Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2009, 10:32 am

I like the X-Men and I created three mutants on my own for one of imdb threads on the X-Men III board. How do you like them? :) Did you ever make your own original mutant characters? If so, share them with us too :D .

Name: Beryl Lagner - Donaldson

Mutant Name: Soul

Category: Neutral

Affiliation: Herself

Sex: Female

Ethnicity: American of Italian origin (her mother’s family was from Italy)

Hair: Black, curly

Eyes: Green

Powers: Her “body” is composed of pure psychic energy which gives her PSI powers – the girl is a telepath of a very high level, able to mentally possess people because as her mutant name suggests she’s just a soul with no real body on her own – she can control bodies of others while their owners don’t even realize what’s happening to them losing consciousness if this is her wish. She’s virtually immortal because she is able to possess every human being or animal living this way for many, many centuries. She’s able to live on the astral plane too as an entity of pure energy. Beryl’s an Omega mutant even if there are still many things about her powers she must find out due to her young age and lack of experience with using them.

Beryl was born in Chicago where she also spent the next 9 years of her life. Her mother died in an accident when the girl was just three months old so she stayed only with her father, a petty criminal.

Even before her mutation manifested, Beryl was always different than her peers. She was a child characterized by a very high IQ, borderline genius fascinated with science. Contrary to this popular way of perceiving highly intelligent kids as silent, shy geeks wearing thick glasses and unfashionable clothes, Beryl never fit into this stereotype. Pretty, very outgoing and full of energy that seemed to never run out she was spoilt by all adults which made her very narcisstic and a bit too arrogant which didn’t mean though she wasn’t a nice person to spend time with – she simply loved it too much when other people’s attention was concentrated on her. She couldn’t help but got used to perceiving herself to be better than others – smarter, more interesting (thanks to her intelligence she was very mature and sophisticated for her age and as a result all adults admired her).

When the girl was 9 her father was shot by the mobsters he had contacts with. She was adopted by Ronald and Rosemary Donaldson - her father’s friend and his wife living in New York and raised by them together with their two children younger than she.

When Beryl was 13 she started to have severe health problems doctors weren’t able to identify even if her foster parents spent a lot of money to help her. It seemed all her organs one by one stopped to function. The teen had problems with practically everything – walking, seeing, hearing, she suffered strong pains in her whole organism. Those problems suddenly appeared and disappeared only to return soon.

Three months after the first symptoms of her mysterious illness something suddenly changed. One day Beryl started to hear voices in her head but it wasn’t just another symptom indicating that something wrong was happening also with her brain. It made her think she could be a telepathic mutant but she decided not to tell anyone.

Four days later another untypical thing took place and changed the girl’s life forever. She was lying in bed when suddenly she realized she was looking down at her own body while her consciousness seemed to be somewhere outside, not restrained by the natural barrier of flesh like she was an ethereal ghost, pure energy not needing her own body to survive. The shock made her back but when she shook herself free of initial fear the teenager decided to check if she was able to leave her body again. And it happened so. After several experiments the truth started to seep to the brain of the newly manifested mutant – her mutation made her a being of pure psychic energy, able to live beyond her physical body. Her health problems was the first manifestation of her power – in fact she didn’t need her body which was as she found out only an empty crust containing her true self to survive.

Her health problems withdrew during the next days which all doctors found a medical miracle even if not wanting to reveal their lack of knowledge they told her family it probably had purely nervous background – strange as it seems, sometimes physical symptoms may have mental origin, especially in adolescent girls. Beryl started to experiment with her powers in secret, trying to find out their kind and limits. It turned out these were in fact psionic in nature. First of all, she was a strong telepath able to read minds and project her thoughts into other people’s brains. Her telepathy had also its other aspects – ability to possess people controlling their behavior, erasing memories and creating illusions.

Beryl Lagner – Donaldson is believed to be an Omega mutant although she still has a lot to learn about her power. Her physical body will obviously die one day but she – as a psionic entity her X-gene designed her to be - is immortal for she can possess others and live in their bodies. She would be also able to visit the astral plane and live there if for some reason she couldn’t find a host.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NAME: Esi Sarpong

SEX:Female

RACE/ETHNICITY: Black/Ghana

POWERS: Absorbing mutant powers (not their altered looks though so for example absorbing the power of Angel wouldn’t work). She can have only one absorbed power so if she borrows a different power from the other mutant, she will have only the latter one then. Now she uses a power of hypnosis (like Mesmero).

ALLEGIANCES: She remains neutral but if she was to make a choice she would support the side which would have more chances to win.

PERSONALITY: Esi Sarpong has many negative personality features but she can be called basically a good person – aside from stealing and making people take care of her needs she doesn’t hurt anybody with her power (well, maybe if someone tried to hurt her first) - but very spoilt by her power. She tends to be greedy, lazy and has narcisstic traits. The most important person in Esi Sarpong’s life is Esi Sarpong. She likes to treat people she hypnotized as her puppets making them follow her whims, she isn’t a type of an evil mastermind though.

Esi Sarpong was born in Sunyani in Ghana in a family of mutants: her mother working as a nurse in Sunyani General Hospital was a shapeshifter while her father, a warden in a local prison possessed much simpler and not that useful ability to transform his body into white fog; while he was in this state nothing could hurt him. She had also an older brother Tano showing no signs of any mutant ability and a younger sister Awusi who inherited mother’s shapeshifting powers. Her parents were friends with several other mutants but kept their unusual abilities in secret from their children until they were reaching puberty because there was a very high probability that having mutant parents they’d turn out to be mutants themselves.

