Any other aspiring (pun not intended) filmmakers?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

StutteringDave
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Feb 2009, 3:49 am

I'm currently going to film school at Biola University, with an emphasis on screenwriting.

skybluepink
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Feb 2009, 5:50 am

I've written 3 screenplays. That's not something I normally mention because it makes me sound like a loser. So far no luck selling any of them but best of luck to you. Perhaps you can let me know where I'm going wrong? :wink:

I could never go to film school though - I like the part about writing that involves sitting in a room on my own. I should be a natural....

Arcanyn
Toucan
Toucan

15 Feb 2009, 6:17 am

I've always wanted to make some films of my own. I've written a few and planned a few more, but they always run into the problem of having more characters in them than people I know, which is somewhat irritating, as apparently it turns out that films tend to work better when they have actors in them. It's somewhat infuriating.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 8:19 am

I've been writing scripts for a few years (non-professionally), every time I meant to write fiction I ended up writing loads of dialogue, so I kind of tend to stick to the screenplay format now.

studying filmmaking used to be my biggest dream, but I got over the fact that I'll never be able to afford it so I'm just hoping to one day be successful with writing and maybe one day help produce something.

NonlinearLuke
Raven
Raven

20 Feb 2009, 8:45 pm

I have a Bachelors in Film from the University of Pittsburgh. The degree is more like an English Literature degree though. You watched movies and then you wrote papers on them. I took some filmmaking classes. I took Filmmaking I and Intermediate filmmaking. I had to sync sound and edit the film. I didn't get to make any great works of art though since I was short on time and had other classes to worry about (papers, exams, etc.). I took two screenwriting classes. I still desire to be a filmmaker but I am far from having enough money. I plan on eventually saving up enough money to move to LA or New York.