something is terribly wrong about all this..................

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

beareater
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Feb 2009, 4:39 am

this forum is way too depressing...it's not even right

90% of these threads have somethin to do with "feeling" a certain way when in reality it's just prolonging that feeling by focusing in on it

in some of em im like :help:

this one thread talkin about feelin like an alien (looking too much into oneself), then another talkin about echololia and then askin why it happens.....it's bs since u know why u repeated it, it's not like the brain is a tape recorder playin back and forth, but instead a constrant stream of decisions, bad, good, dumb, smart, watever

all this shlt gets passed on and it's like one big cesspool

im sure somthin in this post adds on to it just as much

i dont get how some of u post here regularly, maybe it becomes an easier addiction since some fall into more of it and keep it like that, but to me at least now its zombie world online

:skull:

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 4:43 am

I feel its more a place where people can express how they feel and know someone for once will understand 8O !

ManErg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 6:06 am

beareater wrote:
90% of these threads have somethin to do with "feeling" a certain way when in reality it's just prolonging that feeling by focusing in on it

I agree that there is a lot of 'repetition', but your estimate of 90% is way too high. One of the busiest sub-forums is 'politics/philosophy/religion', where AS rarely gets mentioned at all. The same goes for many of the other sub-forums.

Really, as this is the main forum for those on the AS, what do you expect? Would you log onto a football forum and complain that everyone is talking only about football? :)

Having said that, there is a tendancy to go round-and-round the same subjects again and again. However this is mostly due to the constant flow of new members that are finding this is new to them. Some consideration of others is useful. That just because you are not interested in a subject, or do not have a particular problem, does not mean that others do not have a right to want to explore it in depth.

Rainbow-Squirrel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 6:36 am

I'm afraid the OP is quite right.

Last edited by Rainbow-Squirrel on 10 Feb 2009, 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 6:37 am

beareater wrote:
then another talkin about echololia and then askin why it happens.....it's bs since u know why u repeated it, it's not like the brain is a tape recorder playin back and forth

You either don't know much/anything about echolalia or you have an inhumane insight in your own/other people's neurological structure that's set before your/their concious thinking.

Also, the brain is not a
beareater wrote:
a constrant stream of decisions, bad, good, dumb, smart, watever

or else you wouldn't remember to take regular breaths, for example.

Besides that, if you don't want to read something: don't read it. You can read and avoid everything you want to.

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 6:39 am

beareater wrote:
this forum is way too depressing...it's not even right

in some of em im like :help:

this one thread talkin about feelin like an alien (looking too much into oneself), then another talkin about echololia and then askin why it happens.....it's bs since u know why u repeated it, it's not like the brain is a tape recorder playin back and forth, but instead a constrant stream of decisions, bad, good, dumb, smart, watever

all this shlt gets passed on and it's like one big cesspool

im sure somthin in this post adds on to it just as much

i dont get how some of u post here regularly, maybe it becomes an easier addiction since some fall into more of it and keep it like that, but to me at least now its zombie world online

:skull:

Do you even have AS? I'm not saying that to be mean, but the first thread I read of yours was that your brother may have it. So, there's probably a whole level of thinking in here that you may not relate to. I, like many other aspies like to over analyze things. I like posting in here because no one in the outside world would listen or understand it properly.

AmberEyes
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 6:48 am

pensieve wrote:
I like posting in here because no one in the outside world would listen or understand it properly.

Same here.

I also agree that parts of this forum are depressing.

However, if people were more prepared to accept others for how they truly are in the real world and AS didn't have such a negative, secretive, stigmatised image that people feared and condescended: the depression would lift.

Well...it would certainly make me happy anyway. :)

beareater

10 Feb 2009, 8:37 am

fasho no offense i agree with yall

lets get busy

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 8:51 am

There's bound to be depressed people on an Autistic forum, but they have the right to express themselves freely.

I do feel though, that society as a whole should always focus on positives, and diminish the negatives.

Positivity in Autism is something I'm an advocate for. There's nothing wrong with us - this condition is a fantastic thing, but don't let that get to your head too much. It's ok to be proud, but don't become overly proud. By overly proud I mean so egotistical that you become a hazard to yourself. I'm not saying "Be this, don't be that" I'm just saying don't don't become too pushy.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 9:09 am

Sometimes I feel the same way as well.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 9:11 am

I'm not sure why this bothers you. New people are joining WP all the time and may want to start a fresh discussion even if it is something that has been covered in the past. Sure the old posts are good to read, but no-one is going to reply if you leave a message... That would make me sad :cry:

BreakTheSilence
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Feb 2009, 9:31 am

I agree for the most part, but this is a coping device for many people, and by conversing as they do relieve some of their problems, so I guess you just have to accept thats the way its going to be.

The social environment is also never going to be like many other forums since the majority of people treat social matters a bit differently than at your average forum, and forums are inherently social places.

ngonz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Feb 2009, 9:39 am

In my case, I found out first that my older son had HFA. That discovery led to my younger son's diagnosis of Asperger's. So, I'm wondering what I can do for them, where it came from, etc. and this was a really good place to begin researching and seeing what it's like for other people. Lo and behold, I am seeing a lot of myself in other people's stories. It has very recently become official that I have Asperger's also.

So my reason for saying how I feel and asking/reading about others is not to complain, whine or delve into the darkest part of someone's depression, but to find out about myself and my kids. Many things that I did not understand are now clear, thanks to this forum and the people who post here. I have learned a lot here and am much happier for it.

www.neurointegrity.com

Mage
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 11:05 am

beareater wrote:
...then another talkin about echololia and then askin why it happens.....it's bs since u know why u repeated it...

If you're not on the spectrum I suppose there's no way to understand. It's much like telling a schizophrenic person "Stop hearing voices, it's just in your head!"

I find many of your posts come across as pretty insulting. In the words of anonymous, "LURK MOAR!"

beareater

10 Feb 2009, 11:10 am

Sora wrote:
Also, the brain is not a
beareater wrote:
a constrant stream of decisions, bad, good, dumb, smart, watever

or else you wouldn't remember to take regular breaths, for example.

its the first thing on my mind

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 11:14 am

Mage wrote:
beareater wrote:
...then another talkin about echololia and then askin why it happens.....it's bs since u know why u repeated it...

If you're not on the spectrum I suppose there's no way to understand. It's much like telling a schizophrenic person "Stop hearing voices, it's just in your head!"

I find many of your posts come across as pretty insulting. In the words of anonymous, "LURK MOAR!"
I agree. It's not depressing here at all. It is exactly like, that.