When Esi was 12 she was let into the family secret and started to wait impatiently for any supernatural powers. Those didn’t appear for a long time though; it wasn’t until when Esi at 19 - a very late age for the first manifestation of mutant power - having accidentally touched her father took shape of white sentient fog, a form he was able to assume.

Later experiments with her mother, sister and her parents’ mutant friends showed that her power was in fact an ability to absorb mutant powers; everything she had to do was to touch one’s naked skin to “borrow” his mutant gift for as long as she didn’t absorb the other mutant’s power in the same manner (later on she taught herself to concentrate a bit on it to be able to absorb a power if she wanted to keep a power she previously had while in the very beginning she did it subconsciously by touching itself).

In this way, by courtesy of mutants known to her she tried following powers during next 3 years: shapeshifting, her father’s fog form, an ability to control plants, low level telekinesis, a simple ability to breathe under water, super strength (she acquired it for several months from the other mutant girl whom she met via the net), technopathy and instant hypnosis by simple eye to eye contact with a victim. Esi especially liked the last one (borrowed from her father’s best friend)because it gave her the greatest possibilities. Esi, being a person with manipulative tendencies since early childhood loved it.

At 22 the girl felt bored with her ordinary, mundane life and by using her favorite power having brainwashed her parents and siblings to believe there was a quarrel between them and they disowned her (this way they wouldn’t try to find her) run away to Accra, the capital of country. Having no money and no place to stay in, she started to use her power to manipulate people to give her their money and houses to live in with them – being hypnotized, they didn’t see any reason why they shouldn’t share their possessions with a stranger.

Miss Sarpong’s escape from her hometown took place a year ago. Now she lives with one of members of the Parliament of Ghana who is one of the happiest (and one of the most brainwashed, let’s add) men in the world, thinking this young woman whose sudden arrival in front of the edifice of the parliament followed by her words:“I want you to let me live in your house and do with you everything I want” took place two weeks ago is the most wonderful creature in the world, a real gift from God.

She likes spending time in a city park observing people and inducing them to give her their wallets and bodies to play with (rarely for she is afraid of HIV). She hopes one day she’ll meet a mutant telepath to possess not only the ability to hypnotize but also to read human thoughts (telepaths can do both those things with human minds and much more) but she’s afraid that this hypothetical telepath being more honest and less manipulative than her, having read in her thoughts how she uses her powers would do something unpleasant to her to punish her (and she isn’t going to be his puppet, believe me; she always played the role of a puppets master)so she isn’t very zealous about looking for a telepath.

For some mysterious reasons, from time to time (very, very rarely) Esi’s attempts of hypnotizing make her victims brainless zombies behaving like they were profoundly ret*d or severely autistic; they don’t react to anything, even to her attempts to reverse it.

Trivia:
-Esi is bisexual but has never slept with another female and isn’t ever going to because being secretly embarrassed of her proclivities she finds it loathsome.
-She has IQ of 106 and her MBTI personality type is ESTP
-Esi is not interested in politics but she is fascinated by Kofi Abrefa Busia, a famous politician of her country. She has a crush on him.
-She is planning to leave the country in the closest future and go to the United States to meet the X-Men – only think about all those powers to absorb.
-She speaks three languages: Nzema, Ga and English.
-She is a bit overweight but does her best to fight it. She doesn’t like it when someone tells her she should reduce her weight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Hrafn Sveinsson
Mutant Name: Triton
S.e.x: Male
Hair: Blonde, very long
Powers: A fish tail instead of legs, gills

Hrafn Sveinsson’s place of living is Heimaey, a town on the small island of the same name on the south coast of Iceland (about 4, 500 inhabitants living in there). His unique physiology instantly betrays him as a mutant: Hrafn was born with a fish tail in the place where his legs should be, gills and an ability to regulate the temperature of his body which causes that he doesn’t feel any cold even while swimming in the coldest water.

He was born when mutants were still almost unknown (especially in his country). He comes from a farmer family. His parents had a daughter before him, his sister who is only one year older than he. His mother abandoned the family shortly after she gave birth to her son because looking at his deformed body filled her with disgust. Not divorcing her husband and not knowing it was she who was the carrier of the X-gene, she started a new life with a man from a distant city Akureyri where nobody knew about her shame and had two other children with him (one of them in her adult life also gave birth to a mutant daughter whose power is healing the sick; Hrafn’s half sister and his niece Unnur keep in touch with him).

Hrafn still lives with his father in the town where he was born. He doesn’t suffer persecutions because of his mutation and although he doesn’t have really close friends, he is generally liked even if treated with distrust by several people from his town for whom his physical looks is disgusting. But his fish tail is a thing that is easy to get used to and isn’t disgusting at all: it’s covered with delicately opalising goldenish scales, many women fascinated with him claim with admiration it’s beautiful. The first woman from whom he heard it was his first cousin Brynja with whom he was in love when they were still teenagers; he rejected her feelings then because he felt it’s morally wrong because they were closely related. Brynja wasn’t his only cousin though; his numerous relatives who help him deal with life live in Heimaey too.

Hrafn Sveinsson is one of the most known people of Iceland, everybody in there recognizes his face. He isn’t a political activist fighting for mutant rights but in interviews he openly expresses his opinion that people are equal regardless of their genetic status. He’s famous not only for the fact of being a mutant itself but also for his artistic achievements – Hrafn is a painter (maybe his talent isn’t that big but his status of the most famous mutant of his country makes him much more popular than he deserves, speaking of his artistic abilities) who paints mostly nature, his favorite objects to paint are atlantic muffins, birds his island abounds in.

This unusual painter loves spending time swimming in the ocean. When he doesn’t swim, paint nor “walks” the town in his electric wheelchair, you can find him in his room in front of the computer: he talks with many mutants all over the world encouraging them to be proud of who they are. One of his best friends is a mutant telepath from Vik in Iceland whose range of power is so big that he is able to contact with his friend very easily in every moment. Iceland doesn’t have many mutants though, Hrafn has ever talked to not more than 6 mutants from his country (including the telepath).

