Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2009, 11:50 pm

I honestly think they were invented by someone who had sensory issues, because look at who they are perfect for... Great way to block out everything around you.

Americanaspergers
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Feb 2009, 11:58 pm

I NEED to get some of these for my kiddo... where can you buy them?

Maditude
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2009, 12:01 am

You can but them at Target or Radio Shack.

"Vortex of Freedom" Radio Show
Saturdays 6PM Eastern - 5PM Central
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/maditude

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2009, 12:07 am

Americanaspergers wrote:
I NEED to get some of these for my kiddo... where can you buy them?

Any electronics store should carry them, but it is almost impossible to hear anything other than whats playing on the headphones while you are wearing them.

Americanaspergers
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Feb 2009, 12:36 am

Thanks!! !! She has some issues with certain noises, so at least I can go get her some and she'll have the option of being completely miserable or wearing them :lol:

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2009, 1:26 am

Quote:
Noise cancelling headphones

... are very high on my list of Things To Buy As Soon As Possible.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2009, 1:35 am

I have noise cancelling headphones, my old ones got ruined, so im investing next month and buying the bose ones that are 170 dollars, but you can get ones like for ppl who shoot guns at like any loews or home depot or hardware store which work the same, and are like 15 dollars. Their def worth any money though, for me i just use my ordinary headphones everywhere i go, but any place loud enough i need noise cancelling headphones or i go into a serious headbanging session.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2009, 12:30 pm

The one problem am have with NCHs is they dont block out enough and the way they work just adds to the problem,am find them impossible to cope with but they are an obvious help to some,developmental audiologists recommend them for the 'sensory accute'.

am always used yellow 'deluxe' B and Q ear defenders with ear plugs until recently [the part they called 'deluxe' was the fiddly padded headband which ended up eaten off [nothing deluxe about them anyway],those werent great,and the padding in the ears always wore down too quick.
the ones am got a few weeks ago are extremely awesome,they're designed for people who stand next to airplanes and other major noise things like that-they're Peltor's Optime III hi-viz:
they are intelligent sort of ear defs they are selective with what is allowed in,they only allow one at a time,so not get overloaded with sounds,and only the voice of someone next to self so are able to hear them speak easily,good ear plugs underneath can block everything completely if that was wanted.

the uk,austrailia and anywhere else that has a NHS should give ear defs/NCHs/ear plugs free like they do with hearing aids for the opposite end of the hearing spectrum,it's about time that the extreme opposite to deafness/HoH was understood better.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!