Post something nice about a person you don't like

Page 2 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2006, 7:38 am

Melinda Stace is a very good cook.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

QuirkyCarla
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2006, 5:44 pm

I'm a pretty loyal person.

Bland
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2006, 6:15 pm

Bill Clinton is a friend of former president Bush. (is that nice?)
Bill Clinton is a good Shmoozer. (I think that's a compliment)
Bill Clinton shares the same first name of my ex-husband and the same favourite pasttime; cheating. (oops! that's not nice, is it?)

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2006, 10:12 pm

What if i don't actually dislike anybody?

Bland
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2006, 11:23 pm

I could make it so you dislike me. Then you could say something nice about me. That would be cool. Remember, I'm the one who criticizes your avatar, plus, I'm a right-winger to boot.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2006, 12:07 am

Ken Livingstone has a handsome Face.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2006, 3:39 am

Quote:

I could make you dislike me.

I don't see any point in it though, i'm just interested in how long it would take you to crack. :wink:

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2006, 7:38 am

Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I dislike you. Seems like liking or disliking people is an infinite condition. People can do things which annoy me, and they can do things which i disagree with, and they can say things which hurt me, and while that does pose a stronger argument that they somehow ARE inherently dislikable(from my perspective) than that they aren't, it is still an assumption. I have a VERY strong urge to give people the benefit of the doubt(which really is infinite). So I assume that while people may have done things which hurt me, they arent necessarily inherently dislikable(from my perspective). So I like everybody.

Bland
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2006, 8:44 am

Nomaken wrote:
Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I dislike you.

That's a good point. There are many people, though, who feel threatened if you disagree with their tastes or ideals. They get angry and attack. I can't deal with that, but it doesn't mean I dislike them; just can't deal with them.

Back to the thread-

Jennifer Granholm is very attractive and speaks well. (all that is required to be governor or Michigan, evidently)

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2006, 4:53 pm

Bland wrote:
I could make it so you dislike me. Then you could say something nice about me. That would be cool. Remember, I'm the one who criticizes your avatar, plus, I'm a right-winger to boot.

I dont belive there is such a thing as a right-winger, just a repressed liberal. :wink: As for me there are only two kinds of people i dont like, judgemental people who overgeneralise and tree-hugging, freedom-hating commies. :lol:

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2006, 10:32 pm

The people I dislike actually have the POWER to invoke the feeling of dislike in me. Something that can be quite difficult to do.
My psychiatrist in hospital, for example.

quietangel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Feb 2006, 6:12 pm

renaeden wrote:
The people I dislike actually have the POWER to invoke the feeling of dislike in me. Something that can be quite difficult to do.
My psychiatrist in hospital, for example.

Or like my ex-husband... he seems to love to push my buttons... come to think of it I didn't know I had "buttons"
Something nice? I guess he made me aware of my buttons.

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2006, 7:19 pm

Those cashiers who call people they don't know "sweetie" and "honey" while taking forever to ring up their stuff actually do think they're being kind.

Nomaken wrote:

Good! Yes! You must like me! EVERYBODY MUST LIKE ME! IF I AM NOT PREFCTLY WELL-LIKED BY ONE AND ALL I WILL BE A FAILURE AS A HUMAN BEING! Please keep liking me! I'll be super nice and sweet and good if nobody ever has to say one mean or cross word to me! Please, PLLEEEAASSSEEE like me and keep liking me?

If that doesn't repell people, nothing will.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2006, 10:01 pm

LOL!
:lol:

Bland
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2006, 9:10 am

eamonn wrote:I dont belive there is such a thing as a right-winger, just a repressed liberal.

How dare you insult me!!? I've been called a closet lesbian, a closet charismatic, a closet nymphomaniac, and a closet militia enthusiast, but repressed liberal!!??? Now that's going too far!! !! !!
All of the above statements are true and correct to the best of my knowlege.
Any or all of the above statements, if found to be incorrect or false either in part or in its entirety, will be justified by the phrase, "I have no recollection of ever making that statement."

Slipperman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Feb 2006, 2:43 pm

Kevin Pereira (i.e. host of G4's 'Attack Of The Show' who's an attention hog and picks on Adam Sessler all the time) is a good drummer.

Tim (aka the Slipperman)