Hrafn is a calm man with a cheerful disposition. He’s favorably disposed towards people. He’s an artless man with no formal education (there wasn’t any high school on the island and while he needs to move in a wheelchair when he isn’t in water attending schools in neighboring towns would be too difficult) but he knows a lot thanks to the Internet and has a lot of natural wisdom. He’s used to his mutation and doesn’t complain he isn’t like others. With his long thick hair and muscular torso he looks like a triton from myths. He looks 10 years younger than he really is.

Nakpinji
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Feb 2009, 10:49 am

you ought to put stats to those and play them sometime, there are some great marvel character generators out there

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2009, 1:50 pm

Wow, your characters are way detailed! Great job!

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2009, 8:37 am

IdahoRose wrote:
Wow, your characters are way detailed!

Thanks :D . I always was very attached to tiny details, thanks to them my characters get life, aren’t that flat and one dimensional.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2009, 4:35 pm

Irulan wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:
Wow, your characters are way detailed!

Thanks :D . I always was very attached to tiny details, thanks to them my characters get life, aren’t that flat and one dimensional.

You're welcome. :) You'd be good at writing a book, if you wanted to.

I'm in the process of creating characters for my preferred fandoms, but it took me months to design them and even longer to give them personality traits and such, and they aren't nearly as awesome as yours.

Off-topic, but I like your avatar - BTTF was a good movie. Doc is my dad's favorite character, as well as mine.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 2:31 pm

IdahoRose wrote:

You're welcome. :) You'd be good at writing a book, if you wanted to .

I know. I always wanted to do it but I could never force myself (I have really bad procrastination) to finish what I started. I must only have a good topic, readers can pretend they are offended, shocked and stuff but as a matter of fact they love controversial topics like paraphilias or scary things.

IdahoRose wrote:
I'm in the process of creating characters for my preferred fandoms, but it took me months to design them and even longer to give them personality traits and such, and they aren't nearly as awesome as yours. .

My characters were designed in a very short time – it took me maybe 15 minutes for each of them (and some more time to actually write them) – suddenly I got an idea, I saw my characters in my mind’s eyes like they were real people and everything I had to do was to describe what I saw. Do you have your characters posted on the net? I’m sure they are cool.

IdahoRose wrote:
Off-topic, but I like your avatar - BTTF was a good movie. Doc is my dad's favorite character, as well as mine.

I am a fan of BTTF movies too. I can’t stand only Marty’s parents (especially as adults), they were such wimps.

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 3:40 pm

nice job irulan..there was acsually mutant called soul in x-men but he made only short appearance until enemy knocked all telepaths out :( i believe he was morlocs race but not sure

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2009, 8:06 am

I created some more :D . Who is your favorite? :) Anyway, are there any other people who could post their characters in here?

Name: Athula Serasinghe
Mutant Name: Mind Traveler
Affiliation: None
Sex: Male
Height: 169 cm
Weight: 82 kg
Hair: Thick, longish, still mostly black but with numerous streaks of grey hair
Eyes: Dark brown
Skin: Dark brown complexion
Powers: Ability to enter the astral plane

Athula Serasinghe is one of barely a few representatives of homo superior from Sri Lanka known to the world but it isn’t the only reason for he’s untypical even for a mutant. First of all, being born in 1920’s when nobody knew about the X-gene and its owners he’s one of the oldest mutants living now. The other thing that makes him unique is his ability which has been observed very rarely in mutants.

I don’t think that many of you would hit upon an idea that human thoughts, desires and dreams if only for people in whose heads they came into existence they were a matter of great importance after some time become part of the astral plane where they remain forever, embed in their own small dimensions like a fly in a piece of amber. Writers, movie directors or even painters concentrated on their artistic vision aren’t exceptions here. Every novel that was ever written, every movie, even every fantastic dream created by the mind of a teen endowed with overactive imagination gets its own place somewhere in the astral world like in a small dimension containing it. Only a high level telepath playing at an astral traveler is able to get in there… a telepath or Athula Serasinghe. Serasinghe doesn’t show any abilities of telepaths – practically the only people able to enter the astral world (but for several exceptions like the mutant from Sri Lanka) - he isn’t able to read other people’s thoughts (although, as the telepaths who met him claim, it’s much easier to contact him telepathically than an ordinary person which may be related to his mutation), his sole gift is the ability to visit this part of the astral plane which is created by human imagination, human thoughts and dreams (not the whole area of this plane as it turns out because he can’t manipulate the fabric of worlds visited by him or only to a very small extent which proves he’s limited only to the thought dimensions created by others, he can’t visit worlds being the creation of his own imagination nor other areas of the astral world like this one where the dead go after death).

Athula Serasinghe came from a big, poor family living in a small village. He didn’t have any chance to get education, he was smart but practically illiterate until he was an adult man. As a teenage boy he had to work hard. All his plans how to improve the life of his family fizzled out one by one. His ability manifested itself when he was 15. He told only his parents about it but they thought him to be a liar because he couldn’t prove it.

