Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

merrymadscientist
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2009, 5:09 pm

I posted a question on the Computer, Math, Science and Technology forum, but seeing as it is mainly computer related stuff on there and there are a lot of scientifically minded people who mainly seem to hang out here, I am posting the link to that thread here.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt90497.html

Basically I am looking for someone who knows a lot (or even a bit) about quantum physicis to answer a question I have which would take a huge amount of time and effort to try and find out by internet searches or reading books/journals. I have recently become interested in quantum physics, but as it is a huge complicated field and I have a more than full time job plus other interests and routines, its going to take me several years (at least) to find out everything I want to know about it.

JoJerome
Toucan
Toucan

07 Feb 2009, 6:25 pm

I too find the field fascinating.

And I too have not had the time/money/resources to learn as much as I'd like.

But that is true for a lot of fields. I think I need to become a vampire just so I can live long enough to learn all I want to learn!

SK666
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Nov 2015, 9:24 pm

merrymadscientist wrote:
I posted a question on the Computer, Math, Science and Technology forum, but seeing as it is mainly computer related stuff on there and there are a lot of scientifically minded people who mainly seem to hang out here, I am posting the link to that thread here.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt90497.html

Basically I am looking for someone who knows a lot (or even a bit) about quantum physicis to answer a question I have which would take a huge amount of time and effort to try and find out by internet searches or reading books/journals. I have recently become interested in quantum physics, but as it is a huge complicated field and I have a more than full time job plus other interests and routines, its going to take me several years (at least) to find out everything I want to know about it.

Me too. I know this is a very old thread, but how did you go? Did you ever find someone?

Undergoing the process of an in-depth differential diagnosis with a clinical psychologist, who has 35 yrs experience in ASDs. Using DSMV, ADOS-2 (Mod 4), ADI-R, peer-reviewed literature, empirical and anecdotal evidence. Now the focus of a case study.

[AQ: 38/50] [EQ: 17/80, SQ: 59/80] [AS: 145/200, NT: 95/200]
[MBTI: INTP] [IQ: 144, (SD: 24) (Matrix)]

the26thangel

29 Nov 2015, 11:03 pm

Dear merrymadscientist,
I came across a wonderful book at Barnes & Noble (you can purchase it online) called 30-Second Theories. It isn't listed as being written by anyone, but rather, as listed on the cover it is "edited" by Paul Parsons. Honestly, it has a wealth of brief information on various topics including but not limited to:
The Macrocosm
Wave Theory
Thermodynamics
Theory of Relativity
The Microcosm
Atomic Theory
Quantum Mechanics
Quantum Field Theory
etc
I'd say there are roughly 70 topics. Each is 1-2 pages, and it may help you pinpoint exactly where you want to start in your quest for knowledge. I hope that helps you a little. :)
oh my, I just noticed how old this thread is. Well, perhaps it will give someone else a good read :)

SK666

30 Nov 2015, 12:06 am

the26thangel wrote:
Dear merrymadscientist,
I came across a wonderful book at Barnes & Noble (you can purchase it online) called 30-Second Theories. It isn't listed as being written by anyone, but rather, as listed on the cover it is "edited" by Paul Parsons. Honestly, it has a wealth of brief information on various topics including but not limited to:
The Macrocosm
Wave Theory
Thermodynamics
Theory of Relativity
The Microcosm
Atomic Theory
Quantum Mechanics
Quantum Field Theory
etc
I'd say there are roughly 70 topics. Each is 1-2 pages, and it may help you pinpoint exactly where you want to start in your quest for knowledge. I hope that helps you a little. :)
oh my, I just noticed how old this thread is. Well, perhaps it will give someone else a good read :)

Sounds perfect for me! Thanks for the tip!

Undergoing the process of an in-depth differential diagnosis with a clinical psychologist, who has 35 yrs experience in ASDs. Using DSMV, ADOS-2 (Mod 4), ADI-R, peer-reviewed literature, empirical and anecdotal evidence. Now the focus of a case study.

[AQ: 38/50] [EQ: 17/80, SQ: 59/80] [AS: 145/200, NT: 95/200]
[MBTI: INTP] [IQ: 144, (SD: 24) (Matrix)]

the26thangel

30 Nov 2015, 12:12 am

You are very welcome SK666, and I hope you enjoy :)