.

I got something somewhat similar with my PE teacher I had last year. She'd make me demonstrate extremely simple exercises to try and make me feel like I fitted in(which I didn't) and would regularly patronize me due to my poor co-ordinational skills. She treated me like a 5 year old, to be honest. Granted, they are very different, but at times I would have preferred she had bashed me rather than try and help me(it's ineffable how many people try to, or atleast claim to try and 'help' me in PE like I ask for it or something...).
EMZ.

User1
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Feb 2009, 12:00 pm

Best: My History Teacher - We watched current events every friday, and we got to play Assassin's Creed once

Worst:So many...I don't know where to start