Everything he has to do to pay a visit in those “mind dimensions” is to think he wants to be in there – in one particular world he would like to visit or in a random one. Now when he can read he can make a choice where he wants to go much easier – there are so many fascinating books worlds floating on the astral plane. He is especially in favour of the world of Lord of the Rings and Boo’ya Moon – the fascinating place created by the power of imagination of no one else but Stephen King himself (if you don’t know Boo’ya Moon, read King’s “Lisey’s story”). Everything in them seems real when Athula is there. He can take the role of an observer or decide to cooperate with “people” met in there by taking part in their adventures and talking with them… but a vigilant eye can easily notice they are one dimensional, behave stereotypically like programmed automats with no mind on their own – after all they are nothing more than only the shreds of someone’s imagination. But they are real enough for Athula for whom one of the most exquisite pleasures of those amazing worlds was always sex he could have with the beautiful inhabitants of them (he always loved women and it didn’t change when he grew old). Those soulless but pretty “thought automats” willingly let him do with them everything he wants. His favorite lover is always Galadriel who, he admits, in the world of Tolkien’s imagination is much more beautiful than her movie counterpart.

While visiting the astral, Athula doesn’t need to eat nor sleep regardless of how much time he spends in there. Even if he’s hurt in there he can always go back to his physical body (which in time of his travels looks like he was asleep). He doesn’t know what would happen if he was killed while one of his astral travels but prefers not to check this. He hopes though that if his physical body happened to die while he’d be on the trip to the mind dimensions, his mind would remain forever in there – a form of immortality. He plans to not come back to his body one day – he’s an old man who hopes he’ll be able to live forever as a pure thought in the thought worlds he was able to visit since he was a boy.

Recently old Serasinghe became an object of interest of literary critics from Galle city where he moved in from the north of the country he comes from for fear of the Tamil Tigers organisation and their attacks on civilian targets. His cooperation with some low level telepath (able only to receive others’ thoughts, also Athula’s) whose strong point though is casting illusions (of things she saw in Athula’s mind) results in the critics at last able to see how famous writers imagined characters and places from the novels written by them. In many cases it’s a surprise for them how much the original versions are different from movies based on them. He receives money for this.

Athula Serasinghe didn’t know what he could do since his early youth was a mutant power. He found out there were other people with supernatural powers, mutants like him not earlier than in 1970. He personally knows professor Xavier who contacted him having read about a couple of mutants from Sri Lanka whose cooperation revealed the secrets of minds of famous writers to the literary world. Athula is this kind of person who likes pleasures of life and enjoys living life to the full. He’s a benign, cheerful old man but from time to time he can be also cunning and greedy because his poor childhood and life filled with hard work taught him that if he didn’t take care of himself no one else would do it. He’s still a very robust man living a healthy lifestyle – he eats mostly fruit. He was raised as a Buddhist but later on in life he stopped to think about religions even if he isn’t a total atheist. Now, as an old man he goes with a limp and must use a cane.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Bernadette Gaudet
Mutant Name: Golem
Height: 163 cm
Weight: 48 kg
Hair: Light brown, short
Skin: Pale
Powers: Creation of golems and mental control over them, also an ability to make a partial or total transfer of her mind into non sentient objects

Bernadette Gaudet’s mutant gift is creation of golems. She can use virtually every material she has at hand to create them although usually she makes use of ordinary soil to do it - they bear a resemblance to Batman’s enemy Clayface while the golems she makes of shreds of metal (if for some reason she needs them to be especially strong) resemble cyborgs from s-f movies. Bernadette’s creations may be so small that she can easily hide them in her hand but also huge and they are impervious to any pain. She is able to transfer her mind into them (partially when she has only limited awareness what’s happening to her golem or totally) to control them. If this is her wish, she is also able to put her consciousness in non sentient objects which allows her for example to overhear conversations. When her consciousness enters or leaves a golem or another object (she has to be close to them to be able to make a transfer), for a moment it materializes in a form of a cloud of tiny golden sparks whirling over it.

Golem’s family can be described as yokels living in a French village close to the Italian border hence she knows Italian. Her parents were first cousins and Bernadette suspected it’s the poor genetic material that caused activation of the X-gene in her. She was their only child. Bernadette heard rumors that Mancini’s School for the Gifted in Italy was in fact nothing more than an Italian counterpart of famous Xavier’s Institute. She realized that if the rumors were far from the truth and others found out she was a mutant it would mean serious problems for her but annoyed with the lack of perspectives if she stayed in there, the girl decided to stake everything on one card. She sent an e-mail to the Mancinis, explaining her situation and asking for a place in their school. Her parents to whom she came out as a mutant after getting a reply agreed, accepting it with relief – not being wealthy, they couldn’t give their daughter too much. Bernadette herself was happy that she had the chance to start a new life, she didn’t feel special attachment to parents and was glad that she could live with other mutants and attend the prestigious school where she could improve her Italian.

Golem is a rough, tomboyish girl about whom nobody could say she’s subtle or obedient. She likes to wear make-up and her long nails are always painted but she’s always dressed in clothes that could be worn by a boy. She prefers company of boys to spending time with other girls and is interested in male stuff like sport and cars. Her laughter is very loud. Bernadette doesn’t pay attention to hygiene nor physical appearance too much.

Miss Gaudet is a self- appointed fighter for mutant rights. When her mutation manifested itself, Bernadette declared that it’s her mission to bring peace to the world, clearing it of those who hated her kind only because of amazing abilities they had but being an impetuous teenage girl doesn’t help her in fulfilling this mission. Golem is a strong willed and pretty smart girl (although it’s still more simply street smartness than actual high intelligence in connection with sophistication and erudition she doesn’t show) but as yet her vehement temper makes her only one more teenage rebel waging her private war on those she knows as mutant haters. She takes pleasure in scaring them with her golems. Golem’s self-appointed mission to become a mutant leader fighting for their rights (partly having its source in an ordinary selfish wish to be admired and recognized) has made her more serious and responsible, more developed spiritually but she never talks to anyone about her dream to become the next Xavier because she realizes she isn’t a person who could be suspected by many people of having more sublime dreams; she’s known to her friends as a rough, definitively not high minded person. But as a young and inexperienced girl Bernadette is still irresponsible when it comes to using her powers for nasty pranks and doesn’t want to realize that if people discovered she’s a mutant, it could lead even to the whole school she attends being revealed as the nest of mutants. Golem is aware though that if her dreams about being a savior of mutantkind when she grows up are ever to come true she has to have knowledge of politics and how the world works. To achieve this aim, she sends her small golems to houses of politicians and members of local branch of “Friends of Humanity”, discovering many useful pieces of information in this manner.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Alfredo Rossi
Ethnicity: Italian
Powers: He’s getting older 4 times slower than normally

