Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2009, 9:37 pm

For me, I would say the social interaction, most other things that are present, even the sensory issues, for me aren't as bad as the social. On top of that is the fact that I am still sentient and realize that I am not like everyone else, and unable to ever truly be like everyone else, and if I were not able to realize this and feel the difference it wouldn't be so bad. Anyways, the social aspects is the worst part for me. I do have some mild sensory issues, but for the most part, I can live with them. As for other things, I can't think of too many others right now, so they must not be that bad... As for special interest type things, that is the passion for which I live, so I would rate that as a good thing.

Americanaspergers
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Feb 2009, 9:43 pm

ANXIETY!! !! and currently believing everything I read or watch *youtube video's* and trying to convince myself that this is a symptom, I am "gullable" oh yeah, did I mention ANXIETY ATTACKS!

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2009, 9:45 pm

My worst trait is simply socializing and making friends in general. There's a lot of people I could be friends with if I were normal but my social skills are so bad, that I never seem to make any effort in making friends. I guess I'm suppose to be the one to ask to hang out but if they don't ask me, how am I to know if they really want to? I don't want to embarrass myself or be rejected so I never ask anyone. I can't pick up on any cues of people trying to befriend me. In the past, I've turned others away because I didn't think they really wanted to be my friend. Again, I couldn't tell if they were being sarcastic or serious.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2009, 9:49 pm

A need for routine, for myself. A lack of drive, for others.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2009, 10:21 pm

convincing the missus that it's not a 'crutch'....

Wurzel
Raven
Raven

13 Feb 2009, 10:41 pm

Definatley the brain fog is the worst aspect.

CyndiAn
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Feb 2009, 11:26 pm

The worst thing for me is not havig anyone to discuss my deeper thought with about the science that I love so very much.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2009, 11:27 pm

CyndiAn wrote:
The worst thing for me is not havig anyone to discuss my deeper thought with about the science that I love so very much.

Yeah, NTs seem to be scared off by deep thought, I have only met a few that like deeper thinking...

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2009, 11:28 pm

Socializing. What the hell am I supposed to do with this? Being around too many other people, especially strangers, is only disturbing, and I sometimes feel disturbed around people I know. I just want a simple life, food, a place of my own, and a car in the desert, and not have to be around too many other people too often.

CyndiAn wrote:

Oh yeah, and I'd like to keep doing science, too. I used to feel this way about sharing ideas with others, and lament about coming across poorly or being poorly understood. But nowadays I find explaining myself to others to be merely a taxing diversion, repeating things I've already said better in writing.

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

Last edited by sgrannel on 13 Feb 2009, 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2009, 11:30 pm

sgrannel wrote:
Socializing. What the hell am I supposed to do with this? Being around too many other people, especially strangers, is only disturbing, and I sometimes feel disturbed around people I know. I just want a simple life, food, a place of my own, and a car in the desert, and not have to be around too many other people too often.

Agreed! As long as I have a "safe" place to retreat to when I need to, I am happy.

Americanaspergers
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Feb 2009, 11:36 pm

Padium wrote:
sgrannel wrote:

Agreed! As long as I have a "safe" place to retreat to when I need to, I am happy.

Simple life, and my COMPUTER..and all is well. I hate socializing, and am very poor at it. It's not anything I want to do.. If someone would come over to my house, pretend they knew me all my life, and chill on the couch with me, and put in a movie or something,without acting weird, and snooty.. I might like them as a friend.. I hate small talk..

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2009, 11:48 pm

Prejudice. People get it into their heads that I'm "crazy" and think it gives them free license to do whatever they like.

Not everybody, of course. Actually, most people don't react that way. But there are enough jackasses in the world that I've had some pretty hard knocks out of it.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Dussel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2009, 11:50 pm

The worst aspect is for me not to catch up social clues. The other issues, like emotional instability or sensory issues I have since more 20 years extremely well in control.

I must admire it was in some respect an act of mental brutality against myself, but it was necessary to survive in a NT world - even was not aware about the underlining issue of being Aspie in a world of NTs. This act of self-restrain as a second "side effect": I am very quick in demanding from others to go the same way and have to easily very little understanding that others are not willing or in the position to do so.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2009, 11:53 pm

Quote:
What is the worst aspect of your ASD

that it never takes a holiday or a hike. It is always happening. It is pervasive. If you could just get out from under for a breather. . .

Merle

Maditude
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2009, 12:05 am

My worst aspect is my facial expressions. I often look like I am in pain or I am going to kill somebody. Sometimes I look aloof when I am paying attention.

"Vortex of Freedom" Radio Show
Saturdays 6PM Eastern - 5PM Central
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/maditude

Fickle_Pickle
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2009, 12:49 am

Having it when everyone expects me to be NT.