Have people shown they like you but you always mess it up?

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KevinLA
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2009, 8:20 pm

There have been times when people have shown an indication that they want to give me a chance to be their friend, and in the past always have done something to turn them off.

Very frustrating.

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2009, 8:26 pm

yeah, but i've kind of had in the past, that when i'm in a situation with a very attractive women who has shown interest, I have lost control, and f****d the chance up.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2009, 9:27 pm

Yeah, it happened once.
Usually I'm alright, I think.... But sometimes I can be a b***h. :?

irikarah
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Feb 2009, 9:30 pm

Story of my social life.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2009, 9:38 pm

I was getting along perfectly fine with everyone in the Myst community, but I still couldn't resist hacking their accounts and making enemies out of them.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2009, 9:51 pm

This has happened to me my whole life. There's been plenty of people I probably would be friends with if I were normal. Sometimes, there were people who tried to befriend me in the past but I pushed them away. At the time, I couldn't tell if they were serious or if they were just messing with me so I just assumed they were out to get me. Turns out, most of them were serious as I was told years later. Other times, I have gotten into daily conversations with people I see, whether it's college or work. Sometimes, after a while, people would stop talking to me and seem to just lose interest in me. I guess I wasn't talkative enough or I gave them some kind of impression that I didn't want to befriend them. I really don't know. I never start conversations with people, even those I know. I only speak when spoken to. I guess after a while, that caught up with me. I hate living like this, I really do. I see people I like and can never get anything to happen. I don't want to ask them to hang out because I don't know if they'd really want to. And yet, I see others meet and hang out immediately. I don't get it!! !!

Flismflop
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2009, 9:57 pm

Regarding people I want to mate with: yes, I usually end up messing it up while speaking with them during the first meeting. There was one instance within the past 2 years which took several months for me to mess up. It turns out that she wasn't right for me anyway though. Who knows, she might change and come back for me.

Regarding people I want to merely band together with: no, not always within my field of interest at least. I even managed to share a hotel for a week with someone last summer and we're still friends.

ttqs84
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Feb 2009, 10:25 pm

oh yeah, that's very true in my case. i'm too judgemental on people because of what they've done to me in the past. so, i've done whatever i can to blow 'em off. even now that i'm back in my home country where Autism/AS is unheard of. yeah, i literally f@%k up at that.

Mw99
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2009, 10:28 pm

KevinLA wrote:
There have been times when people have shown an indication that they want to give me a chance to be their friend, and in the past always have done something to turn them off.

Very frustrating.

story of my life.

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2009, 11:53 pm

Yeah, the problem with me in the past has been not realizing it.
My problems more recently, I'm not sure.
There's one I'm not ready to give up on...

Jhana
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Feb 2009, 12:01 am

every time.

i push people away in general and not even know it. im scared once they see my pathetic reality they'll run for the hills so i just push them away before they get the chance to leave me themselves...

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2009, 7:16 am

Hm. This does sound like the thing that would happen to me. I did once try to make friends with someone and they tried to be friends with me but I ended up being totally annoying.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

Anniemaniac
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Feb 2009, 7:53 am

Yup.

I tend to get really nervous when I realise people are actually LIKING me and I get so scared of [removed by lau] up that I do just that.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2009, 10:00 am

Yes

DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2009, 10:26 am

Yeah happens sometimes.

rivergoat
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Feb 2009, 12:11 pm

Homer_Bob wrote:
This has happened to me my whole life. There's been plenty of people I probably would be friends with if I were normal. Sometimes, there were people who tried to befriend me in the past but I pushed them away. At the time, I couldn't tell if they were serious or if they were just messing with me so I just assumed they were out to get me. Turns out, most of them were serious as I was told years later. Other times, I have gotten into daily conversations with people I see, whether it's college or work. Sometimes, after a while, people would stop talking to me and seem to just lose interest in me. I guess I wasn't talkative enough or I gave them some kind of impression that I didn't want to befriend them. I really don't know. I never start conversations with people, even those I know. I only speak when spoken to. I guess after a while, that caught up with me. I hate living like this, I really do. I see people I like and can never get anything to happen. I don't want to ask them to hang out because I don't know if they'd really want to. And yet, I see others meet and hang out immediately. I don't get it!! !!

me too.

goat