Xavier’s institute for gifted youngsters in the United States isn’t the only institution of this kind in the world. The Mancinis’ School for the Gifted in the suburbs of Rome is the Italian counterpart of it. Adriana Mancini being a mutant herself and having four children two of whom were mutants too decided with her husband to found a school which could help other young mutants to deal with their uncontrolled powers and with the world not willing to accept mutants walking among regular citizens. For Alfredo Rossi attending their school wasn’t a blessing like it was for many other young representatives of homo superior though. His mutation wasn’t a thing with which anything could be done – thanks to his X-Gene he gets older 4 times slower than ordinary people. His intellect is untouched, in this respect he is like every other man of 24, he isn’t a child mentally although his body looks like he was 6.

If not his mutation, Alfredo would be an average young man, ordinary in every respect. Born in a small town in southern Italy, he was the only child of his parents who very quickly realized he seemed to not get any older and took him to a doctor. Blood tests revealed the presence of the X-Gene and everything showed it was how it was manifesting itself in young Alfredo.

For many years he lived in his house, homeschooled and practically not going outside for his parents’ fear of mutant haters until when he was 15 his parents sent him to the Mancinis’ institute where he got his own room where everything was adapted to the small size of his body. He wasn’t treated seriously in there; other teens saw only a young child in him despite his intellectual and emotional development on the level of a teenager not a small kid; anyway his mutation was completely useless – it isn’t accompanied by any other abilities; he’s simply visibly not getting any older (maybe years later Alfredo will be grateful to mother nature for this gift) which not only would be useless in the battle but which causes him also a lot of problems in normal life. He wasn’t even able to take part in majority of trainings with others because of his body size.

He got some closer friends in school though. Together with his best friend Claudio (telepath) and his girlfriend Giovanna (teleporter) after graduation Alfredo left Rome for Milan. None of them is a bad person but they felt getting money with their abilities is the easiest way to get rich. They pretend a family – a young marriage couple with their 6 years old son. They are actually pretty average young people but they have a dream to found a firm thanks to money stolen by them which one day will become a powerful financial empire.

Personality: Alfredo is a quiet and serious man (well, a serious and quiet boy) by nature. He’s irritated that many things from an adult world are beyond his reach. He likes to pretend he’s only an innocent little boy among people. He sometimes takes pleasure in kids’ stuff like playing with toys but he isn’t childish. He likes cars and martial arts (he doesn’t train though). He tries to do everything to show his friends that he isn’t a little child who (like some malicious kids from school claimed) shouldn’t even call himself a true mutant) by learning new things and trying to behave seriously.

Looks: He has a plain face with dark, slightly wavy hair and dark eyes. He looks like he was 6, he’s slim.

gismo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2009, 10:30 am

Seriously, Irulan, some of these X-Men characters are AWESOME! What do you guys think about making a thread for making X-Men Characters?

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2009, 10:51 am

gismo wrote:
Seriously, Irulan, some of these X-Men characters are AWESOME! What do you guys think about making a thread for making X-Men Characters?

Thanks. :D Did you make any characters on your own? If so, post them in here too because nobody else seems to be very interested in creating their own X-Men characters. Which mutant of mine do you find the coolest? I have an aversion to Alfredo – in addition to his lame power, my synaesthesia makes me see him in disgusting greyish livid color and I hate this color with my whole heart :eew: .

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2009, 8:17 am

Name: Lucia Figueroa
Alias: Secretion
Classification: Beta mutant
Height: 159 cm
Weight: 45 kg
Hair: Black
Eyes: Golden
Skin: Blue
Powers: Ability to control all bodily fluids of other people and herself

Lucia Figueroa is a young mestizo woman who four years ago got status of one of the most popular singers in Colombia after joining “Mutie Girls”, the famous and controversial girlsband consisting of mutants. At 28 she’s the oldest and in the same time the only member of the band who can’t pass for a regular human.

Secretion was born looking like every baby but when she hit puberty her dark skin turned blue and her brown irises were replaced by the golden ones. In the same time she started to manifest the ability to manipulate all natural secretions human body is able to produce – blood, hormones, urine and stool, sweat, tears. This ability makes Lucia able to make people wild with pure animal lust, send them happiness or for a change, depression (thanks to monoamines manipulation) or a sudden need to look for a bathroom. Especially as a teen she used her powers in this way to take revenge on people commenting on her altered looks. Lucia needs not more than two or three seconds to do it but she has to be concentrated on one particular person because otherwise she’ll have only partial control over one’s bodily fluids .

Lucia Figueroa was born and raised in Ibague. Even before her mutation manifested itself, she knew how it is to be a member of a minority because both her parents were deaf. She has also a dizigotic twin sister but Lucia is the only one who turned out to be a mutant. Her sister is a singer too.

Lucia has many fans who are often found in front of her house not only because they want to get their favorite star’s autograph but also because they hope she’ll give them several hours of euphoric ecstasy through their hormones manipulation. In contrast to ordinary narcotics it doesn’t have any side effects and doesn’t turn people into junkies. Secretion’s mutant power works also on herself thanks to which she never feels bad, on the opposite. Actually, thanks to “Mutie girls” band’s popularity many Colombian teens pretend they are mutants themselves to impress their friends.

