Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Fenrez
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Feb 2009, 4:51 pm

Does anyone else think this is unnecessary? I used to go to regular school (I am a homeschooler/dualcredits guy) and I always thought that homework was superfluous. I can understand in college where you need to make sure you know the material, but in highschool (just last year for me {freshmen}), I always understood what happened in class, yet the teachers always seemed to want to reiterate their point by giving me loads of homework (not that it really mattered, I just did it on the way into school). If they're trying to make sure that the all the jocks, cheerleaders, and whatnot understood it, they need to do it in a more efficient way. I know that all the slackers plagiarized and cheated off other students.

Anyway, that was my rant. What do you think about homework?

twix93
Raven
Raven

20 Feb 2009, 5:17 pm

I'm lucky with homework, we don't get that much. The homework we get is unnecessary though. We get long double-sided sheets of repetitive and simple Maths questions which are just a waste of time.

schleppenheimer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2009, 5:21 pm

I totally agree. Homework is a waste of time for MOST people. Not all, as you pointed out -- some people need to have practice on the subject -- so are you glad to be rid of the homework? Is life wonderful now?

smilyme
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Feb 2009, 5:31 pm

I haaate homework it is soooo freekin boring, it screw up my head (literally), schoolwork is enough for me

Fenrez

20 Feb 2009, 6:54 pm

lol, I am totally not rid of homework, (I do dual credit so there is a lot more) but now the homework, instead of seeming unnecessary now becomes the entire point (except in my college algebra class {I've did Algebra 2 in two months, selftaught, som im taking the class for a review})

FieryGatoh
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2009, 8:13 pm

I don't see the point of homework. Assignments, yes, homework, no ;)

Sea_of_Saiyan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Feb 2009, 3:58 am

I wish my teachers would just give worksheets like everyone else...but no, it's constant papers and projects about weird things that nobody cares about.

Fenrez

21 Feb 2009, 8:48 am

Yeah I always hated those : S and put them off. LOL like, on time, I put off a research paper that had been assigned, like, four months before (of course, I procrastinated), and the day before the paper was due, I did it all and still received the highest XD (99/100).

Now that I am in college though homework seems to be better to me. Although (I am doing dual credits at a local community college) all the nimwits (almost everyone) still cheats on everything.

Relicanth7
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2009, 11:16 am

Fenrez wrote:
Yeah I always hated those : S and put them off. LOL like, on time, I put off a research paper that had been assigned, like, four months before (of course, I procrastinated), and the day before the paper was due, I did it all and still received the highest XD (99/100).

Now that I am in college though homework seems to be better to me. Although (I am doing dual credits at a local community college) all the nimwits (almost everyone) still cheats on everything.

So in essence you saying your superior to evryone else? :(

Anyways i dont have any collage classes untuil next year ( CE Macro Economics and Gov.)
(Concurrent enrollment)

But i hate homework unless its an actual project... its a waste of time... :x

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2009, 12:19 pm

I used to complain that I didn't get enough homework! :lol: I always enjoyed doing any homework that I did get, especially history. I don't like doing coursework though because it's so specific. When I did get homework(which was kinda rare for some lessons) it helped me to remember the work later on. That's me though. :P

Relicanth7
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2009, 3:48 pm

gemstone123 wrote:
I used to complain that I didn't get enough homework! :lol: I always enjoyed doing any homework that I did get, especially history. I don't like doing coursework though because it's so specific. When I did get homework(which was kinda rare for some lessons) it helped me to remember the work later on. That's me though. :P

Gem please explain to me whats "coursework"??? :huh:

Fenrez

12 Mar 2009, 9:15 pm

No, I am not saying I'm superior than everyone else. Just some people at a community college.

Relicanth7
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2009, 11:43 am

Fenrez wrote:
No, I am not saying I'm superior than everyone else. Just some people at a community college.

... : S

jamesp420
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Mar 2009, 12:56 pm

I hardly ever get homework, and on the rare occasion that I do get it, I never do it.
But then I usually just do the bare minimum and skip the rest.

http://www.facebook.com/jamesp420

Relicanth7
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2009, 1:13 pm

jamesp420 wrote:
I hardly ever get homework, and on the rare occasion that I do get it, I never do it.
But then I usually just do the bare minimum and skip the rest.

LOL :lol: i usuaLy do to unless its a major project or im riding the passing fail line... but to be honest school just isnt challenging if i get things wrong its beacuse of a stupid mastake not usualy an actual problem...

Corydaman93
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Mar 2009, 5:46 pm

I simply wish that teachers gave us more time to work on projects and assignments so we could never get homework.

http://www.myviewonautismessay.webs.com