how can you even not believe in aliens...

Page 7 of 8 [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2009, 3:41 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
OK then, what we're debating here is the probability of spontaneous generation. That is to say, inorganic compounds assembling themselves into organic life. Even bacteria have DNA, and what we're debating is the possibility of DNA being assembled by random chance.

Yes , I didn't think of looking at it that way.

But it happened that way here. Whats to say it hasn't happened some where else?

Science is constantly looking at other planets and there moons looking for similar conditions that could possibly produce that result.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2009, 6:08 pm

b9 wrote:
there is really no "uncertainty principal" as it is just a failure of definition which results in "uncertainty".

I have no idea what you're talking about, but the uncertainty principle(s) is a mathematical fact resulting from Fourier analysis.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2009, 7:18 pm

twoshots wrote:
b9 wrote:
there is really no "uncertainty principal" as it is just a failure of definition which results in "uncertainty".

I have no idea what you're talking about, but the uncertainty principle(s) is a mathematical fact resulting from Fourier analysis.

It's a Quantum effect, which means that "uncertainty" means anything you want it to mean!

(Not. :roll: )

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2009, 8:00 pm

It really does seem like that's how people think of quantum mechanics. :? Sprinkle the word "quantum" and voila! you've got an excuse for anything.

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2009, 9:02 pm

twoshots wrote:
It really does seem like that's how people think of quantum mechanics. :? Sprinkle the word "quantum" and voila! you've got an excuse for anything.

Is there a free e book that gives you a break down of quantum physics out there?

I really want to read about it rather then hearing it from new age stuff. I want facts not misunderstood information.

If someone finds a link I would be really really grateful. thanks!

b9
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2009, 9:35 am

twoshots wrote:

you and the previous 2 posters are pundits due to education that you can find in your search for information.
i do not think you have ever assessed any aspect of the fabric of reality yourselves with your own brains and notions.
you seem locked inside the things you have learned from better thinkers than you have conceived.
there are reporters and there are individual discoverers and ne'er the twain do meet.

every time i see a concept espoused by some philosophical members, i can verify their validity by googling their assertions. they are correct, and because i can verify that easily without thinking myself , then i know someone thought of it before them and they merely are reporters of what they read as they trawl for intellectual ordnance they collect from the net.

not interested am i in that identity starved realm of having to google and disprove others assertions to remain on the throne of social validity.

i discover what i believe while reasoning through what i can think of.
that is all.

carry on with your esoteric stuff as i am away from this thread.

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2009, 10:17 am

b9 wrote:
twoshots wrote:

you and the previous 2 posters are pundits due to education that you can find in your search for information.
i do not think you have ever assessed any aspect of the fabric of reality yourselves with your own brains and notions.
you seem locked inside the things you have learned from better thinkers than you have conceived.
there are reporters and there are individual discoverers and ne'er the twain do meet.

every time i see a concept espoused by some philosophical members, i can verify their validity by googling their assertions. they are correct, and because i can verify that easily without thinking myself , then i know someone thought of it before them and they merely are reporters of what they read as they trawl for intellectual ordnance they collect from the net.

not interested am i in that identity starved realm of having to google and disprove others assertions to remain on the throne of social validity.

that is all.

Thats how things work on this site :wink: Why'd do you thin they struggle in real life.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2009, 7:10 pm

One of the great advantages of standing on the shoulders of giants is that I can see further than other people.

There's no philosophy here. The Uncertainty Principle is cold, hard, math.

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2009, 7:18 pm

Its probably better just to follow your heart and instincts and see where that gets you.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2009, 7:39 pm

I don't know if there are aliens, at least in the sense we're thinking of. I think that there are different life forms out there, like plants and animals, but I don't believe that the circumstances will be out there in the universe again to make a creature as vulnerable to the elements and has the mental capacities we have.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2009, 7:43 pm

benjimanbreeg wrote:
Its probably better just to follow your heart and instincts and see where that gets you.

You know where that got people for approximately 200,000 years?

Nowhere.

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2009, 7:46 pm

b9 wrote:
twoshots wrote:

that is all.

I don't think you were referring to me , if you are ,your mistaken.

I try very hard to stay open minded about things. I do think there it intelligent life out there . I would list my reasons but I would be flamed into oblivion because i have no proof to back up my claims.

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2009, 8:30 pm

twoshots wrote:
benjimanbreeg wrote:

Nowhere.

Hardly. People who have made a difference, have gone against the so called "rules"

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2009, 8:45 pm

^"the internet does physics"

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2009, 3:48 am

twoshots wrote:
benjimanbreeg wrote:

Nowhere.

I disagree.
That's what man kind started out with and I would say we've come pretty far

b9
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2009, 7:36 am

just-me wrote:
b9 wrote:

I don't think you were referring to me , if you are ,your mistaken.

no of i was not referring to you. i was referring to territorial people who have the tool of google to tune their bugle.
sorry i am not well today.