Lucia’s boyfriend who is a famous singer himself thanks to Lucia recently decided to come out as a mutant too which shocked his fans. His ability lets him generate some kind of cautious gas he has full control over.

Secretion has one reason more to enjoy her status of a famous popstar than ordinary celebrities because being wealthy and famous gives her protection from discrimination she’d be forced to endure if she was only an ordinary woman unable to hide her mutation. She was always a big fan of s-f movies and comics about people with paranormal powers so despite the price which was her altered looks, Lucia perceives her mutation as an amazing adventure and is glad that it has happened to her. Secretion is outgoing and likes good fun but she is a reasonable person who isn’t one of shallow minded stars of young generation like many other celebrities.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Konstancja Rychlicka
Codename: Ethereal
Classification: Alpha mutant
Affiliation: The Externals
Sex: Female (but she’s transsexual and perceives herself as a man trapped in female body)
Ethnicity: White/Polish
Height: 158 cm
Weight: 46 kg
Hair: Dark brown
Eyes: Grey
Skin: Pale (being born centuries ago when members of higher social classes were proud of their fair skin because it was a visible sign they were wealthy and didn’t need to work physically exposed to sunrays, Konstancja associates being tanned with something vulgar, with common rabble and she can’t get rid of this feeling)
Powers: Ability to open portals to other places in the world, immortality

Story: Konstancja Rychlicka belongs to the small group of immortal mutants known as the Externals which in practice means that in addition to her ability to travel all over the world through the portals to more or less distant places she’s able to open, she’s immortal. She was born in 1656 in Poland in the family belonging to impoverished szlachta*. Her father was later killed in Polish–Cossack–Tatar War** in 1668. Konstancja’s family was poor but proud. She was born physically female but she always felt a man with which obviously nothing could be done in that time. It caused a strong frustration in her because she didn’t know why she felt in that way.

In her middle teens she met a village “witch” and midwife and became her helper. Helping her produce mysterious potions and learning about natural medicine was an adventure to young Konstancja because being sheltered for all her life and not allowed to spend time with peasants due to her being of noble birth, the girl perceived it as a form of entertainment. After some time, the teen trusting her new friend didn’t keep her feeling a member of the opposite sex secret from her. The woman seduced her young helper which made Konstancja happy – living in that time she didn’t realize such a thing between two women (even if one of them actually didn’t feel one) could be even possible and she enjoyed the pleasant discovery it indeed was.

Her older friend and lover soon died of a plague though and Konstancja’s shock and despair after her death let her manifest her mutant power the nature of which she couldn’t understand back then. She discovered she could open portals to other places (as close as the other room but also even as distant as other continents) and having entered such a portal she could travel all over the world regardless of how far it was. The girl experimented with her powers but she was scared that it could be devil’s work - being only an uneducated and superstitious person living in 17th century when people still believed in witches and demons she couldn’t think any different.

After her only friend’s death she didn’t feel understood by anybody. Everything that time and place could offer her was boring existence as someone’s mother and wife. Konstancja left her family and started to travel through her portals, learning languages and never staying in one place for longer, pretending she was a man not only for safety but because she actually felt a man. She tried to look for any information about other people possessing supernatural abilities but it was difficult because even if such people existed, they did their best to hide it for fear of being killed by those who would think them to be witches or possessed by demons.

After some years Konstancja’s existence became known to the Externals who sensed this woman was one of them not knowing this herself yet. They met her, explaining she wasn’t the only one because there were also other people who could do things ordinary humans weren’t able to and that they who called themselves the Externals belonged to the very rare subspecies of them the representatives of which were characterized by the fact that their death was in the same time the beginning of something new because they came back from the dead to live eternally not getting old. She was one of them, they could feel it. Konstancja spent several next weeks with them and when she decided to trust them, she agreed to drink a poison which was to kill her activating her immortality in the same time. Having died, she woke up a few hours later discovering the Externals were right about her immortality indeed.

She joined them, traveling with them through the next centuries, visiting places where important events were just taking place, often not only as observers but also as the creators of modern history . From time to time she befriended ordinary mortals not telling them who she was.

In 1874 telepathy of Selene of the Externals detected a young mutant in the area Konstancja lived in. His name was Jesse Harding Pomeroy, later better known as “The Boy Fiend”, the youngest serial killer in the world. His power let him enter other people’s dreams and manipulate them which as it turned out later on, couldn’t help him get out of prison though. Konstancja trying to befriend the boy to gain his trust realized very quickly the teen was bad to the bone and wasn’t surprised when he was accused of killing children but she still had a strange weakness for this boy (he was one of the first mutants after all, he was one of her race) and for many years exchanged letters with him when he was in prison.

Konstancja Rychlicka isn’t as commonly known as other Externals, many mutants even don’t know about her existence. It isn’t so important to her as to the rest of the Externals to be perceived powerful and dangerous but like all of them she managed to obtain great wealth. She rarely takes part in their plots, preferring to keep to herself. In spite of her living in time when modern medicine could help her dreams come true she hasn’t decided to undergo a sex change surgery. Konstancja is a big fan of “Highlander” movies. She finds it funny that ordinary people don’t realize that immortals actually exist. She is one of the wisest Externals but also the most harmless one.

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Szlachta
**http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish-Cossack-Tatar_War_(1666-1671)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Kalombo Chanda
Mutant Name: Father of Demons
Classification: Delta mutant
Affiliation: His cultists
Height: 162 cm
Weight: 83 kg

Powers: Laying eggs containing some kind of astral entities thanks to which he’s able to amplify others’ feelings, possess his victims to some extent, make them experience hallucinations, he’s also able to get access to some form of limited psychometry and precognition thanks to their help.

