positive experiences of having been here for a week

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Marco67
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Feb 2009, 4:07 pm

Although I'm still not (entirely) sure of being an Aspie, I can tell you this much:
1. One positive thing that I see about having discovered the existence of AS last week and getting here on this forum is that I've been thinking about myself for a whole week, and that's something that I hadn't really done for years.
2. The other positive thing is that I have learned there's actually a large number of people in the world who don't fit in socially while so far I supposed I was pretty much alone in that. So I feel less lonely.
3. And most importantly, everyone who responded on my questions and comments, was very nice! In fact in as far as I've seen, you're all very nice people.

By the way, this is not a goodbye message, I'm pretty sure I'll stay here for a while. But during the week my contributions will be far less frequent.

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2009, 5:04 am

Marco67 wrote:
Although I'm still not (entirely) sure of being an Aspie, I can tell you this much:
1. One positive thing that I see about having discovered the existence of AS last week and getting here on this forum is that I've been thinking about myself for a whole week, and that's something that I hadn't really done for years.
2. The other positive thing is that I have learned there's actually a large number of people in the world who don't fit in socially while so far I supposed I was pretty much alone in that. So I feel less lonely.
3. And most importantly, everyone who responded on my questions and comments, was very nice! In fact in as far as I've seen, you're all very nice people.

By the way, this is not a goodbye message, I'm pretty sure I'll stay here for a while. But during the week my contributions will be far less frequent.
I haven't read your posts yet, Marco (I'm an on and off again poster), but it's cool that you take a moment to think about yourself and about this forum and what it might mean to you and to a lot of others. Why be lonely by yourself if you can be lonely together? :)

HOPE to see more of your posts in the future. Glad you think the forum is cool after only a week of posting.

misslottie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Feb 2009, 6:14 am

hi marco! :D

glad you feel so postive.

the best thing ive found is that i feel less weird- as tehre are so amny other people with the same weirdness!
all the teeny, tiny but very weird things i would never thought to relate to asperger's come up in as discussions- eg- hating being hugged, or hating being around other people etc- which are mentioned less in official dscriptions or not at all.
so im not mad after all- its aspergers!

MegaAndy
Toucan
Toucan

16 Feb 2009, 9:25 am

thats what i felt on my first week (apart from the suspected AS i knew i had it anyway) everyone is very positive here its brilliant :D