Have people shown they like you but you always mess it up?

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

rivergoat
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Feb 2009, 12:11 pm

Homer_Bob wrote:
This has happened to me my whole life. There's been plenty of people I probably would be friends with if I were normal. Sometimes, there were people who tried to befriend me in the past but I pushed them away. At the time, I couldn't tell if they were serious or if they were just messing with me so I just assumed they were out to get me. Turns out, most of them were serious as I was told years later. Other times, I have gotten into daily conversations with people I see, whether it's college or work. Sometimes, after a while, people would stop talking to me and seem to just lose interest in me. I guess I wasn't talkative enough or I gave them some kind of impression that I didn't want to befriend them. I really don't know. I never start conversations with people, even those I know. I only speak when spoken to. I guess after a while, that caught up with me. I hate living like this, I really do. I see people I like and can never get anything to happen. I don't want to ask them to hang out because I don't know if they'd really want to. And yet, I see others meet and hang out immediately. I don't get it!! !!

me too.

goat

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2009, 5:58 pm

I have always messed it up and I always will. Because what they see in me at the beginning when they start seeking my friendship is not who I truly am. When they get to know me better, and see the real me, they realize they're not interested in being friends with me.

ALittleLost
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Feb 2009, 7:46 pm

I never know what the heck to do when I like people. I just sort of prefer the feeling of "liking" a guy but I really have a hell of a time moving past that point.

It's even harder for me when I find that they like me more than a friend because I panic. I withdraw very quickly and completely disappear. I honestly need a manual book!

Jhana
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Feb 2009, 7:52 pm

ALittleLost wrote:
I never know what the heck to do when I like people. I just sort of prefer the feeling of "liking" a guy but I really have a hell of a time moving past that point.

It's even harder for me when I find that they like me more than a friend because I panic. I withdraw very quickly and completely disappear. I honestly need a manual book!

same here

i did this to 3 girls within the last 6 months.