I got in trouble with unemployment

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

19 Feb 2009, 7:11 pm

All because I had a dentist appointment so I wasn't avaliable to work when my job asked me if I wanted to work.

I called them and they told me I said I wasn't looking for work and I said that was because I have a job, I just check every week to see if I am working next week and she said I was supposed to be looking for another job. Okay but it said on their website, you are actively seeking work if you have a job or waiting to work and that's what I'm doing. I forgot to point that out to her but because I suck in communication, I didn't think to ask it. This is so confusing. Their website says one thing and the lady says another. Maybe she was just full of it (Perhaps I should call them back and see if another person says the same thing as she did). Now that I'm disqualified because of that dentist appointment, I have to make 4 times as much now to end it before tax return and call them back. I even forgot to ask if they meant by April 15th. I assume they mean by that date because that is when taxes are due. Filing a claim every week won't do me any good because I keep getting denied then because I asked about it and she said yes so I won't bother.

Thank god for SSI even if it means getting less every month. Plus my bf said he can pay all the bills if he has to if it gets too stressful for me.

Dussel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2009, 1:21 am

That's an old trick: A company often tries to appear as successful and the best indicator for being successful is to seek new employees, so they announce it on their web page or even in job seekers' web pages or newspapers.