Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 10:23 am

Mother Says Ex-Teacher's Aide Sent Inappropriate MySpace Messages

POSTED: 7:37 am PST February 13, 2009
UPDATED: 8:08 am PST February 13, 2009

VANCOUVER, Wash. -- A former teacher's aide in Vancouver resigned recently amid an investigation into whether she sent sexually suggestive MySpace messages to a 13 year-old student.

The teacher's aide worked with special needs students at Cascade Middle School. The mother of the 13-year-old boy said her son has Asperger's syndrome, a form of autism, which she said made the boy an easy target for a grown woman.

The mother, who spoke on camera but is only identified as Michelle, said she discovered a string of messages on her son's MySpace page that listed a date of Dec. 1:

Dec. 1, 4:29 p.m.: "How I wish u were older… pretty much. Or I was younger… U know. OMG I'm totally freaking that I just typed that. Ur just so damn cute. Hard as hell to deal with."
Dec. 1, 4:33 p.m.: The boy responded: "That doesn't freak me out. I feel the same way but hey I'm 13 so y wouldn't I know, u know."
Dec. 1, 5:43 p.m.: "Shut up, you're a hottie with a naughty body. Deal with it. I'd do yuh. Ha. Wanna spoon?"

Michelle said the person writing the messages was her son's special education teacher's assistant at school. She immediately filed a police report and took the issue to the school district. She said nothing happened.

Jerry Piland, the executive director of human resources, said the messages "clearly cross the boundary of anything appropriate between a staff member and a student."

Piland said the teacher's assistant was not fired because she resigned for personal reasons as the district began to investigate the allegations.

"If someone goes ahead and resigns before you finish your investigation, you don't terminate somebody who doesn't work for you anymore," Piland said.

Vancouver police said they were investigating the case, but no charges have been filed.

"They told me that nothing illegal had transpired. There was no crime; therefore, she couldn't be prosecuted," Michelle said.

Officers said they couldn't comment on the details of the case because it's still under investigation.

http://www.kptv.com/news/18707966/detail.html

http://www.kptv.com/video/18707410/index.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ewww

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 10:26 am

Urg. Is she really that stupid, or was she dumbing her messages down for him????

Hottie with naughty body???????????????????????????

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 11:19 am

Something is very wrong here. I think that an adult working in the education sector should not make advances to a student who is much younger than themselves, let alone a child. I work at a university and I would never consider trying to seduce a student, it is very very wrong.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 12:27 pm

Woodpecker wrote:
Something is very wrong here. I think that an adult working in the education sector should not make advances to a student who is much younger than themselves, let alone a child. I work at a university and I would never consider trying to seduce a student, it is very very wrong.
Yes it is. But it's even mroe wrong because she took advantage of a special ED student.

demeus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 12:50 pm

This is wrong on so many levels.

18 Feb 2009, 3:47 pm

This didn't happen very far from where I live. I lived near that school when I was a kid.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 8:13 pm

It is embarrassingly easy to become a special needs classroom aide in most of the US. Take a tuberculosis test, sign a bunch of paperwork, get a criminal background check, maybe sit through a short interview, and you're in. The job is so low paying that they grab people off the street. In tough times, people line up for the jobs. There is no special training required, unlike becoming a teacher. Here in Sacramento, they usually hire immigrants who were teachers in their home countries for the job. But even then they have shortages.

I'm surprised that there isn't a scandal a week in every city over some aide hired off the street having sex with kids. If you get caught, turn in your ID badge and you're not pursued. The parent usually has to raise a stink for anything to happen. In ghetto districts where parents work three jobs and/or are on drugs and/or have criminal records themselves, there's zero recourse. The media won't listen to a crack addicted black woman with six kids. The state of special education here is a huge scandal, but nobody cares. Teachers are on the bottom of society, schools are chronically underfunded and decrepit, so nobody cares. The rich send their kids to private schools. The poor suffer.

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 1:30 am

ShadesOfMe wrote:
Urg. Is she really that stupid, or was she dumbing her messages down for him????

Hottie with naughty body???????????????????????????

I'm seriously more disturbed that someone that idiotic is a teacher in the first place. What kind of adult actually uses ur and omg?

But I guess when you're trying to seduce a child... :roll:

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 2:28 am

that is seriously wrong. what the hell was that woman thinking?!

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 4:07 am

She better do her stuff with others, not at a student, man

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 3:24 pm

MizLiz wrote:
I'm seriously more disturbed that someone that idiotic is a teacher in the first place. What kind of adult actually uses ur and omg?

But I guess when you're trying to seduce a child... :roll:

As I noted, practically anybody can be a teacher's AIDE, not a teacher but a classroom aide, in most of the US. This "adult" was likely in her early-mid 20s. This is what the American fascination with older women sleeping with younger men has come to-if you are TOO young of a woman, say 24, simply rape a 14 year old boy. :roll: :evil:

UndercoverAlien
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 3:30 pm

how old whas she? because a grown up women could be 20-110 lol...

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2009, 12:48 am

I'm not the only person who says +1 to the teacher and we need more teachers, rite :P

oh wait most people who posted here were female :P