Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

-x-x-ANONYMOUS-x-x-
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Feb 2009, 5:57 am

I was diagnosed with Asperger's and ADHD a few days ago now and I was prescribed the 18mg of Retalin, they really made me feel confident and happy yet more content in myself and motivated, and theo ther day I felt like taking an overdose, I thik it was because of family issues (my Dad mostly).
And anywayI started to take alot and drink alot of tea and I stayed up on the second day whereI believed that I should tae an overdose and go into hospital because I 'knew' that I would not die anbd that I would change into something better and confident, yeah, this is where I started to dlip into a fantasy world, I stayed up on the third day and I realised that I hadnt eaten or slept, and I started to thinkt hat I had an alter-ego and that I had a personality disorder, by that night I totally lose it and I went abit pshychotic in my mind ( I think I took about 30 snce I started), then the effect just stopped and I felt myself getting back in touch of the real world, I ate apacket of crisps and wmanaged to fall asleep, it is now the next morning and I the effect has worn off but I feel nothng, I feel as though I got back into the realworld but I cant find myself, I have no interest in anything, I love music but I listen to it now and I feel no pleasure from it, I kow that this is really weird post and I havnt maed myself articulate, but please tell me that this is temporary, I am only 16 and I havnt told my Mum...

please someone talk give me advice about this who has been in the same situation?
Dont tell me that I was stupid to do it because I know

Dussel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2009, 6:06 am

I do not have experience with overdose of Ritalin, but I do have some experinece with Meth and the aftermath. Perhaps it helps:

1) Drinking: No alcohol, but plenty of water. Caffeine dehydrates and helps to swallow the drug out the system - but you need add constant water (or juices).

2) Salt: Eat a little bit salty. This process brings the electrolyte-balance out of order. You need add some salt.

3) Depression: Keep a low profile, stay in a niece place (with me it was the bed) and remember if the depression gets to strong: It is not you, it is the drug.

4) Eating: Eat something which is nice in the mouth: Noodles are fine with me, but also just bread soaked in milk.

---

I do not know how long it is with Ritalin, but I normally struggled at least three day; one of the reasons why do not use this drug anyway. The few experiences are enough.

kalantir
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2009, 12:11 pm

Dussel's experience with meth is very relevant. Ritalin is very similar in chemical structure and has similar effects on the body and mind. It's more or less just a legal form of speed. Perhaps a little cleaner since you can be sure its not being made in someones bath tub(I know meth isn't actually made in a bathtub, its just a figure of speech) . I know when I was younger my teachers wanted to have me put on Ritalin and my dad wouldn't allow it because he knew how similar it is to drugs like meth. Personally I am glad for it. If i was you, I'd do some research on it and decide whether or not you even want to be taking it.