Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

kalantir
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2009, 1:11 pm

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums ... _id=523640

I posted a thread titled Asperger's. All I did was post a simple question and I was met with criticism and personal attacks from a mod! When I made a post to defend myself, my warning level was raised and I received a pm from a (different)mod telling me that if I don't "cool down" I'll be suspended. I feel like the victim. Can someone else give me their opinion? I wont be angry if you tell me that I did something wrong. But just explain

EDIT: I realize I did kind of overreact with my last couple posts... but I dont feel that my posts were completely without justification

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2009, 1:18 pm

Wow, you were quite aggressive there! If you think people are not on your wavelength, just let it slide.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2009, 1:19 pm

I beleive that the one poster near the end there did make an insulting comment that was uncalled for. But I wouldn't say that your reaction was justified either. Calling him an ass and all that. People on the internet are jerks and say things just to provoke others. It's best not to respond in kind. Since you were the one becoming agitated, that's why you were singled out. Not that the guy who provoked you was right either.. he was just a jerk looking to piss you off. And he succeeded. Get it?

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2009, 1:21 pm

No, I'm on the OPs side. They weren't even answering your original question, and one of them most certainly WAS being an ass.

y es como un semestre"

Detren
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Feb 2009, 1:23 pm

Looks like dude only half read your post, and then surmised the rest of it. Your response most likely should have been to another mod via pm for assistance but I don't believe you are deserving a warning here until the last post UNLESS it is part of a discussion on a recently closed topic.

kaytie
Toucan
Toucan

06 Feb 2009, 1:24 pm

oftentimes our actions though non malicious they are
are met with opposition or others merely felt offended
by it no matter if you didn't mean anything mean by it...
i get you just let it slide part of being an aspie

kalantir
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2009, 1:24 pm

gina-ghettoprincess wrote:
No, I'm on the OPs side. They weren't even answering your original question, and one of them most certainly WAS being an ass.

Quote:
he was just a jerk looking to piss you off. And he succeeded. Get it?

I think it pissed me off more so then it would normally because he's a mod. You would expect mods to act at least somewhat respectable. Especially on a site as popular as that one. Its like the equivalent of WP for programmers.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2009, 1:28 pm

Yeah but basically, you get in trouble because you got upset. That's all. The guy who provoked you gets no blame, you're the one who made a scene. Not fair, I know.

kalantir
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2009, 1:30 pm

Well, I know one of the mods there from another site and I sent him a pm. He gave me the proper email I would need should I want to report someone. The question is, should I report him or just let it go?

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2009, 1:31 pm

kalantir wrote:

Woah, I didn't even notice I just got a thousand posts! Thanks! :lol:

y es como un semestre"

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2009, 1:31 pm

I looked at the post and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. I also looked around the forum in general and it appears to largely be made up from people who don't seem to have much of a life to begin with so as they say "If you lie down with dogs, expect to get fleas".

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2009, 1:33 pm

I say let it go.

kalantir
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2009, 1:35 pm

mitharatowen wrote:
I say let it go.

Ive always had problems letting things go... as I mentioned in another thread, I still feel angry about some events that happened when i was 3 years old.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2009, 1:36 pm

Preaching to the chior sir :lol:

I too am terrible at letting things go. But it really is the best thing to do in many cases.

kalantir
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2009, 1:45 pm

lol... now 3 mods have given my profile a low rating. Since mods automatically start off with a higher rating then normal people, and since the higher your rating is, the more you affect other peoples ratings... my rating just went down from 1000 to 895. This is just BS. The last one even lives in the same city as me.... this is a small city... the urges...

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2009, 1:49 pm

Perhaps you should sincerely and politely apologise for getting upset and quietly take your leave of that thread. Seems like the best possible solution right now.

But you can bet that other morons are going to come to the thread and talk crap and it's going to piss you off so bad you'll feel you just have to respond and defend yourself.. but for your own good please try to refrain.

It's not my first time being flamed ;)