Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

toonaspie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Dec 2005, 9:46 pm

Hello everyone, I am a struggling 22 year old female college student whose bound for a dead end life, especially since I cant drive a car. I make enemies easily and I have few friends who are willing to stick around and be non critical/judgmental of me. Of course I have yet to meet one person who ever thought anything good of me upon first meeting me. Such is my life. I thought about joining this group before but the massive amount of stuff, topics, and members intimidated me. Thought I'd give it a shot though.

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2005, 10:00 pm

Hey I'm a 24 year old male college student.

Welcome to WrongPlanet!

What are some of your interests? If you can find some common ground with some of the members you will probably feel much less intimidated. This is a very welcoming group.

-Keith AKA lowfreq50

alex
Developer
Developer

21 Dec 2005, 10:14 pm

toonaspie wrote:
Hello everyone, I am a struggling 22 year old female college student whose bound for a dead end life, especially since I cant drive a car. I make enemies easily and I have few friends who are willing to stick around and be non critical/judgmental of me. Of course I have yet to meet one person who ever thought anything good of me upon first meeting me. Such is my life. I thought about joining this group before but the massive amount of stuff, topics, and members intimidated me. Thought I'd give it a shot though.

Welcome! The fact that you said that about a car makes me think you must not live in a big city where its faster to get places by walking or riding a bike or taking the subway. I'm glad you've finally decided to chime in 8)

danlo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2005, 11:21 pm

Yes, welcome toon! I'm sure it's not as bad as all that. I attended one year of university and didn't pass a single thing. What are you studying? At any rate, I hope you get to like and enjoy WP! (Just don't take it too seriously, because we're among some of the most judgemental people around, at least I am.)

hermit
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Dec 2005, 11:23 pm

I think you'll find being a member here will make you feel better...

I feel better and it's only been two days.

And: Hello! No need to be afraid of the hermit, feel free to talk as you will.

beentheredonethat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2005, 12:56 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet Toonaspie.
We've all been where you are at one time or another. Think you'll like it here.
Regards,
Beentheredonethat

oatwillie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Dec 2005, 7:16 am

Hey toonaspie! Welcome!

Sacred Cows make the tastiest hambuger.

visualize whirled peas

Astarael
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2005, 7:46 am

Hey, glad you're giving it a go here! :) It will get less intimidating as you get used to it :wink:

Klytus
Toucan
Toucan

22 Dec 2005, 9:34 am

Hello, toonaspie. Welcome to WP.

With a name like toonaspie I'm guessing you might be from Newcastle-upon-Tyne?

I don't drive a car either. I find that since I live in a big city I get by without having to. But I can't say what it would be like for other people.

Have you taken driving lessons?
I have passed my test, but I haven't driven since. I passed my test at 22. I remember that many of the kids at my old school were driving by 18.
I wasn't diagnosed till I was 25. I remember feeling very frustrated before I was diagnosed about the fact that I didn't drive. The thing was I had nowhere in particular to go, and since I couldn't drive I didn't go anywhere.

The fact that I didn't drive seemed to be yet another thing that set me apart from my peers, and that I couldn't explain. I still don't drive, but it's less of a concern for me now.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2005, 10:28 am

I don't drive now because my license was suspended :oops: (and has now expired) and my car is dead.

But WELCOME, toon. We're glad you've started posting. :D :D :D

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2005, 12:47 pm

Hey get to know us and then youll see your not a loser (that came out wrong didnt it.)

Vote for me in 2020 :-D

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2005, 2:58 pm

Hi. Welcome to Wrongplanet!

Could you be non-verbally learning disabled perhaps?

Regardless, I hope you enjoy posting here!

BrainShine
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Dec 2005, 9:35 pm

Toonaspie!

First of all, you are not a pathetic looser--you are one of the most skilled writers I have seen. Second, you HAVE met someone who's thought good of you from the moment they met you: ME!

When I first me you back in Mr. Love's class, I thought "Well, there's a nice and happy person!" And nothing you have ever told me or done, or ever will, will make me think less of you. SO THERE!

Oh, and uh...welcome to WrongPlanet.com...though you invited me here...so I basically spammed your thread...enjoy!

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2005, 10:38 pm

Hi, Toonaspie!

I'm 31 years old and don't have a driver's license much less a car. And the only time I did take the road test, I failed it by running a stop sign......in the parking lot. :lol:

Don't feel like you're a loser just because you haven't gotten everything society says you need to be a "decent" human being. That's just society's need to catagoritize everyone into "losers" and "winners" and this has absolutely nothing to do with reality. Who you are has nothing to do with how much money/fame/material stuff you have but how much character you have within you, which, from what you've said so far, you obviously have plenty.

Larval
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2005, 11:32 pm

Welcome!

You sound just like us. I think you will fit in here just fine.

BTW do you really need a car - a bike is good enough for most trips (if you are healthy that is). Unless you are going some place really far, in which case a train or rail will get u faster anyways.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2005, 10:43 am

Klytus wrote:
Hello, toonaspie. Welcome to WP.

With a name like toonaspie I'm guessing you might be from Newcastle-upon-Tyne?

That's the first thing I thought when I saw the name as well but is actually from Indiana according to the location text.

toonaspie,
is there a fairly okay public transport system in the area?
If so,do not see not being able to drive or not having a car as a problem because many people don't.
The Amish,for example,don't own them.

There are other alternatives to cars like bikes:- motor or non motor,mountain/manual type bikes; the latter being a healthier alternative plus they are easier to get through traffic but the bad point about them is cyclists are often treated nastily by impatient drivers.
Motorbikes would be better because they could go further,

If not very financially well to start with,having a car would be adding to the problem because of car cost,insurance costs,MOTs exetera.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!