Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

jennyfreckles
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Dec 2005, 8:18 pm

i love that show it's so funny. i don't think there's been an episode of it that hasn't made me laugh hysterically! anyone else enjoy it?

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2005, 8:44 pm

I've got the first season on tape - not to mention the fact that Malcom and Dewey are probably both aspies

jennyfreckles

22 Dec 2005, 8:56 pm

oops did i spell malcom wrong? is the show supposed to be a kids programme? and have they actually been diagnosed because i doubt anyone would disagree that they seem to be aspies. do you think reece has adhd?

Remnant
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2005, 1:01 am

The correct spelling is "Malcolm." I haven't watched the last three seasons, so I don't have a clear idea what is going on with them or whether the series is still making new episodes.

No, it's not a kid's program. The humor is adult and sometimes just a bit raunchy. Francis gets into things that are definitely edgy and PG-13 material.

jennyfreckles

23 Dec 2005, 5:07 pm

so i spelt it right the first time then lol thanks. i asked because of the time its on in the uk my daughter is 7 and she had started watching it which is why i started watching it i dont really think the risky humour is anything to worry about though as she wouldnt understand what they are on about. i used to watch on the buses when i was little and find it funny but it wasnt till i saw a film of it as an adult that i realised how risky it was.

Kiss_my_AS
Toucan
Toucan

23 Dec 2005, 5:15 pm

Remnant wrote:
........sometimes just a bit raunchy.

Good description. I liked the series though, but also haven't watched it for a couple of years.

shivanataraja
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Dec 2005, 11:57 am

One of those shows that i sometimes find funny, but don't consider amazingly groundbreaking or anything, but definitely watchable if there isn't much else to do wih my time...

Malcolm definitely has AS traits and Reece and Dewey definitely both have traits of ADD, Dewey maybe AS as well... Malcolm perhaps seems a bit too "socially smart" to be actually diagnosed As tho...

(they're all fictional characters anyway, so ultimately they don't have to conform to any "real world" psychological categories, since they're whatever the author rather than nature wants them to be... but i find "diagnosing" fictional characters to be amusing... :lol: )

Stevie's also a positive disabled character (whose disability is rarely remarked on), as well as breaking standard racial stereotypes, so i think (for mainstream American TV at any rate) MitM's kind of cool...