Page 2 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

audiobyrne
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Feb 2009, 3:52 pm

"Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes."

-Mahatma Gandhi

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 3:57 pm

I generally support the state of Israel to continue to exist, does that make me a Zionist? I don't know. Israel is not beyond criticism, and they should be giving up concessions with the Palestinian Arabs in order to get peace. At the same time, I support their right to defend themselves against Islamic terrorists.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 12:32 am

history_of_psychiatry wrote:
The_Cucumber wrote:
slowmutant wrote:
So Zionism and Judaism are not actually synonymous?

No, from what I understand, All Zionists are Jews but not all Jews are Zionists.

Not true. Even though most Jews are Zionists, most Zionists are actually Christians.

Explain.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 8:42 am

slowmutant wrote:
The_Cucumber wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

No, from what I understand, All Zionists are Jews but not all Jews are Zionists.

Not true. Even though most Jews are Zionists, most Zionists are actually Christians.

Explain.

Jesus ain't coming back until all the Jews are in the holy land. Since I am staying out, the second coming will not happen in my life-time.

ruveyn

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 8:47 am

Nobody knows exactly when Jesus will return. I am extremely skeptical of any human efforts to manipulate End Time prophecy.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 9:12 am

Sand wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Sand wrote:
klick wrote:
That's an interesting link, Sand. I take it that by posting it, you're defining Zionism as part of a global capitalist-imperialist movement? Laconvivencia, history_of_psychiatry, would you like to give your definitions?

I'm merely providing a link with historical information. I did not make any comment.

The posting of a link in response to a question implies at least a tacit endorsement of the views expressed at that link.

Stop jumping to conclusions. I don't endorse anything. If you want to present other links with other perspectives, feel free.

You would not post a link to something you disagreed with, Sand. Stop being obtuse.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 11:52 am

Orwell wrote:
Sand wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Sand wrote:
klick wrote:
That's an interesting link, Sand. I take it that by posting it, you're defining Zionism as part of a global capitalist-imperialist movement? Laconvivencia, history_of_psychiatry, would you like to give your definitions?

I'm merely providing a link with historical information. I did not make any comment.

The posting of a link in response to a question implies at least a tacit endorsement of the views expressed at that link.

Stop jumping to conclusions. I don't endorse anything. If you want to present other links with other perspectives, feel free.

You would not post a link to something you disagreed with, Sand. Stop being obtuse.

Does the link present valid history? I am interested in your denial.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 11:53 am

slowmutant wrote:
Nobody knows exactly when Jesus will return. I am extremely skeptical of any human efforts to manipulate End Time prophecy.

What kind of valid super source do you have to give you valid information about that?

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 12:05 pm

Sand wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

What kind of valid super source do you have to give you valid information about that?

Take a wild guess.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 12:11 pm

slowmutant wrote:
Sand wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

Take a wild guess.

I haven't the faintest idea unless you refer to some old crackpot document full of weird ideas and inaccurate history.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 12:15 pm

Sand wrote:
slowmutant wrote:
Sand wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

Take a wild guess.

I haven't the faintest idea unless you refer to some old crackpot document full of weird ideas and inaccurate history.

That's the one! :thumright:

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 12:20 pm

slowmutant wrote:
Sand wrote:
slowmutant wrote:
Sand wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

Take a wild guess.

That's the one! :thumright:

Since you quickly glommed onto whatever document that might be as inaccurate and crackpot and full of weird ideas I wonder why you are so enthusiastic about it. Does that pin you down somehow?

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 1:54 pm

Yes, but in a good way.

audiobyrne
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Feb 2009, 2:02 pm

slowmutant wrote:
The_Cucumber wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

Explain.

Without the support of countries like the US and the UK, Israel would have very little resources. Also, Christians are more likely to side with Jews in the seemingly endless Palestinian conflict. Mostly because Christianity has a long history of not wanting to give anything to the Islamic world. Even though the Islamic world has played an equally important role in the development and progression of this world.

If there is one nation in that region that should NOT resemble a theocracy, it's Palestine. It is the Holy Land for too many people to be run by one group, especially one as small as Judaism. People from nearly every country in the world turn toward one expanse of land in prayer on a daily basis.

I personally don't support Zionism because Baha'is are taught to turn away from nationalism in favor of the unity of one human family. Also, Haifa is the site of Baha'i pilgrimage since Iran is not a safe place for Baha'is, and since we have such an amazing set of shrines on Mt. Carmel and in nearby Acre. We turn to the Mansion of Bahji in prayer as our Qiblih.

"Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes."

-Mahatma Gandhi

monty
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 9:53 am

Orwell wrote:
I'm in favor of people not killing each other. Which side do I support with those views?

(Disclaimer: I'm a White Anglo-Saxon Protestant, not a Jew)

Which side?? My side!! I haven't killed anyone in a long, long time.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 10:27 am

Quote:
I'm in favor of people not killing each other.

Me too. That describes my loyalties to a tee. I'm in favour of people not killing each other. Whoever happens to be in favour of not-kiling, I'm with them. The traditional religious lines don't mean as much to me as this.