When I'm about to fall asleep, I can think of music

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2009, 11:26 am

I'm not the most musically inclined person in the world. Heck, I can't even read music - you know, the notes "♪♫" and I have a hard time sometimes finding rhyming words that fit.

But get this; lately when I go to lay down for a nap and I'm in a very relaxed state, I can be running lyrics through my head. Not lyrics that I've heard before in any song but stuff I've made up in the here and now and it flows just as if I'm a musical prodigy and as though I'm singing my favorite song in my head that I know the lyrics to by heart though, like I say, the songs are original - by me. If only I wasn't in that state and I could write them down because when I'm in this state I can't do it.

Must have something to do with brainwaves at that relaxed state about to fall asleep whether it's beta or delta or theta...

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2009, 2:24 pm

I know exactly what you mean...I wish there were some way to record it, because the most amazing songs just suddenly enter my mind, and are immediately forgotten =/

DustyLens
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Feb 2009, 7:53 pm

Same,here.
I did try to learn to play the keyboard,for a year...but seem to have learning issues,got stuck and bogged down in the details.
But I can compose songs in my head,no problems,just find it hard to hear whats going on when a whole band is playing at the same time.
Think these are AS symptoms ?
I wonder a lot about all this,why could not actually learn to play,tho' I loved it.
I have a younger Bro. who is very gifted,musically,he cannot play by reading music,or studying it,and has very intuitive skills with anything like cameras,videos,etc.
His upbringing was way less repressive than mine,he is 20 years younger,got home-schooled,etc.
Is it possible that he kept his talents ,because he had tp supress muh less to deal with the world,and that mine could be buried under all the #$%^ I had to adopt to live with NTs in an alien world ?