Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

letsGoBlues
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Oct 2004, 6:51 pm

I pretty much hate my job. Im a cashier at Home Depot. It can be stressful on weekends, and odd hours. Also they have been cutting hours at my store. next week gave me 17 hours. 8O 8O When I work around 32 hours on average. I might go back to school next year but until then I need money. I want to stick around till Dec so when the college chick comesback I can ask her out. What a major hottie.

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2004, 7:10 pm

I love my job, it is stressful on its own but it is great. I'm a stay at home mom. :)

letsGoBlues
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Oct 2004, 7:30 pm

MishLuvsHer2Boys wrote:
I love my job, it is stressful on its own but it is great. I'm a stay at home mom. :)

At least you get to stay home all day. If I could have a dream job it would be a hurricane forecaster making forecast tracks for hurricanes and giving them the proper status unlike NHC which screws up all the time.

spacemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2004, 7:31 pm

I just quit my job last week. It was a sales job and I hated it. There was an overwhelming amount of chit chat among everyone, and I was starting to really be seen as an outsider. I learned a lot while working there (6 years) and finally concluded that if I am to be happy, I must find a more suitable career. It was alright when I first started, because everyone just thought I was very shy. But as the years went on they realized I had no interest in being buddies with everyone and climbing the ladder. I really had nothing against them, but this made everyone begin to dislike me. I could have transferred out to another branch, but I am not interested in repeating that whole cycle with new people. I feel incredibly liberated now and I am planning on moving back home for a while to focus on my painting. Then maybe I will learn to drive a truck or something if necessary.

letsGoBlues
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Oct 2004, 7:44 pm

ware4 wrote:
I just quit my job last week. It was a sales job and I hated it. There was an overwhelming amount of chit chat among everyone, and I was starting to really be seen as an outsider. I learned a lot while working there (6 years) and finally concluded that if I am to be happy, I must find a more suitable career. It was alright when I first started, because everyone just thought I was very shy. But as the years went on they realized I had no interest in being buddies with everyone and climbing the ladder. I really had nothing against them, but this made everyone begin to dislike me. I could have transferred out to another branch, but I am not interested in repeating that whole cycle with new people. I feel incredibly liberated now and I am planning on moving back home for a while to focus on my painting. Then maybe I will learn to drive a truck or something if necessary.

Do you have hot chicks where you work?

spacemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2004, 11:33 pm

Not many hot chicks there! :wink: mostly old men

letsGoBlues
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Oct 2004, 11:40 pm

ware4 wrote:
Not many hot chicks there! :wink: mostly old men

Where do you work?

spacemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2004, 2:43 pm

It's kind of like home depot, but only for electrical things.

letsGoBlues
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2004, 3:02 pm

ware4 wrote:
It's kind of like home depot, but only for electrical things.

Retail sucks. This chick I want to ask out though is a babe. I want to get her in bed. :lol: I told my Phychatrist about my job and he says find another one.

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2004, 5:57 pm

can't help but notice you seem to have a thing about 'hot chicks'.

this site may be a good place for you to get it out of your system...

http://www.kfc.com/

:twisted:

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2004, 6:03 pm

is there the slightest chance that you will NOT reply to a post with something about hot chicks, letsogoblues?

it's getting more dreary and offensive by the minute.

V

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2004, 6:51 pm

Oh please get a clue.
When we tell you it's true,
That it makes us women sick
When we hear the words 'hot chick'.

animallover
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2004, 1:50 pm

Ok - I'm going to go back on topic (thought the KFC link did make me laugh) . . .

I really enjoy my job - I'm a police/911 dispatcher - and everyone tells me what a horribly stressful job it is and I don't think it is at all . . . I think that they should hire for people with AS - because, though I do respect that the people I talk to are having a really hard time when I talk to them and I actually get a full mental image of the environment they are in when they are describing it to me, I am better able than most people (proven by my reviews and the fact that I've gotten merit days off in record time) to say 'Ok - I know your ex is at the front door with a gun, but if you don't tell me where that front door is, I can't send the police . . .' - my ability to information gather without any REAL emotional connection to the information I'm getting is a big asset . . .

That is not to say that the occassional call doesn't get under my skin, but it happens to me FAR less than to other people - at least the ones on my shift . . .

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2004, 2:05 pm

agree, animallover - it has been proved that people who have very low empathy are better at empaths in those sort of situations (there was a programme on BBC Radio 4 in the UK about it). i do a lot of counselling and psychotherapeutic stuff in my job (and unofficially), and it's a huge bonus to be able to access and analyse what's going on for people without suffering from what's called "personal distress" - i.e., joining in with the emotional horror the other person is going through. even if they're flinging themselves all over the place, i can still remain calm and detached.

seems people with AS are "useful" in some emotional situations after all. :)

V

animallover
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2004, 11:52 pm

I tried to do counseling for a while in college and I found that most people didn't want solutions to their problems but only wanted to talk about their problems - since my goal in life is to find solutions, I didn't do well with counseling - but this would also depend on the theory that you were using - when I was in college humanism was all the rage . . .
The other thing that didn't go well was about 30 minutes into a 1 hour session I would be thinking 'Damn, I wish they would stop whining and go away . . .'
This is not the attitude a therapist should have . . . :lol:

I really enjoy the way that I am able to help people now, since it is VERY useful, but not in any way anything like a long term relationship . . .

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2004, 4:30 am

absolutely agree, animallover!

i'm often doing something else when people are talking about their problems on the phone - well, they need someone to listen, i "listen" and so it's still good for them.

i'm solution-based as well, but people, as you say, don't always want solutions, just a listener. i often bite my tongue..... i've learned a variety of useful phrases.

V