Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 6:52 pm

Well Michael Savage and PepsiCo are now in bed together

If you don't remember Michael Savage is the guy who said

Quote:
Now, the illness du jour is autism. You know what autism is? I'll tell you what autism is. In 99 percent of the cases, it's a brat who hasn't been told to cut the act out. That's what autism is. What do you mean they scream and they're silent? They don't have a father around to tell them, "Don't act like a moron. You'll get nowhere in life. Stop acting like a putz. Straighten up. Act like a man. Don't sit there crying and screaming, idiot.

Savage has also gone on record saying that gay people should get AIDs and die.

I say we boycott PepsiCo until they understand you don't give idiots like Michael Savage any support at all.

Michael Savage News Story

Last edited by philosopherBoi on 19 Feb 2009, 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ForsakenEagle
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Feb 2009, 6:57 pm

Agreed.

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Feb 2009, 7:34 pm

On the original WP article http://www.wrongplanet.net/article373.html I wrote

Quote:
I used to listen to Savage but stopped when it became clear to me that he's suffering from the angry old man syndrome. This article is basically the nail in the coffin for me. I will never listen to him again. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

But knowing how the media tends to take things out of context I found a video response and sure enough Savage's words were twisted around. I wrote the follow up...

Quote:
I'm in no way posting this to be confrontational but I was wondering if anyone had a chance to watch this interview where Savage responses to his comments? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK2SYib5Sxg It might be a good idea to at least watch and listen and then make a decision.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK2SYib5Sxg[/youtube]

Savage wasn't saying that autism isn't a disease. His anger was directed towards the medical industry for giving non-autistic children medicines meant for kids WITH the disease. What he and others in the medical community found is that in most cases non-autistic child taking those medicines over time developed mental problems; the kinds that require doses of Ritalin and Oxycodone.

Regardless of your views on Savage he isn't a hack. His list of degrees are long:

Ph.D., Nutritional Ethnomedicine
M.S., Medical Anthropology
M.S., Medical Botany
B.A, Sociology
B.A., Education

Anyone that discredits his educational background when he speaks on medical subjects is delusional and, unfortunately, ignorant.

The former things have passed away."

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 7:41 pm

He's an educated moron then. Anyway, we shouldn't be drinking any Pepsi products to begin with, they are bad for you.

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Feb 2009, 7:49 pm

AspE wrote:
He's an educated moron then. Anyway, we shouldn't be drinking any Pepsi products to begin with, they are bad for you.

I agree... about drinking Pepsi products.

The former things have passed away."

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 7:58 pm

I don't care if he has a lot of degrees, they don't mean he has the common sense or humanity to treat others with respect. Michael Savage's behavior is worse than that of a spoiled brat with anger issues. Sorry if that hurts anyone's feelings but really I don't care.

demeus
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 9:57 pm

I have stopped drinking soda anyways so I do not see where boycotting Pepsi would help in my case.

Jimbeaux
Toucan
Toucan

19 Feb 2009, 10:33 pm

Michael Savage is a miserable, sour old fool. I can't stand him, and I am a political conservative who usually loves conservative talk radio.

(he says, sitting here drinking his nectar, otherwise known as Diet Pepsi)

:wink:

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 11:42 pm

demeus wrote:
I have stopped drinking soda anyways so I do not see where boycotting Pepsi would help in my case.

He is being rewarded despite the fact that he has bad mouthed at least 1/10 of the humans alive today, on purpose. Don't you think letting him get that reward would be like stabbing ourselves as a community in the heart?

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 11:46 pm

Michael Savage (Weiner) is a hateful vindictive as*hole who people only listen to for shock value. Even Rush Limbaugh must stare in awe at the totally assholery Michael Savage (Weiner) projects.

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2009, 12:09 am

history_of_psychiatry wrote:
Michael Savage (Weiner) is a hateful vindictive as*hole who people only listen to for shock value. Even Rush Limbaugh must stare in awe at the totally assholery Michael Savage (Weiner) projects.

You know as I was typing up the original post I was thinking along the lines man Rush Limbaugh must be thinking that Michael Savage is extreme.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2009, 2:16 am

kxmode wrote:
AspE wrote:

I agree... about drinking Pepsi products.

i agree about pepsi too.