Page 6 of 7 [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Wobbuffet
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Aug 2010, 4:35 pm

Haha! I thought this was just me. :?

I get it loads when I go to the city. I'll be walking up the street and I'll keep seeing people staring at me...not like they're laughing at me or something, they're looking the way someone would look if they just saw a celebrity when they really weren't expecting it.

I don't think I'm very good-looking, so maybe I just look like some small-time sports player or something. :P

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2010, 5:09 pm

Yes.

I get a lot of: "you look like so and so, or you look familiar , were you ever at......?"

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2010, 7:00 am

:roll: Try living in South Korea. Even though I'm half Korean, I got stared at no matter where I went. It's rude to stare. I hate it when kids stare. I want to give them dirty look or say what the h you staring at? I would tell Koreans in Korean to stop staring and what is their deal but it just shocks them.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

ScottyN
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Aug 2010, 11:36 pm

I get stared at alot also. I am used to it by now, but always wonder what it is about me that makes people stare, even when I am doing nothing.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2010, 9:59 am

I feel confused because I get people walking into me or stepping on top of me like I'm invisible, yet they stare at me like I'm some sort of glowing light.

NTs are pretty ignorant really.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2010, 10:15 am

I am usually rather dishevelled so I get stared at quite a lot. Especially as I can't breathe through my nose (due to a structural defect inside my nose) and I have an odd walk. I manage by staring at the floor as I walk

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2010, 12:56 pm

I stare at the ground because I'm scared I might trip over on uneven ground. I don't know how other people manage to hold their head up and stare ahead and not trip. NTs seem to have eyes like a fly.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2010, 1:04 pm

People stare at me, because they're jealous of my good looks. Not many people out of England look like Mick Avory. 8)

thehandmedown
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Oct 2010, 5:00 pm

Yes, this is annoying. I dont like being watched

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 1:09 pm

I'm fed up with people staring at me now. I don't like it, and until I find out why they always look, I am not going to stop worrying about it. Once I've noticed what really bothers me, nothing in the world can make me ignore it, until I find a reason as to why it's bothering me. That's the way my mind works.

Today I was running a stall at a Christmas market with some friends of mine, and there was a lot of people there (obviously). There were some Husky dogs nearby, on a lead, and one of my friends said, ''aww, look at those huskies - aren't they beautiful?'' And I turned round and looked at them (so did my other friends), and as people walked by (between me and the dogs), all of them looked right at me, not any of my friends, who were standing around me. And I wasn't looking at the people, but as they passed, I sensed that they were staring at me, and so I quickly glanced at their eyes and I got it exactly right - they were looking at me. But I didn't see them looking at any of my friends. So why the f**k were they looking at ME for???! !! :evil: :wall:

-I was standing in the middle of a crowd of NTs who were my friends, so my weirdness couldn't have stood out that much (even though I wasn't even acting or looking weird)
-It was very cold, so I was wearing my trendy coat, hat, scarf, gloves, skinny jeans and expensive boots, so it wasn't what I was wearing
-I was standing up straight and looking normal and cool, so it wasn't how I was standing
-I was smiling and looked (and felt) relaxed, and had a social expression on my face so it wasn't how I was looking

It was such a busy market - surely tiny invisible vibes from a silly young woman ain't really going to draw everyone's attention when in a hectic market with lots of music and things going on. I thought it was only people on the spectrum who notice tiny details? NTs seem to know the world's tiniest details, when passing me - my vibes, which surely wasn't noticable in that kind of atmosphere, especially when I was dressed up presentable and with a crowd of other people. I mean, come on!

Morgana
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 1:40 pm

Maybe you were looking beautiful. If you were wearing trendy clothes, well, NTs like trendy clothes.....

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 3:01 pm

Morgana wrote:
Maybe you were looking beautiful. If you were wearing trendy clothes, well, NTs like trendy clothes.....

Very true. That's what my mum and my aunt say to me. They say to me, ''just because people are looking at you, doesn't mean they are looking at you 'cos you're weird. They're most probably looking at you 'cos you're pretty or looking cool or anything positive like that.''

Sometimes people look away from people who look weird. There's a man who lives down my road, and he wears the same really filthy clothes every day and he really stinks of that skanky unwashed smell, and his hair is greasy - and he lives in a nice house, so he has hot water in the tap, and he's always seen shopping in supermarkets so he's not hard up. But I see people turn away when he walks by.

So I should really try to take people looking at me as a compliment, because if they turned away from me, that might mean I look uncool. :lol:

Morgana
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 3:27 pm

Joe90 wrote:

So I should really try to take people looking at me as a compliment, because if they turned away from me, that might mean I look uncool. :lol:

Yes, I agree.

I´ve had a similar experience. When I was younger, I rarely looked at people, so I had no idea if they were looking at me or not. At some point though, as an adult, I began to notice that people were looking at me. I noticed in public, in particular men would look at me, and their faces looked "hard", I thought; in other words, I assumed they were looking at me in anger, or because they hated me. I became upset by this, and I even sometimes stared them down, with an equally "hard" look, just to prove that I was not intimidated by them- (even though I was). But at some point- at an embarrassingly late age- it finally occurred to me that they might be looking at me due to interest, or attraction. So I don´t know how my staring them down played into things. I do notice that my reactions tend to throw people off, they don´t quite know how to take me. I guess because I misinterpret things, and then don´t play along with their social game. :lol:

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 5:04 pm

Well, men give me complimental looks, women give me offending looks, as though they are either judging me, or trying to figure out something.

Aspieallien
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Dec 2010, 6:07 pm

Yes, people stare at me at times, even young kids, this really angers me. I have become so enraged with it of late that I have made a point of staring dack.

If I see anyone is stareing at me I will stare them straight back in the face and continue to stare until they look the other way. It is important that you don't look the away yourself. Force them to look away otherwise they win. I have only started doing this of late out of anger, just had enough of it I guess. It is quite hard to start with, as I always looked away and at the ground, but it works and becomes easier the more you stand up.

If you don't stare back you are saying it is OK to stare at me, go for it. When you do stare back you are saying %#$% OFF, you will not stare at me and I will stand up to you. It feels great when you make them look away. next time you see the same people again they no longer stare. :lol:

AbbieJay
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Dec 2010, 7:19 am

Wow, I thought it was just me, too. Or maybe the area. There are strange (well, stranger than me) people around here. It's like they have been in a locked box, under the ground for 12 years, just got out, and they're just so happy to look at everyone. Lol. But anyways, no one seems to notice it but me. I guess I never really considered the fact that I could be imagining it but it creeps me out. At least I'm not the only one! :lol: