Page 5 of 7 [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 1:46 pm

Sand wrote:

Quote:
This business of walls being permeable but floors not has always disturbed me about ghost stories. I have difficulty seeing how floors physically differ from walls in penetrability

That scene needs be put into a ghost movie parody.

-Pythagoras

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 1:51 pm

DeaconBlues wrote:
If it walks, it is subject to gravity.

If it can pass through walls, what keeps it from falling through the floor?

And why would anything come to Earth for our natural resources? The asteroids are rich in ores. The rings of Saturn are composed primarily of water ice and contaminants. Electricity comes free with sunlight. The only thing you can find on Earth that isn't just as abundant outside a gravity well is living organic matter (and its result, petroleum). Are these aliens flying across the galaxy in diesel-powered starships??

Let's face it, folks - if there are hyperintelligent alien beings with FTL capability, there's nothing that makes this little planet so special as to justify even coming here, much less kidnapping random less-than-credible individuals out in the back of beyond and sticking things up their butts...

Maybe humans make the best spaghetti with meatballs in the entire universe. The secret is the oregano and Parmesan in the tomato sauce.

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 2:33 pm

DeaconBlues wrote:
...much less kidnapping random less-than-credible individuals out in the back of beyond and sticking things up their butts...

Gawd, I could use some affection. :(

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 2:48 pm

Why is it that only the male abductees get anal probes? I still think that our imaginations contain the portal to the other dimension where these aliens reside. I also think that most males have an unconscious desire to have anal sex and so these "delusions" take the form of anal probes. Women don't have a g-spot in their rectum so that's why they don't have that sort of experience with the aliens.

-Pythagoras

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 3:09 pm

That's sort of a laughing matter really. How many abductees actually admit to an anal probing? I've spoken to few who believe that they were experimented upon, but they never speak about the atrocities of being violated anally. They usually speak of the message that the aliens are trying to spread.

Plus I knew women who liked it anal. The colon is lined with thousands of nerve fibres that men and women both enjoy.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 3:24 pm

Probe-ability topic

Wishful thinking by males. :P

If I had any hopes there might be little green men (no foffence to Alex's trademark for WP) they have been dashed.

There may yet be sentient beings found on other planets, but to think they resemble ET is more projecting of our base traits into the void. :alien:

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 4:31 pm

I haven't read any cases where women claimed to have anal probes but of the 50 or so cases that I have read regarding men who claimed to have been abducted, a large number of them reported to have had an anal probe. This apparently was very traumatic for them as they felt they had been raped.

As for women liking anal sex, I don't think that is as an unconscious desire as it is for males. Women don't have to suppress the desire to be penetrated.

-Pythagoras

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 6:01 pm

LOL! This is tragically hilarious.

Evil Lizards and Sex Slaves

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 6:39 pm

Sand: Have you noticed the fact that autotrophic terrestrial organisms, EVEN those that are multicellular, tend to have minimal complexity? The point being that unless they are abiotic sentient machines, we can saftely assume that Aliens are living organisms and DO share some of the very basic characteristics that comprise the definiton of life. I seriously call into question whether its even POSSIBLE for autotrophs to develop the biological complexity required for sentience. Intelligent ETs can be more or less GUARANTEED to be heterotrophic and its also very likely they reproduce sexually.

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 7:57 pm

Have you considered that our perception of life may be limited? For example, a fish thinks that the world is made of water. It perceives the world based on its senses. How can a fish describe the world above water? I think we have the same problem when trying to fathom the life beyond our world. The ET's reside outside of this realm.

It is possible that over 2 million people have already been abducted by aliens.

Here are 58 indicators that you may have been abducted, or that you may be mentally unstable. I don't know...

http://inchelsea.blogspot.com/2006/01/i ... e-you.html

-Pythagoras

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 11:10 pm

Magnus wrote:
Have you considered that our perception of life may be limited? For example, a fish thinks that the world is made of water. It perceives the world based on its senses. How can a fish describe the world above water? I think we have the same problem when trying to fathom the life beyond our world. The ET's reside outside of this realm.

Here are 58 indicators that you may have been abducted, or that you may be mentally unstable. I don't know...

To separate delusions from actuality in the matter of alien abduction seems to be beyond some of the posters. Until that can be managed I'll have to go with my assumption that they are all delusions.

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2009, 2:36 am

Sand wrote:
Magnus wrote:

To separate delusions from actuality in the matter of alien abduction seems to be beyond some of the posters. Until that can be managed I'll have to go with my assumption that they are all delusions.

The Aliens involved in alleged alien abductions seem to have an uncanny resemblence to embryonic humans......:rolleyes:
BTW Sand, see my previous post. :wink:

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2009, 2:43 am

Haliphron wrote:
Sand: Have you noticed the fact that autotrophic terrestrial organisms, EVEN those that are multicellular, tend to have minimal complexity? The point being that unless they are abiotic sentient machines, we can saftely assume that Aliens are living organisms and DO share some of the very basic characteristics that comprise the definiton of life. I seriously call into question whether its even POSSIBLE for autotrophs to develop the biological complexity required for sentience. Intelligent ETs can be more or less GUARANTEED to be heterotrophic and its also very likely they reproduce sexually.

Although sex is divided here on Earth into male and female there have been speculations by imaginative writers that it may be more elaborate elsewhere. When a planet reaches capacity for supporting life as is approaching rapidly on Earth it might be a wise ploy of evolution that it could require ten or more different sexes to produce an offspring. That could slow reproductive rates considerably.

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2009, 4:42 am

Sand wrote:
Haliphron wrote:

Although sex is divided here on Earth into male and female there have been speculations by imaginative writers that it may be more elaborate elsewhere. When a planet reaches capacity for supporting life as is approaching rapidly on Earth it might be a wise ploy of evolution that it could require ten or more different sexes to produce an offspring. That could slow reproductive rates considerably.

But WHY would there be any biological incentive for there to be more than 2 sexes? WHAT reproductive roles would the additional sexes fufill???

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2009, 6:50 am

Haliphron wrote:
Sand wrote:
Haliphron wrote:

But WHY would there be any biological incentive for there to be more than 2 sexes? WHAT reproductive roles would the additional sexes fufill???

This is all theoretical, of course, but a species that must adapt to different planetary environments and to the vacuum of space itself with different energy sources and chemical and atomic processes might require a different genetic input for each individual produced. I can visualize a group of individuals using each of their genetic inputs in a mosaic individual with unique capability.This is just off the top of my head and I'm sure more sophisticated outlooks would come up with more interesting reasons.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2009, 5:31 pm

Haliphron wrote:
Sand wrote:
Magnus wrote:

The Aliens involved in alleged alien abductions seem to have an uncanny resemblence to embryonic humans......:rolleyes:
BTW Sand, see my previous post. :wink:

I think a bigger hit to the credibility of alien abductees is that *what* precisely it is that abducts you seems to be a function of what country you live in, i.e. the experience is influenced by the culture of the abductee.