Personality: One of the most characteristic traits of this young man is his desire of power and the need to control and dominate people. Acts of cruelty committed by him always have their reason so he can’t be called evil for the very sake of it. He’s simply very egoistic, ruthless and highly intelligent but he isn’t a psychopath. People easily let him play the role of their leader in everything.

Physical appearance: Kalombo is a short but very robust and well-built young black man with a wide face the features of which aren’t too finely chiseled. He almost never smiles. He’s usually dressed in black or dark green clothes.

Story: In modern Zambia where Christianity blends with local religions, old superstitions and beliefs are still alive. Kalombo Chanda was a young fan of Nietzsche’s works and black magic, a self-appointed leader of a local group of teenage satanists dreaming that one day he’d be able to summon dark powers to give them orders. Young Chanda’s parents were educated people living in a big city but his grandmother possessed the extensive knowledge of old African beliefs and willingly told the boy about them. When his mutation manifested itself, the excited teen was sure his wish to learn how to summon demons came true but later on he came to the conclusion that even if his new power seemed magical by nature, in fact the explanation of this phenomenon was pretty rational – he was a mutant. Blood tests he took confirmed this – he had the X-Gene indeed. He never devoted too much thoughts to mutants before but he was very happy to discover he was one of them – a member of the race of Ubermenschen, those who could do things beyond reach of possibilities of ordinary people. He never knew any other mutants so he was forced to discover limits of his power on his own. Father of Demons because it’s the name he gave himself is commonly known as a black magic freak and satanist but nobody would ever hit upon an idea he’s a mutant as well. Thanks to his powers the boy controls behavior of his teachers, family and friends whose leader he is to instill into them the belief he’s a real master of black magic, someone who should be respected.

The X-Gene endowed the Zambian mutant with a kind of long, thin pipe made of flesh, about 12 centimeters long, located half the distance between navel and genitals, using which he can lay eggs . Normally the pipe is safely hidden inside, looking like a small, round scar when the mutant doesn't pull it out. Father of Demons is able to lay about 10 eggs every day, laying one lasts about two minutes. His “offspring” comes out of the pipe in small eggs but soon after they have left an egg they have to be fed some organic material – even Kalombo’s drop of blood is enough; if they aren’t fed they instantly vanish into thin air. Even if fed properly though, they disappear after several hours.

Kalombo’s “demonic children” or “demons” as he likes to call them are beings consisting of pure energy looking like shreds of materialized darkness the size of a small child and of approximately humanoid shape. He can control them by giving them mental orders for they seem to be semi-sentient entities. Being at presence of those he chose to be his victims itself or possessing their bodies for a short time (an hour at best) they are a tool of control. Sending entities created by him to slide into the bodies of his victims (they don’t know about their presence in them then), Father of Demons can mentally amplify feelings those people experience – fear, love, admiration, sadness (mostly he’s concerned about feelings they have towards him, he wants to be admired and worshipped by others) but he can’t make them experience feelings they don’t have. His “demonic offspring” by being at presence of people itself absorbs their feelings and to some extents also thoughts so everything their “father” needs to do to get access to them is taking the “demons” into his own body. Thanks to this form of possession he’s able to feel and know this. Taking a “demonic child” into his body causes also that from time to time Father of Demons has visions of close past and future of people or places in whose proximity it has just been. Unusual “children” of Father of Demons can also excrete disgusting odors or create some kind of dust – those who are within the reach of the dust experience vivid hallucinations. The other kind of possession Kalombo is able to cause consists in making his victim sleep - while a demon takes control over one’s body which can last even an hour, the owner of this body can’t wake up, not reacting to any external stimuli. Kalombo used this many times to rape unconscious girls in hope they’d become pregnant with his babies who maybe would turn out to be mutants like himself to help him wipe humankind off the face of the Earth to replace ordinary humans with mutants.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Arina Petrova
Mutant Name: Omnipresent
Classification: Epsilon mutant
Ethnicity: Caucasian/Russian
Height: 175 cm
Weight: 70 kg
Hair: Light brown, slightly wavy
Eyes: All yellow, with slit pupils
Skin: Brownish green scaled reptilian skin, very rough and tough

Powers: Ability to enter the stream of collective unconsciousness of mutants, also (because of her altered physiology) slightly enhanced endurance, enhanced physical strength, accelerated healing and very tough skin, hard to pierce.

Personality: Arina is a woman endowed with clever mind which compensates for her lack of any formal education – before she arrived in Xavier’s she could read and write but it was everything. She’s a calm person with a solitary disposition and a philosopher’s mind. Many people compare her to young Ayn Rand. Even as a child she was distanced from her peers, more mature than they. Her cold and distanced personality and lack of sense of humor don’t mean Omnipresent isn’t a nice person to be with though – despite her poor and simple life in the past she’s simply very smart and sophisticated. Contrary to her unusual looks, reptilian features of her face, when it comes to her personality Arina is this kind of person whom you could more easily imagine as a young lady from the upper class playing the piano in her free time and entertaining guests with intellectual conversations rather than fighting rats in sewers. Omnipresent likes to be dressed in very smart clothes and jewels in every day life because their beauty is her compensation for her physical ugliness. She’s always helpful and polite to people. Arina Petrova herself doesn’t show any inclinations towards violence but life in Moscow sewers with other mutant outcasts taught her to be tough; she understands sometimes some things must be done for the greater good. She has literary and artistic talents.

