My online friend said he didnt want to be my friend any more

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

nightbender
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 1:19 pm

i was chatting with my friend online and i expressed somethings i felt and he just misinterpreted what i was saying and got real pissed off. He told me he didnt want to be my friend anymore.
Hes great to talk to, but he cant stand people disagreeing with him.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 1:28 pm

aww I'm sorry :(

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 1:47 pm

Was your friend also an Aspie? Its hard for Aspies to get along together. Its hard for Aspies to maintain friendship with anyone anyway. I'd suggest examining what you said when you disagreed with friend and analyzing whether you said something cruel and how you could have changed what you said or just not said it. Then move on and find a new friend. :D

nightbender
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 1:54 pm

yes i met him on this site. i just said stuff like a believe in enviromental causes for autism and lfa
people should be able to get thier fucntioing rasied through natural treatmetn, i also said that the news media is controlled by a select few with an agenda.

RoisinDubh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Feb 2009, 3:11 pm

This has happened to me before, with someone who was NT. It's actually the reason that I'm one of those rare Aspies who PREFERS face-to-face interaction over the internet interaction. A lot of things can be misconstrued in text, even by NT's, and it's annoying. Hell, the only reason I'm HERE is cos there's really no other way to find so many Aspies in one place at one time....I stopped using IM and other message boards because of this sort of thing.

nightbender
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2009, 4:11 pm

yeah i wasnt even trying to say much of anything, just make conversation. I currently have a nuero-cognitive impedepedance from treatements given to me supposedly for aspergers that makes socializing very hard.(for reasons different than standard as)

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2009, 5:13 pm

People do this to me all the time.. I'm sorry it happened to you. At least you know why, its worse when they cut you off and you never find out why.

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2009, 7:12 pm

RoisinDubh wrote:
This has happened to me before, with someone who was NT. It's actually the reason that I'm one of those rare Aspies who PREFERS face-to-face interaction over the internet interaction. A lot of things can be misconstrued in text, even by NT's, and it's annoying. Hell, the only reason I'm HERE is cos there's really no other way to find so many Aspies in one place at one time....I stopped using IM and other message boards because of this sort of thing.

I couldn't agree more. People I talked to online were so gobsmackingly disloyal towards me, it was unreal and to be honest downright demeaning. I wonder if it's every bit as hard for an NT to comprehend communication WITHOUT the intuitive, non-verbal part which is absent online; as it is for an ASC person to comprehend it WITH the intuitive, non-verbal part present offline? Is this a contributing reason for the unabashed disloyalty of online friends?

nightbender
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2009, 9:23 pm

well it turns out he just had a meltdown.

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2009, 12:41 am

nightbender wrote:
well it turns out he just had a meltdown.

So you guys are still friends?

My friend usually just ignores me if I try to share my feelings, or what I'm going through. He's an NT.

nightbender
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2009, 3:14 pm

yes

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2009, 11:22 am

I've been in this type of situation a few times before.

ARandomPerson
Raven
Raven

22 Feb 2009, 11:41 am

nightbender wrote:
i was chatting with my friend online and i expressed somethings i felt and he just misinterpreted what i was saying and got real pissed off. He told me he didnt want to be my friend anymore.

that's so sad, my suggestion is to go out in RL and try and make friends there, you lose so much with an OL relationship, facial expression, tone of voice, gesture, you only gets what is typed and it is open for misconception.

It is better to ake mistakes in relationships sooner rather than later, because the older you get, the bigger the potential consiquences.

JLD
Toucan
Toucan

21 Feb 2017, 11:31 am

nightbender wrote:

It means he has never been your friend.