Page 12 of 12 [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Are you a "lipstick aspie"?
Absolutely! I won't leave the house without at least a little make-up 39%  39%  [ 101 ]
Au naturale for me. I don't like all that greasy make-up and uncomfortable clothes. 39%  39%  [ 101 ]
Au naturale for me. I don't like to stand out. 9%  9%  [ 22 ]
N/A. My parents won't let me wear make up yet. 2%  2%  [ 4 ]
No! I have my reasons. 11%  11%  [ 29 ]
Total votes : 257

Mmmph
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Oct 2009, 12:10 am

Heck, no! Video games are amazing <3

LupeLauraly
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Oct 2009, 1:01 pm

Aimless wrote:
By makeup do you mean foundation? I can't stand the way that feels but I'm lucky to have an even skin tone so I don't really need it. I wear eye makeup to varying degrees and lip gloss which never lasts because my major constant stim is rubbing my lips together. It looks stupid but I do it without thinking. I'm doing it now.

Is that a stim? Holy cow, I found another one. I do that ALL THE TIME and people ALWAYS notice and feel the need to comment. I thought it was just me, but looking objectively at it, I guess I would count it as one of my stims, too.

I picked the second option for the poll. I'm thirty and never really had any interest to learn how to put on makeup. That thrilled my mom to no end because she had no desire to teach me, either. I bought a Kevin Aucoin book a few years back and tried to mimic the pictures in it when applying makeup, but it never looked good and I always felt either like a hooker or like I was going trick-or-treating or both. I have never understood fashion when it comes to my clothes, but I can appreciate tasteful fashion spreads in women's magazines. I wear the same five outfits to work week in and week out. People comment on that, too, insinuating that I make enough money to broaden my wardrobe. Phooey. If they want me to wear something else, they can go shopping for me. I abhor clothes shopping.

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2009, 3:46 pm

i do that too. no one's ever commented, however. :S

zimmie
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Oct 2009, 2:08 am

I'm a chapstick aspie! :D Really, I wear it all the time. I do have some sparkly chapstick that I wear if I want to be sparkly that day, but it's mostly to make my lips feel good. The last time I wore makeup, I was twelve and in a ballet recital. My older brother put it on for me, too.

GizmoGirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Oct 2009, 9:36 am

I am 100% straigt and yet I feel like I think more like a man. I love sports, I hate frilly girly things, I like to burp :lol: hahaha...I love to rough house, drink beer, and just hang out with my "boys"..at work I get along better with the guys then the girls. I hate shopping..I think more logial then emotional...but yet I wear make-up and like when i look "put togather"... :lol:

~"S&M is an art. Doing it well requires more than a bag full of expensive whips and ropes, a closet full of fetish clothes, or a basement filled with bondage furniture." De Sade~

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2009, 3:53 pm

I love to dress up, and I'm rather girly with clothing. Make-up however is unnecessary and takes too much time to reapply. The most I'll do (for the few days I put on makeup) is some lip gloss and a light foundation. I'll put on makeup for fancy events though, and I'm really good at putting it on when I bother too.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2022, 4:11 am

I only use powder makeup. Can't stand the sticky feeling of liquid or cream stuff. Lipstick is only used for very special occasions, like Christmas party or weddings. I have to wipe it off before eating food, though. I'll reapply after but can't stand it during eating.

Most days now I only put a bit of blush on my bare skin. I don't do all those serums and moisturizer or primer stuff, too sticky. Luckily I like the way I look already. :D

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2022, 6:55 pm

How's wearing make-up an Aspie thing? Most NT women I know would never go out without their make-up on, no matter what circumstances.

I do sometimes wear lipstick, and I might put on some mascara if I'm going out for an evening, but otherwise I don't really care for make-up. I'm scared I'm not going to put it on right, I know there are make-up tutorials and stuff on YouTube but...you know.

I do wish I was more into make-up like normal women but then it will just be another task I've got to remember to do and due to ADHD I struggle to organise myself as it is.

Sigi

31 May 2022, 10:17 pm

I hate makeup, I can always 'feel it' and could never be bothered to learn. It's also expensive and is rather have the time in bed then put it on everyday.

I'm not very fashionable either. I wear a lot of tracksuits because they're comfy but have jeans and t-shirts for going out as it looks less shabby. If I don't like a certain type of clothing I won't wear it even if it is fashion. My mother used to despair growing up over my lack of style. I like when jobs have uniforms so I don't have to think about what to wear.

I like other people's fashion, I think Florence Welch for example usually looks cool but I don't know how to put outfits together myself.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2022, 12:18 pm

I don't even like putting on Chapstick, even if it has sunscreen that protects my lips from the sun or helps prevent cold sores.