Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Emo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Feb 2009, 6:43 pm

If You Know What A School Is, If Not Get A Brain, I Think That School Is A Load Of Crap. I Mean, At School, They Only Teach You Things You Allready Know. Its Like 10th Grade Their All "2+2=4 Duh". You Know, At About 3 In The Afternoon, We Could Go There And They Could Be All, "Yea So Go Home, Go On Wikipedia, And Search : Blah Blah Blah." And That Would Be Cool. Does Anybody Agree?

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 7:41 pm

Paul Simon, "Kodachrome"

"When I think back On all the crap I learned in high school
It's a wonder I can think at all
And though my lack of edu---cation hasn't hurt me none
I can read the writing on the wall"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hSXKjHDKkY[/youtube]I agree.

Stevo_the_Human
Raven
Raven

18 Feb 2009, 10:06 pm

>.>
Well, I appreciate your rebellion against so-called learned-ness, but I can't help but feel disgusted at your poor writing.

I felt for a long time that I don't learn anything in school until I took electives, and about half of them I learn something important. :roll:

Once one knows their reading, writing and arithmetic (Ironically, two of the three "R's of Education" don't begin with R; it says a lot.) schools becomes utterly useless. It's time to head straight to college, where one can pursue their deepest interests.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 10:29 pm

"I never let schooling interfere with my education." -Mark Twain

However, based on your grammar, I would say you have neglected both schooling and education.

Kaysea
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 10:46 pm

I always detested school. On one hand, I was perpetually bored throughout HS and College, as the classes were designed around meeting the needs of the other 99% of students who 'just didn't get it.' I also loathed the fact that I was forced to/expected to engage in social interaction on a daily basis. Also, school took time away from my interests.

The ironic part, I was always a straight A student, and came off as a teacher's pet, in that I was always better at socializing with adults, rather than my peers.

Oh well...

orngjce223
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Feb 2009, 1:25 am

What if the Wikipedia article doesn't exist?

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 2:05 am

School is a waste and a pain to boot.

As for your comments on the writing, really, I think that the caps at the beginning of each word might just be a substitute for ALL CAPS, and a kinder one. After all, most of the rest of what was said seemed constructed reasonably well, like there was one misspelled word, and the first sentence had a rough start, and should have been divided I think, but in terms of net writings, there have been much worse.

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 4:20 am

School is a load of nonsense: why shoud we be there when the teachers are so overworked that they don't care about our well-being while in school?

twix93
Raven
Raven

19 Feb 2009, 7:20 am

:evil: :evil: I hate school :evil: :evil: - Even now that we have taken electives, we have to take DT as an option (that is woodwork, textiles, catering, anything like that).
The things I am interested in are too easy: Maths, German and Spanish. I don't learn anything.

And "Science" should be Science, not English comprehension.
English is too hard - We have to "read between the lines". I can never get used to that.
Homework is a waste of time.

I feel depressed when I'm at school, I feel like a grumpy weirdo. But that's not who I am.

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2009, 7:12 am

It's a system with obvious flaws, in that it is not much more than a tool to prepare new citizens for work. They're watching who breaks down first.

Night_Owl_Amber
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Feb 2009, 7:56 am

I didnt learn anything at all in secondary school, always knew it was a waste of time :(

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2009, 8:17 am

I agree with this. I learn more from the internet and the TV.

I'm learning Italian from the internet, and the course is a lot better than the French and German classes we had to take at school. Plus the language is more useful to me cos Italy is where I want to live when I'm older.

School is just a waste of time for me, cos I never learnt a thing.

y es como un semestre"

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2009, 8:32 am

gina-ghettoprincess wrote:
I agree with this. I learn more from the internet and the TV.

I'm learning Italian from the internet, and the course is a lot better than the French and German classes we had to take at school. Plus the language is more useful to me cos Italy is where I want to live when I'm older.

School is just a waste of time for me, cos I never learnt a thing.

In society, they want to know that you've learnt Italian. The way they do this is see if you've taken X number of Italian classes. They don't care if you speak Italian fluently. Sad really.

Night_Owl_Amber
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Feb 2009, 8:37 am

The Internets deffinately good for learning, it's just a quick search and theres the answer (well almost)
Theres no going round the houses to explain it - (which is just confusing)
I find it so much easir to learn when theres just a simple answer in front, any other aspies find this?

Noa x

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2009, 7:59 pm

I plan to take a 2-year program to learn how to be an EMT so I don't think that school is totally a load of crap; it depends on what classes you take and what you're trying to become.

Emor
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Feb 2009, 5:57 pm

I can confidently say that the job I want does not require anything I've learnt at school. I want to be a programmer, and I just learn programming languages at home or at dinner.
However, I do enjoy the lessons for the most part. I only really hate French, Music, PE(ESPECIALLY) and anything which requires me to get out of my seat xD.
I've learnt very little on the internet about Science, just read Science related stories, and the little Science I've learned at home was from books, which covered topics vaguely. I'd also like to be a Forensic Scientist, and I find the Science at school I learn important. Yet, I have a revision text book which covers the whole Year 9(what I'm in) curriculum, so admittedly, I don't need school.
The main things I hate about school is the break and lunch and the way I'm forced to learn French, do Music and do PE. PE has caused me a lot of trouble socially.
Oh, I also learnt all my grammar and the majority of my vocabulary on the internet, my English lessons most certainly have nothing to do with the matters.
EMZ=]