Page 7 of 7 [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2009, 10:14 pm

Magnus wrote:
If they are all hallucinating, I think that is significant and worthy of further investigation.

I concur, Helmsman.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2009, 10:23 pm

slowmutant wrote:
Magnus wrote:
If they are all hallucinating, I think that is significant and worthy of further investigation.

I concur, Helmsman.

Right, I mean, it's been noted that alien abductees are shockingly *not crazy* considering the apparent delusory nature of the abductions.

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2009, 11:45 pm

The abduction reports are pretty absurd. However, the abductees tend to be above average in intelligence and of sound mind. John E. Mack studied over 100 cases. He was a professor of psychology at Harvard. His clients underwent psychological scrutiny to rule out mental instability. All of them were considered sane. It was the abduction that had caused the trauma and "psychosis" perhaps.

John E. Mack's theory is that the abductions take place in the mind for the most part. There were only a few incidents where physical evidence supported their claims. Scars could show up from a mind/body connection so they might not be physical evidence. The aliens told all of his clients that the world would be destroyed soon. They all became environmentalists and or anti war activists. They revealed this to him under hypnosis.

There was another researcher who enlisted the support of psychologists who reported similar cases. His name is Budd Hopkins. I don't believe so many coincidences have no meaning.

-Pythagoras

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 12:37 am

Magnus wrote:
The abduction reports are pretty absurd. However, the abductees tend to be above average in intelligence and of sound mind. John E. Mack studied over 100 cases. He was a professor of psychology at Harvard. His clients underwent psychological scrutiny to rule out mental instability. All of them were considered sane. It was the abduction that had caused the trauma and "psychosis" perhaps.

John E. Mack's theory is that the abductions take place in the mind for the most part. There were only a few incidents where physical evidence supported their claims. Scars could show up from a mind/body connection so they might not be physical evidence. The aliens told all of his clients that the world would be destroyed soon. They all became environmentalists and or anti war activists. They revealed this to him under hypnosis.

There was another researcher who enlisted the support of psychologists who reported similar cases. His name is Budd Hopkins. I don't believe so many coincidences have no meaning.

Nor do I.

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 12:58 am

Thanks slowmutant. It's nice to have someone who agrees with me on something.

btw, isn't this the funniest thread:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt90878.html

-Pythagoras