Page 5 of 5 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2009, 11:17 pm

Good job, Firebird!! I'm with you all the way.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2009, 11:55 pm

Padium wrote:
Oh would someone lock this thread already, it is not even a circle, it is a spiralling thing heading quickly into the oblivion of the dead horse society.

WOW, what a nice colorful way of saying that! :lol: It IS certainly true though. :cry:

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2009, 12:07 am

Postperson wrote:
FireBird wrote:
Postperson wrote:
I'm also rather sceptical of people who come here with multiple dx'es and a product to sell. Joining forums in order to sell a product is known as 'viral marketing'. I don't know that my objections simply reduce down to 'pure' autism, as alleged.

So, basically what you are saying in your continuing attacks against me, that someone with multiple diagnoses can't sell a product?

I object to the term 'continuing attacks' it's yet another instance of your 'playing the victim'.

I object to forums being used as some pre-assembled 'tupperware party' by people who come here with things to sell. I don't like the idea of people with multiple mental illnesses passing themselves off as solely autistic in a public speaking arena as it can lead to the public perception that autism is a mental illness.

If you and your mother wish you to pursue a (paid?)public spokeseperson role in the field of autism, one of the things you are going to need to get used to is detractors. People with muddy/multiple/confused dx'es are going to attract more criticism and that is quite clear in the history of other people who do public speaking on autism. If you can't cope with that, then you probably need to reconsider whether that is a good choice for you. Temple Grandin has lots of critics and I wouldn't even class her as having a 'confused' dx history. Why would it be any different for you?

FireBird,

I would mostly be echoing what postperson says. She IS right. I don't think she ever actually attacked YOU, and the position against people providing a product/service that is somewhat contaminated IS valid. ALSO, the idea of selling such a product to a group such as this in that way is ALSO something to be, at least, discouraged. It is like insurance salespeople going to a church and acting like the care, JUST to sell policies.

And YOU have been attacking HER.

Oh well, I guess you will find 4 types of people here.

Those that blindly praise/congratulate you.
Those that believe as we do.
Those that don't care.
MAYBE some that might actually buy.

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2009, 1:25 am

2ukenkerl wrote:
Postperson wrote:
FireBird wrote:
Postperson wrote:
I'm also rather sceptical of people who come here with multiple dx'es and a product to sell. Joining forums in order to sell a product is known as 'viral marketing'. I don't know that my objections simply reduce down to 'pure' autism, as alleged.

So, basically what you are saying in your continuing attacks against me, that someone with multiple diagnoses can't sell a product?

I object to the term 'continuing attacks' it's yet another instance of your 'playing the victim'.

I object to forums being used as some pre-assembled 'tupperware party' by people who come here with things to sell. I don't like the idea of people with multiple mental illnesses passing themselves off as solely autistic in a public speaking arena as it can lead to the public perception that autism is a mental illness.

If you and your mother wish you to pursue a (paid?)public spokeseperson role in the field of autism, one of the things you are going to need to get used to is detractors. People with muddy/multiple/confused dx'es are going to attract more criticism and that is quite clear in the history of other people who do public speaking on autism. If you can't cope with that, then you probably need to reconsider whether that is a good choice for you. Temple Grandin has lots of critics and I wouldn't even class her as having a 'confused' dx history. Why would it be any different for you?

FireBird,

I would mostly be echoing what postperson says. She IS right. I don't think she ever actually attacked YOU, and the position against people providing a product/service that is somewhat contaminated IS valid. ALSO, the idea of selling such a product to a group such as this in that way is ALSO something to be, at least, discouraged. It is like insurance salespeople going to a church and acting like the care, JUST to sell policies.

And YOU have been attacking HER.

Oh well, I guess you will find 4 types of people here.

Those that blindly praise/congratulate you.
Those that believe as we do.
Those that don't care.
MAYBE some that might actually buy.

So, what you are against me too? Why is everyone ganging up on me and playing blaming games and hate me? MY PRODUCTS ARE NOT AS YOU SAY "CONTAMINATED."
It is stupid to think that. So you are saying that someone with autism can't sell a product? oh yeah, you forgot the 5th type. Total jerks. I hate people who deliberately attack me and then deny it. It is clear that you hate me.

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2009, 1:26 am

Averick wrote:
Good job, Firebird!! I'm with you all the way.

Thank you. At least one person is nice to me on this board.

lovesusagi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Mar 2009, 3:34 pm

i had to comment on this , i read all the posts , and i have AS and was recently diagnosed with schizophrenia too ! many of the same symptoms are common with both syndromes , however to say that firebird cant speak for autism , is like saying someone with a cold and flu cant speak about the flu because they have a cold there is indeed a lot of negative publicity about autism , but i feel firebird is doing a fantastic job in raising awareness about autism , i would be scared to death to get up in front of people to talk about any subject . keep up the good work, firebird , and don't let the detractors get to you .

Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 3:36 pm

lovesusagi wrote:
i had to comment on this , i read all the posts , and i have AS and was recently diagnosed with schizophrenia too ! many of the same symptoms are common with both syndromes , however to say that firebird cant speak for autism , is like saying someone with a cold and flu cant speak about the flu because they have a cold there is indeed a lot of negative publicity about autism , but i feel firebird is doing a fantastic job in raising awareness about autism , i would be scared to death to get up in front of people to talk about any subject . keep up the good work, firebird , and don't let the detractors get to you .

i agree. people online can be really mean for no good reason. i totally support firebird.

just curious are you on any meds for schizophrenia?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 4:07 pm

That is awesome, firebird. You'll have to keep us posted. That is something being accepted out of all the entries. I bet there was a lot of competition. Happy birthday to you!

lovesusagi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Mar 2009, 5:24 pm

Learning2Survive wrote:
just curious are you on any meds for schizophrenia?
yes , i am on on rispridal , that med is also given for anger issues with AS , but i take it for the schizophrenia

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 10:08 pm

Firebird, you have incredible art and I'm so proud of you for giving speeches on autism. I could not even say a few short words about my own art.
Just ignore the detractors. What is important is that you continue doing what you do, and that you do have people that support you.

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 11:46 pm

Thank you guys for supporting me! That makes me feel so much better. The other guys were just so mean to me. Making fun of the way I write, afraid that I will mix the autism and the schizophrenia, and just attacking me as a person and when I'm telling them they are attacking, they blame me! My belief is treat others as you want to be treated. If they treat me like crap, I'll do it right back to them. I absolutely HATE the people who hate my success stories and yes there are several of them on here. Yes, I take meds for my schizoaffective disorder but right now I'm going through a med change because of the side effects and I'm hallucinating and getting confused like crazy! I'm on a very low dose of meds right now. But on March 30th when I see the pdoc again, he is putting me on a different med that I don't know the name of yet.

lau
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2009, 12:45 pm

FireBird wrote:
... If they treat me like crap, I'll do it right back to them. ...

... and if you break WP rules by so doing, you will be banned.

If someone makes a personal attack on you, report them.

This thread has already been cleaned up once. Do not turn it into a flame war again.