Story: Arina Petrova spent her first 19 years of life in Moscow’s sewers where mutants whose looks betrayed them as those with the X-Gene in their genetic equipment found their place to live – the Russian counterparts of Morlocks. Her father was a deformed, lizard-like mutant, her mother was human, a homeless junkie earning a living with begging and prostitution. She joined the mutants, having accidentally discovered their place of living and lived with Arina’s father for some time, fascinated with his unusual appearance. When the girl was two, her mother died after overdosing on cocaine. Little Arina like all children born in there was raised by all members of the group consisting of several dozen people.

Young Arina inherited her father’s bodily deformations. With her brownish green scaled skin and a face resembling a muzzle she looked very lizard like and there was no way she could pass for an ordinary human being. For many years Arina herself and other inhabitants of the sewers thought it’s her sole power, that she was one of those who had simply physical mutations but one day a new power activated – the girl discovered she was able to sense all mutants in the world regardless of the distance separating them from her. She could keep mental contact with all of them not knowing any of them before – with an old man living in Sri Lanka whose powers let him visit the astral plane, with a little Italian boy getting older four times slower than ordinary people, with some blue-skinned Colombian teen… with all those who carried the X-Gene even if they didn’t know this yet. Arina started to call herself Omnipresent because her mutant gift gave her the ability to be present in the thoughts of all of her kind in the world. She didn’t even need to concentrate too much to locate mutants, to sense their feelings and thoughts, to say what powers they had; she couldn’t mentally communicate with them though. She could also sense the dead mutants living centuries ago – thanks to her power Omnipresent always knew where they lived and who they were. Just like Gamesmaster’s omnipathy caused him to be able to keep contact with all minds in the world via the astral plane, Omnipresent’s gift made it possible to her to enter, as she started to call it later when she discovered this term, the stream of the collective unconsciousness of mutantkind. Aside from this, Arina never had any conventional telepathic abilities like the ability to project her thoughts into others’ heads, to control human minds, her power doesn’t work on those who aren’t mutants either.

At 19 the girl decided to make good use of her unusual powers. She was already fed up with dirty sewers and wanted something more from life. Scanning Moscow with her power in search for others like her who could help her live normal life resulted in her finding mutant siblings living in the vicinity of the place which was her home for 19 years. Arina contacted them. It turned out they personally knew professor Xavier who, interested in the girl having this unusual subtype of telepathy took her to the United States. She is very helpful when it comes to locating mutants – while Xavier’s mind reading ability has its limits, Arina’s gift works differently, resembling Gamemaster’s in this respect – it places her in constant contact with every mutant being by way of the astral plane, even if they are already dead. Arina still learns how a real life looks like because having lived in sewers for so many years she was a bit like a savage when she arrived in the Institute.

:D

Confused-Fish
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2009, 4:46 pm

Your characters are great! I might try and make some of mine own later, at the moment there are too many ideas in my head for me to concentrate on it properly :? :P

Confused-Fish
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2009, 6:01 pm

Well here's my first attempt, the background story/bio is kinda basic and somewhat stereotypical of a thief character but w/e..

Name: Daniel Riley
Alias: Shadow / Jacob Barker
Ethnicity: Caucasian/English
Height: 6ft
Weight: 14.6 stone
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Black
Skin: White, tanned
Powers: Increased speed, strength, stamina, agility, healing and senses (sound, smell, sight etc) Also has the power to create the illusion of shadows running around.

Daniel grew up on the streets of east London as an only child, His father had died at war when he was very young and his mother was an alcoholic leaving Daniel to become independent at a young age. He discovered his powers at the age of 12, using them for petty crime such as small theft and vandalism as he grew older his talents came to the attention of several crime syndicates who would pay him to acquire/retrieve valuable "assets" for them under pseudo name of Jacob Barker, by the age of 22 he had become well known within the British under world and was starting to attract attention from clients overseas. His most noticeable talent is to create the illusion of shadows running around which he used to create distractions, confusion and panic which earned his the nickname of "Shadow" as tabloids started to frequently feature stories of security personal who claimed their employees had been robbed "a mysterious shadow". In recent years he has caught the attention of many law enforcement agencies worldwide and has made it onto the fbi's most wanted top 10. Law Enforcement are still clueless to his real identity or physical appearance, some have even suggested that he may not posses a normal physical body. Daniel Currently lives in Orlando spending most of his spare time on his yacht or looking after his collection of sports cars of which he has a huge interest.

Stories of his activities have also been used by various anti-mutant organisations trying to show that normal law enforcement is not enough to protect the public from mutants and that "firmer action" is needed to deal with mutants. He has also been bought to the attention of several mutant organisations and individuals including both Xavier and Magneto who have been trying to track him down and find out his identity in order to contact him.

Note: I made the picture with "hero machine 2.5" and edited background myself so that its transparent, It's a pretty awesome program that gives you a ton of choices for creating your own characters with millions of possibility's so id check it out if you want to put a face to your created characters.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2009, 8:11 am

I like your Shadow a lot although personally I’m not in favor of characters with enhanced physical attributes because I find it so run of the mill - practically every second comic character is like that. I know “hero machine” but I never made a character in there myself. :)

Confused-Fish
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2009, 10:33 pm

Thanks! :D Yeah I came across hero machine ages ago saw this thread, and well.. you know the rest :wink:

Yeah his physical attributes although more enhanced than a normal humans arnt suppose to be like "uber enhanced" or anything, just enough to give him an edge. The main defining idea about the character was supposed to be the shadow power which is supposed to give a sort of mysterious feel about him, almost mythical. wasn't going to do the physical enhancements but thought it would be better to do it aswell, now i think about i think it would of been better if he was normal & Maybe had a background of some kind of martial arts training *shrugs*

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2009, 11:15 pm

I have one (of sorts) in my novel
she is utterly insane lol